fire1811
+1|6855|Illinois
I recieved the same error

I check my CC and it was pending charge so I didnt want to hit the back button for fear of another charge.

I just closed firefox and opened it again went to the buy now screen and there is a little link for people that have already bought it.  Click it, install the downloader and DL euroforce.
Buffnuggles
+11|6748|The Hague, Netherlands
Yes, I got that message too. Just click Back and try again.
It's downloading rightnow.
fire1811
+1|6855|Illinois
well atleast EA is consistant
eagleray69
gone, tired of kiddietrashtalk
+15|6661
i got this error message too, went >back, then >acount information and >back again and the ea downloader was there and i could start downloading. what i did immediately ... 19min left..
NukeDK
+1|6845|Denmark
Im also downloading hehe this is gonna be great
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6835
I had the gamespy problem too, it would have been nice if EA's crap was a little less cryptic.

When you made your charactername in BF, provided an email and so forth, thats the gamespy account you have to use. (You can always change it by logging into ea or where it says "change gamespy account" on the ea downloader).

If you forgot your details, go to login.gamespy.com and request your password..it'll ask for your email, put the one you used to sign up for your BF2 character and thats the GS account you use.

I'm not sure if you have to keep changing which GS account you use if you have alot of BF2 names.

Anyway, when I signed up I had alot of game spy accounts and different emails so.. it was difficult to say the least. I just wish ea would have mentioned the game spy account you used for BF is all.
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6647|Germany
I buy it Friday in a store.(I love it to be German)
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6715|England, UK
How big is the file? Does anyone know, thanks.

Last edited by General_CoLin_Tassi (2006-03-14 09:44:46)

fire1811
+1|6855|Illinois
Are you guys able to play it after you install it?

I installed it and it not showing up anywhere.  When I click play now in the EA downloader it takes me to regular bf2.
Euro force isnt even in my add/remove programs or start menu.

Called tech support he said I couldnt play till tomorrow.  But it didnt sound like he even knew what the hell euro force was
Viper38
+118|6685
file is 327mb - just downloading it now - god I'm so excited I think I'm gonna wet my pants (should I have written that on the forums - oh well )
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6715|England, UK

Viper38 wrote:

file is 327mb - just downloading it now - god I'm so excited I think I'm gonna wet my pants (should I have written that on the forums - oh well )
Thx.
fire1811
+1|6855|Illinois

Viper38 wrote:

Dont get your hopes to high yet.  Has anyone been able to play after they DL it?
Viper38
+118|6685

FromTheAshes wrote:

Omfg It Rules!!! Great Wall=pwnage!!!!!

Seems that this dude has played on it and there are a couple of posts relating to EF bugs that have already been found (way to go EA/Dice) so maybe you can play on it. Let just hope so
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6860|Germany / Saxony
I´m downloading it.
But I´ve an important Question:
In what fuckin folder of my PC is the downloaded file???
Yeah, I know, noobish quest...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Shin_Seffron
+2|6668
I got this info after i bought Euro Force...

1 - Click here to download the application, EA Downloader, to your computer. When you see the Windows dialog box asking you to "Run" or "Save" the file, select "Run."
2 - Install EA downloader.  Your purchased games will be displayed when you open EA downloader.
3 - Click "download now"  to start downloading Battlefield 2: Euro Force™ immediately.
4 - Click "install now" on the game’s release day to begin playing.

Seems to me like EA have just put EF up for purchase and download, so people can be ready for its release.
I checked EA's site this morning and the whole thing was down, presumably getting ready for this to be released.
Ah well its released on the 15th right?
So it might be that even though weve downloaded it we cant play it untill at least midnight tonight, or the other possibility is they set a round the world time so some people dont get to play the game before others....

Last edited by Shin_Seffron (2006-03-14 10:08:53)

Bilco
+3|6689|Northamptonshire UK
Seems like the EA downloader site has crashed not been able to get on it for 2 and half hours!
Shin_Seffron
+2|6668

Bilco wrote:

Seems like the EA downloader site has crashed not been able to get on it for 2 and half hours!
Im d/l'ing right now....

so im on it
eagleray69
gone, tired of kiddietrashtalk
+15|6661

fire1811 wrote:

Dont get your hopes to high yet.  Has anyone been able to play after they DL it?
...erm.. what do you mean? play? ..well, actually not.  do you really want to play it? now?
i´m happy the download worked, BUT:

1.when i go to singleplayer in bf2 (with my singleplayer nick), i can see the 3 maps and the description, but they tell me i have to buy ef first before i can play it (what i did before)

2. on multiplayer there are only servers with the other maps (sf and vanilla) but no great walls and so on.

maybe there is the problem with the nickname, i´m working on this, changed it in  the ea/gamespy-account. maybe it takes some time to update.
if anyone has ideas on this topic, feel free to communicate it to me!
fire1811
+1|6855|Illinois
Honestly I was surprised how fast in installed which probably mean it was just preparing to install and the real install will come tomorrow

That is going to really piss me off
Shin_Seffron
+2|6668
What i want to know is why EA didnt go the whole hog and rip off STEAM completly...
I mean thats what it is really isnt it? EA downloader....
At least if they ripped it off properly we could all experience smaller quicker updates to patches, that everyone downloads when they log in...

Come to think of it EA have just aquired the publishers rights to HL2 so im surprised they havent used steam.

And why you need a Gamespy account to download Euro Force is beyond me...
A marketing ploy perhaps?
After all Gamespy is SH*T
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6715|England, UK
Downloading now. 2 hrs. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6726|Groningen / Netherlands
If i want to join a server it comes up that i havent installed euroforces yet (wich i have) i can see the army in BFHQ and stuff like that???

any help would be nice
https://img124.imageshack.us/img124/8028/error3tb.th.jpg

Last edited by RonnY[NL] (2006-03-14 10:35:44)

Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6647|Germany
I dont think i have a GS acc.Must i have one?
NoS
karma padder
+13|6642|UK

Cubefreak666 wrote:

if you have a BF2 online account then you have a GS account, they're the same thing.
Shin_Seffron
+2|6668

NoS wrote:

Cubefreak666 wrote:

if you have a BF2 online account then you have a GS account, they're the same thing.
Not nescessarily...
i couldnt make my gamespy account name the same as my BF2 one becasue my BF2 account name has punctuation characters in it, and gamespy wont allow that.
I got round it be just using the same name with only normal characters

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard