SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6113|Birmingham, UK
Didn't say why they were selling?
Kez
+778|5709|London, UK

SEREVENT wrote:

Sources told BBC Sport the team were "optimistic" they would continue, but no investor had yet been found.

However, according to the Reuters news agency, team bosses Ross Brawn and Nick Fry fear Honda could close the team within weeks.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6113|Birmingham, UK

Kptk92 wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

Sources told BBC Sport the team were "optimistic" they would continue, but no investor had yet been found.

However, according to the Reuters news agency, team bosses Ross Brawn and Nick Fry fear Honda could close the team within weeks.
My mistake.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6744|The Hague, Netherlands

Billions pumped into their team, and what did they get?

can't say I'm surprised of them pulling out.

most likely the future for the other low-medium teams if the FIA doesn't make it more even.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6588|MANCHESTERRR
its not surprising given their form over the past few seasons but its so sad considering how long they have been in the sport.

i dont understand how a team with so much money could under achieve like they have been doing.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6571|England

Not surprising considering what they are doing for the workforce at the local Swindon factory.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6499|N. Ireland
Honda were one of the few teams that managed to give other teams benefit instead of their own! Remember winglets? On the Honda car first. Sad to see a great team go, the power of dreams wasn't enough anymore.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6738|St. Andrews / Oslo

Damn, that sucks And they were looking pretty good for the '09 season as well.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Kez
+778|5709|London, UK

Adam Parsons, BBC sports correspondant wrote:

I am told that for £1 you can now buy the Honda F1 team
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6555|UK

Jenspm wrote:

Yeah, as far as am aware they had spent the longest time working on that 09 car, because the 08 was so horrible they simply gave up on it after like three races........

It is odd though.  They have a budget not far off Ferrari (I think).  I hope they stay on though and get Senna in, thats a huge potential marketing system for them and I'd like to see him take on Hamilton and the Ferraris.  And BMW for that matter.

Really looking forward to this year   Plenty of good teams and drivers.
Jenspm
penis

Bell wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Yeah, as far as am aware they had spent the longest time working on that 09 car, because the 08 was so horrible they simply gave up on it after like three races........

It is odd though.  They have a budget not far off Ferrari (I think).  I hope they stay on though and get Senna in, thats a huge potential marketing system for them and I'd like to see him take on Hamilton and the Ferraris.  And BMW for that matter.

Really looking forward to this year   Plenty of good teams and drivers.
Indeed, it looks like there could be 4 teams competing for the top spot of the podiums this year

Last edited by Jenspm (2008-12-04 15:06:07)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6499|N. Ireland

Kptk92 wrote:

Buying it, even for £1, takes on the debt that the company has also. So I wouldn't recommend the investment for you Kerry
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6459|The Twilight Zone
Buy it for 1£ sell it for 2£. Profit. Free lunch.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Jenspm
penis

kylef wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

Buying it, even for £1, takes on the debt that the company has also. So I wouldn't recommend the investment for you Kerry
shh
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6579
Well now...
hehe

This...perhaps...gives Toro Roso and Red Bull some nice (potential) driver choices.

Dragging thier collective feet on a line-up for next year may pay off.  We may soon know.

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6499|N. Ireland
Benzin
+576|6004
Toyota probably has a bigger budget than Honda and look how Toyota does in F1 ... A LOT WORSE. Budget isn't everything, it's who you can recruit to drive for you. I am sure the Honda cars are just as good as the Ferrari and McLaren cars in a lot of ways, but their talent behind the wheel just isn't there.

There is an old saying in racing that I picked up when I raced autocross a few years ago: The best investment you can make to improve times on a track is to improve the driver in the car.

Last edited by CapnNismo (2008-12-05 03:42:37)

Rosse_modest
+76|6781|Antwerp, Flanders

SEREVENT wrote:

Not that hard to figure out is it? What's more sensible in the current economical climate? Pissing away money on F1 (which has become a very uninteresting motor sport imo and in which they haven't been doing too well lately) or using that money to protect their company?
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6555|UK

CapnNismo wrote:

I am sure the Honda cars are just as good as the Ferrari and McLaren cars in a lot of ways
There not.  The honda, pretty much eat's it's tyres and so the drivers have to back off in order to preserve them till the pitt stops.  By the time they get fresh rubber on, they generally end up in amoung traffic so cant really put down a hot lap where as hamilton etc are usually well spread out by then and have a clear(ish) run.

I also think that any talented technicians etc, are head hunted by other teams and despite the prestige that goes along with F1 as a whole, saing you work for Ferrari/McClaren > Honda.

I want to know what's happening with there 09 car though.  I mean they will already of spent most of the money, and the car should be pretty much ready, atleast for testing by now.  Perhaps it was, and what they where pinning there hopes on failed.

Martyn
Benzin
+576|6004
Ahh, really? Didn't know that, thanks Bell.

I think it's eventually going to go the way of standardized cars for each team with only a few modifications allowed. I would be willing to bet that in 5 years, that's where F1 will be. That, or regulating the budgets of the teams and restricting them to a season limit and then the team has to figure out where to spend the money. That would be interesting ... perhaps even a salary cap on the drivers themselves.

Last edited by CapnNismo (2008-12-05 07:51:58)

pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6588|MANCHESTERRR

CapnNismo wrote:

Toyota probably has a bigger budget than Honda and look how Toyota does in F1 ... A LOT WORSE. Budget isn't everything, it's who you can recruit to drive for you. I am sure the Honda cars are just as good as the Ferrari and McLaren cars in a lot of ways, but their talent behind the wheel just isn't there.

There is an old saying in racing that I picked up when I raced autocross a few years ago: The best investment you can make to improve times on a track is to improve the driver in the car.
Toyota doesnt do worse than honda and its is arguable that Honda have had the better driving talent. Button and Barrichello vs Trulli and Glock?

CONSTRUCTOR TEAM     POINTS
1. Ferrari    172
2. McLaren Mercedes    151
3. BMW Sauber    135
4. Renault    80
5. Toyota    56
6. Scuderia Toro Rosso    39
7. Red Bull Racing    29
8. Williams    26
9. Honda Racing    14

last seasons standings

Last edited by pers0nah (2008-12-05 08:35:08)

Kez
+778|5709|London, UK

pers0nah wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Toyota doesnt do worse than honda and its is arguable that Honda have had the better driving talent. Button and Barrichello vs Trulli and Glock?

1. Ferrari    172
3. BMW Sauber    135
4. Renault    80
5. Toyota    56
7. Red Bull Racing    29
8. Williams    26
9. Honda Racing    14

last seasons standings
10. Force India 0
11. Super Aguri 0
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6588|MANCHESTERRR

Kptk92 wrote:

pers0nah wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

1. Ferrari    172
3. BMW Sauber    135
4. Renault    80
5. Toyota    56
7. Red Bull Racing    29
8. Williams    26
9. Honda Racing    14

last seasons standings
10. Force India 0
11. Super Aguri 0
haha it didnt show those on ITV F1

Honda were full justified in pulling out its just a terrible shame they did. Obviously couldnt get the development together which i find hard with the budget that they have. I do not believe their problems lay in the drivers.
Kez
+778|5709|London, UK
Honda is up for sale though, so its not over yet

Hows about it guys? I'll chip in the £1 to buy the team and convert it into team BF2s.com. We'll have Bell as our first driver, Jens as our second driver and kylef as our test driver?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard