NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6311|Atlanta, Georgia
Alright, i gotta write a paper on who is to blame for John and Elizabeth Proctors death. Of course being the lazy american i am, i didn't read the book. I have a subtle idea on what happened. Do you guys have a short synopsis you who is to blame? Just anything to give me an idea of what i'm doing.

On an unrelated note. When something causes something to happen, is it a side affect or side effect?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
Read the book, you can always tell when someone blags an essay with no actual textual familiarity, based only on essay-websites/study-guides.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it

Uzique wrote:

Read the book, you can always tell when someone blags an essay with no actual textual familiarity, based only on essay-websites/study-guides.
I have an indescribable trait where i can do anything at the last minute with no knowledge of anything and still write the greatest paper in the class
Qrite
sup g
+79|6144|Ohio
John hangs.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6490|Austin, Texas

NeXuS wrote:

Alright, i gotta write a paper on who is to blame for John and Elizabeth Proctors death. Of course being the lazy american i am, i didn't read the book. I have a subtle idea on what happened. Do you guys have a short synopsis you who is to blame? Just anything to give me an idea of what i'm doing.

On an unrelated note. When something causes something to happen, is it a side affect or side effect?
Side effect.

also, Sparknotes. Or Cliff('s?)notes.

also, I can do fine with a summary and write a complete paper. It depends on the complexity of the question presented in the paper and the BS-ability of the writer, though.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5934|London, England

Those crazy girls, I hated them so much they were such bitches and liars
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Brasso
+1,549|6600

effect
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5934|London, England

15 minutes late
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Dude, Elizabeth Proctor doesn't did in the end.

Just pointing that out, ya' know.

And FYI it wasn't one person that got him pwnd, there were a ton of people who were fuckin' up.
Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5750|Central Texas
They were all retards, that book/movie shows why religion is stupid.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

I read that book. I can't remember anything. Must have had a real deep effect on me
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Reciprocity
+721|6550|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Abigail Williams.  little bitch.

The play was written in the 50's as an allegory to all the HUAC bullshit going on.  Fear driven culture, reactionism, these things lead to hangings and blacklisting.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
Alright After 5 minutes of work i got this. It's not perfect seeing how i didn't read the book. It's just alot of text that would butter up the teacher. The guy is a coach so you know how they grade. So i'm not going for perfection.

Code:

Who was to blame for John's death and Elizabeth's imprisonment? Really this can go either way.  
If you think about it, the whole town could be blamed for John's death. Everyone has had an effect on 
the situation that John and Elizabeth are in. On the contrary no one could be blamed.

First and foremost, It was Johns fault. that. He is the one that had an affair with Abigal Williams.
 He knew the consequences and he went forth with what he did. He opposes the expenditures of Reverend Parris
 in the church and that cause's him to be cassed out as a witch. So he is tried as a witch. He does not want
 to tarnish his family name so he does not admit that he is a witch. Abigal tries to reintice his love for 
her, but she can't because she blamed Elizabeth for witchcraft. This is what she says to him, 
"I cannot sleep for dreamin'; I cannot dream but I wake and walk about the house as though I'd find you 
comin' through some door" Abigal to John Page Act 1 (Page 23)

Another reason for Elizabeths and Johns demise is the entire town. Everyone had their flaws. No one was
 perfect. They all had the input and it resulted in death. Abigal blamed Elizabeth for witch craft. The other
 girls in the forest blamed other people and those people blamed more people. It was a never ending struggle.
 Danforth is especially to blame. He has no proof that John and Elizabeth did anything wrong. This is a quote
 from him. "This is a sharp time, now, a precise time-we live no longer in the dusky afternoon when evil mixed
 itself with good and befuddled the world.  Now, by God's grace, the shining sun is up, and them that fear not
 light will surely praise it. Danforth to Francis Nurse. He is completely convinced by the girls and believes
 that the court is doing the work of God.  Act III (Page  94)

Abigal would be the obvious one to blame here. She has had the most crucial and most important roll in 
John's and Elizabeth's demise. Elizabeth was found to be a witch by Abigal. Everyone beleived her. She admitted
 to be a witch just to live, but her name and image was tainted. John however did not want to suffer the same 
fate. He would rather die than have his name tarnished. So in the end Elizabeth was casted away into prison 
and John was hung. So therfore Abigal had the biggest role in their deaths.

In the end, the blame cannot be placed on one person. Although Abigal did have the biggest role.
 The reverend, John, Elizebeth, Danforth and everyone in the town had a part. But in the end you cannot
 blame your actions on other people. What John did was wrong and the church saw it that way. She in the 
end it was mostly his fault. Elizabeth was wrongly accused and had no role in her death. So in a way she
 was cheated in life.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6735|Cambridge (UK)
It was Professor Plum, in the Dinning Room, with The Candlestick.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

It was Professor Plum, in the Dinning Room, with The Candlestick.
Lies
Qrite
sup g
+79|6144|Ohio

NeXuS wrote:

Alright After 5 minutes of work i got this. It's not perfect seeing how i didn't read the book. It's just alot of text that would butter up the teacher. The guy is a coach so you know how they grade. So i'm not going for perfection.

Code:

Who was to blame for John's death and Elizabeth's imprisonment? Really this can go either way.  
If you think about it, the whole town could be blamed for John's death. Everyone has had an effect on 
the situation that John and Elizabeth are in. On the contrary no one could be blamed.

First and foremost, It was Johns fault. that. He is the one that had an affair with Abigal Williams.
 He knew the consequences and he went forth with what he did. He opposes the expenditures of Reverend Parris
 in the church and that cause's him to be cassed out as a witch. So he is tried as a witch. He does not want
 to tarnish his family name so he does not admit that he is a witch. Abigal tries to reintice his love for 
her, but she can't because she blamed Elizabeth for witchcraft. This is what she says to him, 
"I cannot sleep for dreamin'; I cannot dream but I wake and walk about the house as though I'd find you 
comin' through some door" Abigal to John Page Act 1 (Page 23)

Another reason for Elizabeths and Johns demise is the entire town. Everyone had their flaws. No one was
 perfect. They all had the input and it resulted in death. Abigal blamed Elizabeth for witch craft. The other
 girls in the forest blamed other people and those people blamed more people. It was a never ending struggle.
 Danforth is especially to blame. He has no proof that John and Elizabeth did anything wrong. This is a quote
 from him. "This is a sharp time, now, a precise time-we live no longer in the dusky afternoon when evil mixed
 itself with good and befuddled the world.  Now, by God's grace, the shining sun is up, and them that fear not
 light will surely praise it. Danforth to Francis Nurse. He is completely convinced by the girls and believes
 that the court is doing the work of God.  Act III (Page  94)

Abigal would be the obvious one to blame here. She has had the most crucial and most important roll in 
John's and Elizabeth's demise. Elizabeth was found to be a witch by Abigal. Everyone beleived her. She admitted
 to be a witch just to live, but her name and image was tainted. John however did not want to suffer the same 
fate. He would rather die than have his name tarnished. So in the end Elizabeth was casted away into prison 
and John was hung. So therfore Abigal had the biggest role in their deaths.

In the end, the blame cannot be placed on one person. Although Abigal did have the biggest role.
 The reverend, John, Elizebeth, Danforth and everyone in the town had a part. But in the end you cannot
 blame your actions on other people. What John did was wrong and the church saw it that way. She in the 
end it was mostly his fault. Elizabeth was wrongly accused and had no role in her death. So in a way she
 was cheated in life.
the affair was what put john in prison.  not because of the affair itself , but because john admitted to the affair and abigail lied . elizabeth was taken in to tell the truth because john said she never lies, she told that one lie because she thought that abigail announced the leachery.  Elizabeth says he didnt have it so John is accused of lying by the court
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

Mate, find the movie on imdb and read the synopsis. It should help. lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6540|USA
argue it was john's fault. all he had to do was say he was a goddamn witch and they'd be saved.
Qrite
sup g
+79|6144|Ohio

Ender2309 wrote:

argue it was john's fault. all he had to do was say he was a goddamn witch and they'd be saved.
just say that john could have stopped it from the beginning but didnt. say that his being noble contributed to his downfall because he saved the good names of others instead of ruining them by telling a lie to save himself.  also say that he didnt go to church on sundays but instead plowed his fields and also did not get his son baptized because of his hate for rev. parriss
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Proctor?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/14/Lance_Kinsey.jpg/300px-Lance_Kinsey.jpg
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

NeXuS wrote:

Uzique wrote:

I have an indescribable trait where i can do anything at the last minute with no knowledge of anything and still write the greatest paper in the class
You must be in one dumb fucking class.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6634|NT, like Mick Dundee

NeXuS wrote:

Code:

NeXuS essay...
What grade are you in? The conclusion is pretty weak and you'd best read over it as I spottedd a few mistakes skimming.

Next, if it affects your yearly grade you should have gone all out with this one. The Crucible is basically a 'gift' text. Teachers here in the NT assign it for Yr. 12 classes because it's so easy to work with and so easy to dig marks out of.

Lastly, it's a play script, not a novel.

I used to have a 2000 word essay that answered that question quite well. Pity the HD it's on is in a computer 700km away and the PSU in it is fucked.

Last edited by Flecco (2008-12-04 23:44:55)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
TrueMusou
+36|6130|United States Of Hamerica
Crucible was a shit book. Burn it.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6605|South Jersey

TrueMusou wrote:

Crucible was a shit book. Burn it.
witch
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5906
Errr what does this have to do with "The Crucible"?

Sorry for being ignorant, but when I think of it I think of the U.S.M.C. test to become a Marine.  Man I'm not looking foward to that...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard