Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6286|eng

Nihil wrote:

Seems to me that the "ceiling" on skill in BF2 is not that high. Once you have learned how to shoot, the only thing that distinguishes pro from average players is reg, and every frag movie I see (of which 90% are near identical) just reaffirms this belief.

But hey, who cares, the game is insanely good fun no matter what your hitreg is like. And we only play for fun anyway, amirite?
Sorry, wrong.

There are so many other things that define a player.

His team mates, movement, teamwork ability etc I could go on and on.
#rekt
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6132|Scotland!

Nihil wrote:

Seems to me that the "ceiling" on skill in BF2 is not that high. Once you have learned how to shoot, the only thing that distinguishes pro from average players is reg, and every frag movie I see (of which 90% are near identical) just reaffirms this belief.

But hey, who cares, the game is insanely good fun no matter what your hitreg is like. And we only play for fun anyway, amirite?
You're so wrong.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6647|I smell corners

blacklupus wrote:

how can you play in your countries national team and make a BF2 fragmovie with crosshair...?

looks kinda stupid.
noob
Nihil
+15|5805|Malaga, Spain

Mint Sauce wrote:

Nihil wrote:

Sorry, wrong.

Well okay, I exaggerated a little, although crouch-spamming and bunnyhopping are within the capacity of all but the most crappy players, as are medkit, revive and ammo spamming. As for team mates, getting revived a lot obviously helps, but how does that qualify as skill?

The things that mark an effective infantry player are experience and judgement, not skill. The ones who really do well are the guys who understand the map and the flow of the battle and know where the enemy are going to go next. All the other things can be learned in a few minutes and perfected in a few hours.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6286|eng

Nihil wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Nihil wrote:

Sorry, wrong.

Well okay, I exaggerated a little, although crouch-spamming and bunnyhopping are within the capacity of all but the most crappy players, as are medkit, revive and ammo spamming. As for team mates, getting revived a lot obviously helps, but how does that qualify as skill?

The things that mark an effective infantry player are experience and judgement, not skill. The ones who really do well are the guys who understand the map and the flow of the battle and know where the enemy are going to go next. All the other things can be learned in a few minutes and perfected in a few hours.
No matter how good you are, if you run to where all the enemies are, you will die.
#rekt
JAyThaRevo
+31|6286|Austria
weeeelllll edited movie, srsly

but skill meh, no doubt that france is a very strong country
but their reg is insane.... :'(
Moist.Niek
+11|5984

ZeqTr wrote:

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

I love the fact that even if you're a good shot you've somehow got to apologise for having good reg...  Yeah it's frustrating to see someone with awesome reg, but it doesn't really detract from the skill they have IMO.  Just enjoy the video and pray for a better internet connection.
have you ever played in a clan?
Have you ever had skill in BF2 Inf?
ZeqTr
I BELIEVE I CAN FLY....
+121|6200
lol, is there any skill? you just need reg
Moist.Niek
+11|5984
shh your from scandinavia.
If you whine about hitreg no one will take you serious
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6286|eng

Moist.Niek wrote:

shh your from scandinavia.
If you whine about hitreg no one will take you serious
says you who complains about reg with a ping of 9.
#rekt
Moist.Niek
+11|5984
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ping doesnt equal reg, only games where ping matters are Halo and CS:S
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Moist.Niek wrote:

Uhm yes?

The higher your ping is, the longer it takes for the server to send or receive info to or from your computer, and therefore your hit registration will suffer.

Try playing a round of single player, every single bullet you fire go just where you want them to, since your ping is 0.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6286|eng

Sydney wrote:

Moist.Niek wrote:

Uhm yes?

The higher your ping is, the longer it takes for the server to send or receive info to or from your computer, and therefore your hit registration will suffer.

Try playing a round of single player, every single bullet you fire go just where you want them to, since your ping is 0.
I would have said this, but in a ruder fashion.

Your hitreg is going to be better when you have a ping of 9 than when it is fluctuating between 60 and 70 like mine was >.>
#rekt
Simon
basically
+838|6657|UK
Not enough flames in this thread for my liking. The BF2 section has a quota to meet people!
Moist.Niek
+11|5984
BF2 was designed for people with 100 ping.
Do I need to draw a picture?
TunaMan
Mouse-Pilot
+29|5783|Israel

Moist.Niek wrote:

lol. Please do, I'd like to see that.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5788|Catherine Black

Simon wrote:

Not enough flames in this thread for my liking. The BF2 section has a quota to meet people!
You're a fuck.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6141

Moist.Niek wrote:

lol.. any time I used to play on US east coast servers with ~120 ping, I couldn't hit shit.  I can hit plenty with 25 ping, though.  BF2's hitreg is fucking balls at times, but are you seriously suggesting you'll get better reg with 100 ping compared to 0 ping?
HaawwK
+31|5985|Bolton

Moist.Niek wrote:

retard bf2 is pretty much the only game were ping matters, in other games i only notice it if its above 100...
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6286|eng

HaawwK wrote:

Moist.Niek wrote:

retard bf2 is pretty much the only game were ping matters, in other games i only notice it if its above 100...
LoL why waste 3 years of your life playing a "retard" game?

But yeah, you have a point. On CoD4, ping seems to make no difference
#rekt
Moist.Niek
+11|5984

HaawwK wrote:

Moist.Niek wrote:

it´s not, but with aimbot you hardly notice it yeah.

Last edited by Moist.Niek (2008-12-14 07:03:32)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6286|eng

Moist.Niek wrote:

HaawwK wrote:

Moist.Niek wrote:

it´s not, but with aimbot you hardly notice it yeah.
Yeah because he had an aimbot for his entire BF2 career.

hurr
#rekt
Hakei
Banned
+295|5995

Moist.Niek wrote:

Idiot.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6286|eng

Hakei wrote:

Moist.Niek wrote:

Idiot.
He's like 12, forgive him.
#rekt
HaawwK
+31|5985|Bolton

Mint Sauce wrote:

HaawwK wrote:

Moist.Niek wrote:

LoL why waste 3 years of your life playing a "retard" game?

But yeah, you have a point. On CoD4, ping seems to make no difference
i was calling him a retard not the game

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard