Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|5903|"Frisco"

A major thanks goes out to Croak for his superb work on updating UBAR's kit and unlocks sections to be far, far more accurate and informative than they previously were. I mean, details like accuracy in various positions, stances, and after multiple shots.

Along with the update, the unlocks have been relocated into the kits page so they can get the full, proper text treatment they deserve. Check it out!

- http://ubar.bf2s.com/unlocks.php
- http://ubar.bf2s.com/kits.php
[RS]Patriot
Member
+0|5837|Brisbane, Austrlia
good job, thanks man
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|5897|Cologne, Germany

yeah, nice one croak.
pusher
Member
+0|5837
and again:whenever i need info,i know where to get it.

thanx,men.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|5842
Very nice, the information will help many players (it helped me no end)  Thanks Croak, good work!
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|5901
Nice work, Myabe someone should get to work on a UBAR for maps, I'd put my hand up for that one!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|5903|"Frisco"

Whitegreek wrote:

Nice work, Myabe someone should get to work on a UBAR for maps, I'd put my hand up for that one!
I take submission via email -- Word, RTF, heck, I'll take notepad if you got it

Seriously though, if you are interested, I'd rather have one map done really well (strats, screen shots, differences betwen 16/32/64, etc) than all the maps done poorly.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|5897|Cologne, Germany

hmm.....that one interests me...but I am afraid I won't have the time...

And I don't have a place where I could upload screenshots and so on...
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|5903|"Frisco"

Upload them to my email account: bf2s @@ jrm.cc
pinky_81
Member
+1|5845|Denmark
Looks nice!! I would like a rewriting of the G3 as it's a bit confusing when reading it the first time...

"In practice, this makes the G3 less accurate than even the AK-47 when fired single shot and prone. In prone rapid or automatic fire, it is still the least accurate until more than 3 shots are fired, at which point only the M16 is more accurate."

Should it be (?):
In pratice when firing single shot and prone the G3 is less accurate than even the AK-47, But when prone using rapid or automatic fire the G3 is the most accurate until more than 3 shot are fired, at which point only the M16 is more accurate.

I might be a bit off - but it is a suggestion... UBAR ÜBER ALLES (I'm not german)

Pinky
Croak
Member
+11|5861|San Marcos, CA
I agree that line reads poorly. 

It should be something like:

"This makes the G3 the least accurate assault rifle, even when firing single shots from the prone position.  In rapid-fire /auto fire from the prone position, it becomes more accurate than the AK-47 and AK-74, but only after three or more shots have been fired."
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|5897|Cologne, Germany

chuyskywalker wrote:

Upload them to my email account: bf2s @@ jrm.cc
ok. I'll talk to my brother, he is a web designer and knows his way around Adobe Photoshop. He can help me with the pics and screens. I hope I can life up to the high standard you guys have established with UBAR and the weapons stuff.
pinky_81
Member
+1|5845|Denmark
With the updated UBAR - plz check the score needed to become Sergeant Major of the Corps - is there a "2" too much in there?? Or do you get degraded from 2nd Leutenant to SMoC when you get enough points??

Last edited by pinky_81 (2005-10-07 02:38:17)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|5897|Cologne, Germany

a lot of people wonder about that. personally, I am willing to believe the information in UBAR is correct, but this just doesn't seem very logical
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|5897|Missoula, MT
Thanks, champ! 
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|5842|Netherlands
Very nice work man!!!!!!
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|5900|United Kingdom
thanks a lot
YourFavoriteWookiee
Member
+0|5886|Denmark
Looks very cool man!
and some nice info!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|5903|"Frisco"

pinky_81 wrote:

With the updated UBAR - plz check the score needed to become Sergeant Major of the Corps - is there a "2" too much in there?? Or do you get degraded from 2nd Leutenant to SMoC when you get enough points??
Nope. But as I said elsewhere, I believe that the upper ranks are a bit screwy and will be clarified in the expansion or another patch.

Croak wrote:

I agree that line reads poorly. 

It should be something like:

...
Changed.
[AH]Cil3r
Member
+0|5900
I'd be willing to go for some map/s info in UBAR.
I'm fairly decent in Photoshop, and I've got the knowledge of the majority of the maps.

Let me know what all you'd need to make the map/s portion of UBAR happen, in detail, and I'll get to work on things right away.

Anyone interested in helping me, please hit me up through one of the following.

email: [email protected]
AIM: Cil3r
MSN: [email protected]
fateit
Member
+0|5875|Tacoma, Wa
I have the official BF2 guide, and let me tell you it sucks. I'm fairly sure you wouldn't want to use
any information in it, but if you need any refrences let me know and I can email you any information.
[email protected]
Maleki_MC
Member
+0|5841
Honestly....  For the Butter Bar, and SMOTC.. That is NOT a demotion.  Buter Bars get almost no respect in the real military.  The SMOTC is a nice job in Washington as a go between for the High Ups such as the president and all to the enlisted ranks.  The SMOTC makes a HELL of alot more money than, AND recieves 1,000 times more respect than a pissant Butter Bar
pinky_81
Member
+1|5845|Denmark
Thats correct...
clssfdlogic
Member
+0|5866|Uijeongbu, South Korea

Maleki_MC wrote:

Honestly....  For the Butter Bar, and SMOTC.. That is NOT a demotion.  Buter Bars get almost no respect in the real military.  The SMOTC is a nice job in Washington as a go between for the High Ups such as the president and all to the enlisted ranks.  The SMOTC makes a HELL of alot more money than, AND recieves 1,000 times more respect than a pissant Butter Bar
Thats partially correct.  SMOTC works at the Pentagon.  2LT's are quite abundant in the military.  However, they still technically outrank the SMOTC.  E-9 with probably 26+ years in is definitely making more than a butterbar with under 2. 

Still, the SMOTC salutes the Lieutenant. 

I'd rather still be a Warrant than either of those....

-A Quiet Professional
[7E]ToJo
Member
+0|5903|Indiana

clssfdlogic wrote:

Maleki_MC wrote:

Honestly....  For the Butter Bar, and SMOTC.. That is NOT a demotion.  Buter Bars get almost no respect in the real military.  The SMOTC is a nice job in Washington as a go between for the High Ups such as the president and all to the enlisted ranks.  The SMOTC makes a HELL of alot more money than, AND recieves 1,000 times more respect than a pissant Butter Bar
Thats partially correct.  SMOTC works at the Pentagon.  2LT's are quite abundant in the military.  However, they still technically outrank the SMOTC.  E-9 with probably 26+ years in is definitely making more than a butterbar with under 2. 

Still, the SMOTC salutes the Lieutenant. 

I'd rather still be a Warrant than either of those....

-A Quiet Professional
If SMOTC is the same as SMOA is to the army then you are wrong. SMOA outrank all officers except Generals and officer under general salute him/her.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard