MightyMet
+2|6680|Tacoma, WA
After playing all weekend it seems to me that either the accuracy of the M95 or the power of the M95 has changed with the new patch.  I am making shots the same way I was during 1.2 days and I'm either missing completely or just not getting head kills though I can't be certian which is the case.  I've shot guys 3 or 4 times in the bosy even just to see if I could kill them that way and wasn't getting anything.

Of course it might very well be that I just totally suck but somethin defintaly seems different.  Then again there are the tree branches they use for sites and I still haven't figured out if the rounds actually drop over distance or not.  Anyway was jsut wondering because suddenly with 1.21 I can't hit the broad side of a barn.
Impaqt
+37|6639|Chicago, Il
Looking at your stats I'd guess that you need a real mouse....

the Bullet drop was reduced a bit in 1.20 vs. 1.12.  I've notcied no change in 1.2-1.21 with the M95.
MightyMet
+2|6680|Tacoma, WA

Impaqt wrote:

Looking at your stats I'd guess that you need a real mouse....

the Bullet drop was reduced a bit in 1.20 vs. 1.12.  I've notcied no change in 1.2-1.21 with the M95.
I hadn't really thought of that.  I am currently using the Logitech MX700 Cordless Optical Mouse.  Is it time for a mouse upgrade?  What do you suggest?  Are the Laser Cordless Mice better? 

It just seems odd to me that before the 1.21 patch I could go to my favorite sniping spot, place the crosshairs on a guys head, fire my rifle and kill the guy.  All weekend I tried this with almost no results to show for it.  I then tried to fire slightly above their heads to account for bullet drop and still nothing.  Could it be lag maybe?  It seemed like most of the servers I was playing on were more laggy then normal.

Since you have played a lot more then I have do you find many situations where you actually have to account for bullet drop?

One other thing.  What mouse sensativity do you use.  I have mine down at about 1.0 should I go lower maybe.

I just wish the damn crosshairs were at least semi realistic. 
wtf.panda
+0|6646
Get yourself a Razer Diamondback plasma edition and all your troubles will be solved....

www.newegg.com has them

edit: and you have not been playing sniper long enough...I just started getting good at sniper at around 13 hours played time....maybe that was just me; or maybe it was just that before patch 1.2 it took skill to snipe.

Last edited by wtf.panda (2006-03-13 11:19:35)

Impaqt
+37|6639|Chicago, Il
I use a MX510, but will be upgrading toa G5 soon. 

Bullet drop come into play around 150-200m it seems....  and its not that much.....  We're talking pixels here....   

Personally, I cant stand Wireless mice....   I've heard a lot of people can do just fine with em though....

If you were laggy that could be a big factor too.....   Make sure when your sniping your Ping is under 100. (Preferably under 50) If you notice a lot of misses you were sure should of been hits, check your Ping....  I bet its high...

ANd a good high res is essential, but isnt going to magiclly make you a pwning sniper....  Practice Practice Practice  Get on a server by yourself and snipe some street signs from varying distances....   Drop a Supply Crate by the sign your going to target so you can get some distance readings.  Keep going further back.  You'll start to see where the M95 starts to Dip.
mporlier
+42|6641|Montreal, Canada
I do not think what you are saying is crazy. I actualy started a similar thread ( http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=17746 ) but regarding the L96A1. I clearly got shots dead on accurate and yet did not register a hit confirmation. I cant talk about the M95 since I exclusivly use the L96A1. It is not a mouse problem.
Arkanon
+3|6696|London, UK
I haven't been able to hit a bloody thing with the scoped rifles while prone since version 1.2 came out. One theory is that if you are lying up a slope, the barrel is actually going below the ground line, so the bullet never makes it out of the gun. Bloody irritating. I used to be pretty bloody good with the M95. Now it takes me six shots to make what used to be an easy hit, let alone getting a kill.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6772|AUS, Canberra
i tried it but found that the new rifle still own it.

there is a sharp spike in my stats graph that i can put down to the new rifle.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6735|Singapore
I found that the new sniper doesnt deliver enough damage.
Impaqt
+37|6639|Chicago, Il
Damage is the same between the l96 and M95 (And M24)  The M95 will go through Glass and will damage a Plane or Chopper.  The L96 does NOT penetrate glass and does no damage to a Plane or Chopper.  It has less bullet drop than the M95 and is a bit quiter.
MightyMet
+2|6680|Tacoma, WA

wtf.panda wrote:

Get yourself a Razer Diamondback plasma edition and all your troubles will be solved....

www.newegg.com has them

edit: and you have not been playing sniper long enough...I just started getting good at sniper at around 13 hours played time....maybe that was just me; or maybe it was just that before patch 1.2 it took skill to snipe.
I'm kind of a logitech fan myself but I will take a look at that one.  And I get all my stuff from www.newegg.com.  They rock in case anyone is looking for a good place to by your computer stuff from.

Well, that could be it as well.  I did seem to get many more hits when 1.2 came out though and then suddenly when 1.21 came into play I was actually back to 1.12 type numbers.  I figured it was due to the decrease in bullet drop in 1.20.  Though I am quite new to the game in general though I do my best to avoid doing noobish things. 
MightyMet
+2|6680|Tacoma, WA
Thanks for all the other advice and ideas by the way.  Especially the practice and training tips.  I'm going to experiment with some different things this week.

This is a little off subject but when I look for a server it's rare for me to find one below 100 pings though usually when I'm in games I'm showing under 100 when I check it.  I use Qwest DSL with 3-5 Mbps.  I have always been told DSL is better for gaming partly because of the much higher upload speeds as opposed to cable.  Is that really true these days?  Which is better Cable or DSL for gaming?  I did use Search but didn't really come up with anything.
The Buzz
Hired to kill... you... and you...and you
+8|6732|Québec, Canada
No difference, I am getting headshots as before... and lovin it
Impaqt
+37|6639|Chicago, Il
Cable Upload speeds are just as fast if not faster than DSL now.

But seriusly..   the amount you can transfer is academic.  Your just spitting back small blocks of information back and forth.  Nothing huge.  the speed at getting thaqt info back and forth is important (Thats Ping....)
MightyMet
+2|6680|Tacoma, WA

Impaqt wrote:

Cable Upload speeds are just as fast if not faster than DSL now.

But seriusly..   the amount you can transfer is academic.  Your just spitting back small blocks of information back and forth.  Nothing huge.  the speed at getting thaqt info back and forth is important (Thats Ping....)
So would you say that cable is better or are they really about the same these days?

Since I'm running on the lower end of the requirements for BF2 does that have an effect on ping?  (Planning a major upgrade soon.)  Sorry for all the computer noobish questions.  I appreciate the assistance.
joker8baller
+68|6668
I have the mx518 which is seriously sick seeing that I can adjust sensitivity on the fly. Nowdays I can't hit anything w/ the m95 because I prefer the l96a1... which by far seems to be a superior weapon for me.. Cable is good, but I keep getting Connection Problem with the new patch... A lot of people are too. Umm, sniper is the best weapon for me, always have been in any game.... It's all about getting into that "mind-set"
Impaqt
+37|6639|Chicago, Il
Your PC has nothing todo with your Ping.

In My area, Cable is better, in some areas its DSL.    DOesnt matter much unless your downloading a lot of large files.
Inquatitis
+1|6640
well, yesterday was a good time to test out the sniper rifles.
Gulf of Oman.
i was using the L96 and the guy i was hunting was using the M95.

now it goes down to concealment as well and the fact that both commanders loved spotting us for the others pleasure i have to say the L96 is better then the M95.
simple reason is the fact that its much easier to aim for headshots then the M95 at longer ranges.
plus even if you miss and get a body shot you can still reload faster then the M95.

but use what you are comfortable playing with.
Aphex_D
I live for the 306
+26|6643|Uk

Impaqt wrote:

Damage is the same between the l96 and M95 (And M24)  The M95 will go through Glass and will damage a Plane or Chopper.  The L96 does NOT penetrate glass and does no damage to a Plane or Chopper.  It has less bullet drop than the M95 and is a bit quiter.
not true, ive shot at heli\'s when they were smoking and made them burst into flames with the l96a1, it might not do a terrible amount but it still hurts.
Impaqt
+37|6639|Chicago, Il
Once a Heli is smoking its going to continue loosing "Health" until it explodes.   You can hit it with a pistol at that point and get the kill if your the last person to register a hit. 

A M95 round will knock 2 bars off a heli health bar.  THe L96 didnt knock any bars off.  so if it is actually doing damage its less than 1 bar.
sparklet
Banned
+34|6749|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!

Impaqt wrote:

I use a MX510, but will be upgrading toa G5 soon. 

Personally, I cant stand Wireless mice....   I've heard a lot of people can do just fine with em though....

i have 1 wat a waste of bateries
coldfyre99
+-2|6629
I have noticed a difference with the M95 since the patch came out.  I have had fairly easy shots that have not even registered as a hit at all.
nelson496
+3|6786
weird, for me, I hit people more accurately with the m95 post 1.2
coldfyre99
+-2|6629
It is not the accuracy, it is the fact that there is really no way that anyone could miss at the short distance, with a non moving target, and the hit does not register at all.
MightyMet
+2|6680|Tacoma, WA
Well, at least it sounds like some people othe then me are noticing a difference.  Maybe I am not in fact totally crazy. 

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard