SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6594
Word is he has been caught trying to sell the Senate seat vacated by Obama.
Great day here in Illinois. This guy ruined our State. This will be an interesting case to keep an eye on if you like watching guys who think they are above the law get theirs.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2008 … stody.html

Here is what he was saying to the press yesterday makes me laugh how delusional he is;

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages … geId=1.1.1

Last edited by SGT_Dicklewicz (2008-12-09 11:41:02)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
I think we need to act like China in regards to crooked politicians;

pin a number on their shirt and shoot them in the back of the neck.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6416|Chicago, IL
lololololol  big surprise there, apparently dipping into the states scholarship fund to put up more placards with his name on the toll booths isnt corrupt enough these days.   I guess he and George Ryan can split a cell now.
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6594
This guy needs to be on the dumbest criminal show. He has known he has been under investigation since 2002 and still was trying to make deals, it's like knowing your phone is tapped and admitting to a murder.

ATG - Until that is the punishment, this shit won't ever stop.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6416|Chicago, IL
so how much does a senate seat run these days anyway?  I'm sick of working retail.
pilebomb
+8|6089
Is it bad that I am totally not surprised?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6416|Chicago, IL

pilebomb wrote:

I'm surprised it took so long
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6594
* Just how insane is Rod Blagojevich?

Throughout the intercepted conversations, Blagojevich also allegedly spent significant time weighing the option of appointing himself to the open Senate seat and expressed a variety of reasons for doing so, including: frustration at being “stuck” as governor; a belief that he will be able to obtain greater resources if he is indicted as a sitting Senator as opposed to a sitting governor; a desire to remake his image in consideration of a possible run for President in 2016; avoiding impeachment by the Illinois legislature; making corporate contacts that would be of value to him after leaving public office; facilitating his wife’s employment as a lobbyist; and generating speaking fees should he decide to leave public office.

quoted from - http://thecapitolfaxblog.com/

looks like you get a job for your wife, cash up front and a nice cushy job for a Senate seat in his world. No one was buying but the feds.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6416|Chicago, IL
If he had appointed himself to that seat, i think an angry mob would have run him down

and we're damn good at angry mobs around here.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6449|Somewhere else

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I have wanted to see this motherfucker go down for a looooooong time.  I knew this day would come.  oh man.  THIS MADE MY DAY.

I don't know what it is with IL Governors and their corruption, or their ability to get caught, but good holy shit this is just peachy.

S.Lythberg wrote:

pilebomb wrote:

I'm surprised it took so long
I was a little astonished after the Rezko fiasco, that Blagojevich didn't fall right then.   It was a long wait.

Even if by some long shot chance this fuck walks, he is officially ruined as a political figure.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
pilebomb
+8|6089
This is great, I've gotten 2 text messages from friends that rarely talk about politics sayin Balgo went down before the ripe hour of 11:30. Illinois politics: Where corruption happens.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6684|US
Illinois politics is corrupt, end of story...
SSDD.

Can't say I'm surprised, and it does make me happy that these people who are completely destroying IL are getting the boot.  It's just not happening fast enough, IMO.
I'm surprised Daley is still in office.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6416|Chicago, IL

RAIMIUS wrote:

Illinois politics is corrupt, end of story...
SSDD.

Can't say I'm surprised, and it does make me happy that these people who are completely destroying IL are getting the boot.  It's just not happening fast enough, IMO.
I'm surprised Daley is still in office.
Daley gets 116% of the popular vote, you know that
RoosterCantrell
+399|6449|Somewhere else

Gawd this is getting good.

I am freaking giggling like a giddy girl.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Isn't Obama a product of the politics of that state?
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6594

ATG wrote:

Obama's peeps were willing to give "appreciation" (whatever that means), but could you imagine if he was stupid enough to play ball!?!

From the complaint;

104. On November 11, 2008, ROD BLAGOJEVICH talked with JOHN HARRIS
about the Senate seat. ROD BLAGOJEVICH suggested starting a 501(c)(4) organization (a
non-profit organization that may engage in political activity and lobbying) and getting “his
(believed to be the President-elect’s) friend Warren Buffett or some of those guys to help us
on something like that.” HARRIS asked, “what, for you?” ROD BLAGOJEVICH replied,
“yeah.” Later in the conversation, ROD BLAGOJEVICH stated that if he appoints Senate
Candidate 4 to the Senate seat and, thereafter, it appears that ROD BLAGOJEVICH might
get impeached, he could “count on [Senate Candidate 4], if things got hot, to give [the Senate
seat] up and let me parachute over there.” HARRIS said, “you can count on [Senate
Candidate 4] to do that.” Later in the conversation, ROD BLAGOJEVICH said he knows
that the President-elect wants Senate Candidate 1 for the Senate seat but “they’re not willing
to give me anything except appreciation. Fuck them.”

Last edited by SGT_Dicklewicz (2008-12-09 11:34:21)

RoosterCantrell
+399|6449|Somewhere else

ATG wrote:

I'm sure the whole state isn't corrupt.  In fact, Rod had pretty much stabbed his own party in the back, and fought with most illinois government democrats.

Also, in a recorded conversation, Rod calls Obama a Motherfucker and says "fuck him".   It's clear in the recordings that Obama had no part in this, and was actually unwittingly impeding Blago's little scheme.

Most of the news reports have covered this portion, lol, Fox news went the exact opposite way with it. oh well.
pilebomb
+8|6089
Of course there is the Daley machine that has held control of Chicago for all but 12-13 years since 1955. And Blago actually had lower approval ratings than Bush, that's how much we liked him.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6568|S.C.
This only enhances International Anti-Corruption Day
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina
Rich Whitney should be Illinois's next governor.
RoosterCantrell
+399|6449|Somewhere else

The more that comes to light, the... almost scarier it becomes.

The guy was continuing with shit he was already under investigation for, yet still thought he could work his way into Obama's cabinet.  He also was still holding out for a presidential run in the future.

Delusional much?   The guy is out on bond, ten bucks says he fucking snaps totally in some way.   This is fucking crazy.   Corruption is one thing, but the way he conducted himself and what he thought was possible makes me wonder if he is even sane.

Course, he could have known he was going down, so he started acting crazy, knowing he would get caught sooner or later, and use some kind of mental problem as a defense.

if he commits suicide, he will be, on the records, innocent of these crimes.... someone better be watching over him, cause the evidence doesn't get much more concrete than this.

At best, he won't get caught with the things still unkown, but politically, and probably career wise, his life is over.  I bet there are still some corporations out there that could use a corrupt fuck like him, however.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-12-09 16:02:29)

SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6594
After you read the complaint, it does sound like an unstable mind.
Fitzgerald didn't want to go in this soon, but Blago was so freaking crazy he had to put a stop to it.
I always thought he was going to get busted someday, but this is like epic fail
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5817|one windy city
i hope he rots in jail with George Ryan and hopefully some day Tod Stroger and Richie Daley.... dirty bastards, corrupt a-holes  ...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6659|Tampa Bay Florida
omgz he and Obama were once walking on the same block

IMPEACH!!! IMPEACH THE MUSLIM BEFORE HE'S IN OFFICE!!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
Of course, Obama, knows nothing of this, he just knows everyone who is involved.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard