Ravlen
+0|6807
I sorta wanted to try for this badge... but really... 23 kills? 13 kills was feasible without suicide bombing (camping flags and waiting for loaded APC's). But I'm not sure I'll be able to do 23 without loading up jeeps full of C4 and looking for targets... That's not even talking about Expert... 37 kills with explosives in one round? I'd have to get a whole squad of friends to join the other team and just keep a constant flow of fully loaded APC's driving on my mines/C4 for an entire round...

I'll try this week/weekend and let y'all know how it goes, heh.

Ravlen
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6813

... or you go on a server with 300 tickets and few players.

... or you take beeng's guide to explosive success:
A) take jeep, apc, tank, or favoured mode of transport to enemy base
B) destroy said vehicle
C) sneak around, find a good spot to hide
D) request supplies
E) c4 the living shit out of any vehicle/spawn point [im so evil]
F) wait for vehicles to fill up with troops
G) press big red button

also, when coming upon snipers or unsuspecting victims, throw c4 on them instead of knifing them.
ProDicTeD
+2|6835
LoL!!!!
Major Payne
+18|6807|Netherlands
every time i play battlefield and i am Special Ops i forgott the lost stap (G) i can never find the red button
Major Payne
+18|6807|Netherlands
lol just playing whit you
ProDicTeD
+2|6835
btw A and E are the best do them myself
Slowpinger-GER-
Kermit was here...
+-1|6807|Hamburg
I love the entry spot on dalian plant on china side....this canyon where everyone rush to the first flag. Just put 2 C4s on the ground and wait....its almost always a full humvee or an apc. Easy kills!
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6813

Slowpinger-GER- wrote:

I love the entry spot on dalian plant on china side....this canyon where everyone rush to the first flag. Just put 2 C4s on the ground and wait....its almost always a full humvee or an apc. Easy kills!
I always do that with AT mines haha.  It's the perfect ambush cooridor!
Ravlen
+0|6807

Slowpinger-GER- wrote:

ahhh, good idea! I'll definitely give that a try tonight! Although I'm willing to bet they'll learn to be careful before I hit 23 kills, heh. I gotta make sure I go on a 64 Player server with <32 players to make sure the round lasts long enough too...

Ravlen
The ODM
+4|6807|Holland
This is just a tip, the way I got it. Play as MEC on Karkand (32 or 64 player server) and spawn as sniper. Just keep dumping claymores south of the most sough wooden fence. Uou might die, but the claymores will stay there for about a minute. And they ALWAYS run into them. Works even better with a support guy next to you (max claymores set up = 4, i think).
Faith +1
+1|6841|Arizona

The ODM wrote:

This is just a tip, the way I got it. Play as MEC on Karkand (32 or 64 player server) and spawn as sniper. Just keep dumping claymores south of the most sough wooden fence. Uou might die, but the claymores will stay there for about a minute. And they ALWAYS run into them. Works even better with a support guy next to you (max claymores set up = 4, i think).
Now this is a tip I didnt think of.

Thank you sir.  I will try to get my Vet Sniper & EO badge lol!
Crypto_420
+25|6870|Portland
1st off let me tell you,   it will take many many many times to pull off, but its worth it.

I enjoy the Shangia Penninsula(typo) for my C4 action.   The center control point on the map, up on the hill over looking the construction sites is where you can pull of massive C4 kills,   There is a spawn point behind the walk,  just throw C4 over wall and kill!!!   Then throw another one, wait till medics come and revive then kill again,   repeat untill rounds over

Crypto_420

https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/awards.jpg
*DuTcH*
+0|6873
Ive got veteran explosives got basic and then got vet same round.Set C4 down the passage at 1st flag at karkand and in the holes in the fence.Then wait loads of guys come that way so easy kills.Also try sniper get a supply guy 2 leave u ammo go mec and claymore holes in fence easy kills.

https://bf2s.com/player/45043573/awards.jpg
schuff
Exploding Fodder
+0|6805
Actually C4 is one of the easiest kit items to kill with IMO.   Once you get down the physics of a throw you can pretty much toss C4 any which way you want at very decent heights and lengths.  Then take into account that you can nearly throw/switch/press in a half a second that it can actually be much faster than trying to riddle someone with bullets (as they bunny hop .

I've already obtained my Expert badge for explosives.  My tip: Join 64p maps and toss/press at everything you see.  Of course make sure the toss is out of your range!  Once you get the hang of that though the kills will rack up. Especially on a funnel map like Karkland.

P.S.  I always run and dive when pressing/exploding C4.  It helps tremendously when trying to avoid the blast as well as any little object on the map. (Such as those pipes near the fence of Karkland entrance).
-=DRACO-Krusty
Deranged Klown
+21|6870|TX

schuff wrote:

Actually C4 is one of the easiest kit items to kill with IMO.   Once you get down the physics of a throw you can pretty much toss C4 any which way you want at very decent heights and lengths.  Then take into account that you can nearly throw/switch/press in a half a second that it can actually be much faster than trying to riddle someone with bullets (as they bunny hop .

I've already obtained my Expert badge for explosives.  My tip: Join 64p maps and toss/press at everything you see.  Of course make sure the toss is out of your range!  Once you get the hang of that though the kills will rack up. Especially on a funnel map like Karkland.

P.S.  I always run and dive when pressing/exploding C4.  It helps tremendously when trying to avoid the blast as well as any little object on the map. (Such as those pipes near the fence of Karkland entrance).
seen 1 guy do this before with great effectiveness.  he kicked my ass when we would run into each other coming around corners and such.  i have tried this method a couple times and with some practice i think i can get it to work.  good tip schuff.
Ravlen
+0|6807
I've tried this in the past, but I'm always a victim of the I-Press-the-Red-Button-but-it-switches-back-C4-and-drops-another-pack bug

I haven't tried it this patch though, so I don't know if it is fixed or not. anyone know?

Ravlen
schuff
Exploding Fodder
+0|6805

Ravlen wrote:

I've tried this in the past, but I'm always a victim of the I-Press-the-Red-Button-but-it-switches-back-C4-and-drops-another-pack bug

I haven't tried it this patch though, so I don't know if it is fixed or not. anyone know?

Ravlen
A common mistake is client side graphics.  Just because the red button has not displayed yet on your screen doesn't mean it hasn't actually occured on the server already.  There seems to be a very tiny delay in updating the visuals.

Therefore when you throw/switch/press it may LOOK as if you are throwing another C4! But in fact you are exploding the current laid C4.  Give it a try.

I believe everyone experiences this problem at times when they are trying a fast throw/press and they think they need to switch again since they don't see the red button yet, which only then switches them back to C4 throwing!

Its hard to get passed visually but once you get used to throw/switch/press you won't even look at the client side graphics (hands & button).
schuff
Exploding Fodder
+0|6805
Also, forgot to add:

When throwing C4, always use the shift(run) + jump + throw.  You'll be suprised how far that thing will go. 
Crypto_420
+25|6870|Portland
Some times this does happen,  the switch back,  the way to fix this problem is to wait till your team is away, and the other team is right on top of you then kill them and your self,  its only worth it, if there is 3 or more kills.   Other wise clear the area, blow the c4 and try again.

Big pain in the ass if you ask me!!  I have tried the throw,switch,press 100's of times, and 80% it still throws another c4,   practice makes perfict, so get used to TK's and being punished!!!

Crypto_420

https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/awards.jpg

Last edited by Crypto_420 (2005-10-06 23:37:25)

schuff
Exploding Fodder
+0|6805
I've rarely thrown another c4 unwillingly. The right-click switch has been very accurate for me. Must be a timing issue as I believe I have the formula down. =o
TA_Havok
+1|6805|Charlotte NC
I am trying to get this badge!! I get very unlucky as i have about 600 C4 kills no badge!! The round always seems to end before i get to 13.I will try some of the things posted here hopefully ill get it soon!
Ravlen
+0|6807

schuff wrote:

Ravlen wrote:

Ravlen
A common mistake is client side graphics.  Just because the red button has not displayed yet on your screen doesn't mean it hasn't actually occured on the server already.  There seems to be a very tiny delay in updating the visuals.

Therefore when you throw/switch/press it may LOOK as if you are throwing another C4! But in fact you are exploding the current laid C4.  Give it a try.

I believe everyone experiences this problem at times when they are trying a fast throw/press and they think they need to switch again since they don't see the red button yet, which only then switches them back to C4 throwing!

Its hard to get passed visually but once you get used to throw/switch/press you won't even look at the client side graphics (hands & button).
Naw, there's a completely separate issue where you drop C4 and RUN away (not walk). If you switch to the trigger before you run, and you hit the trigger the moment you stop running, sometimes it'll drop another C4 pack. It doesn't just look like another C4 pack, it IS another C4 pack, and you are no longer on the trigger. You have to run further away and switch to trigger again, or just switch and hit the button and suicide.

Ravlen
schuff
Exploding Fodder
+0|6805

Ravlen wrote:

schuff wrote:

Ravlen wrote:

Ravlen

Naw, there's a completely separate issue where you drop C4 and RUN away (not walk). If you switch to the trigger before you run, and you hit the trigger the moment you stop running, sometimes it'll drop another C4 pack. It doesn't just look like another C4 pack, it IS another C4 pack, and you are no longer on the trigger. You have to run further away and switch to trigger again, or just switch and hit the button and suicide.

Ravlen
Strange, I've never had this problem in my 1800 kills of C4.  Lucky me.
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6795
i have over 3000 c4 kills?
ArkAng37
+1|6872|San Antonio, TX
23 plz try 37 now thats a wild ride.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard