Chowley
+1|6694|Ireland
The PP-19 is far superior to the P90 . I do like the red dot scope on it though .
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6698|Tampa Bay Florida

k9transfer wrote:

This is off topic from the P90, but does anyone else think the M95 is way underpowered.  Having seen this gun in action personally, if you shot an infantryman once with it, it would do MASSIVE damage.  I know this is unrealistic for the game, maybe they could have it shoot through more items such as walls and what not.  The M95 will penetrate most walls and some armor.  I would like to see this incorporated instead of just shooting through cockpit glass.  Just an opinion, anyone else?
Making the M95 a 1-shot kill weapon would completely fry the game (in other words, ruin it) there would be no reason for anyone else to choose any other kit or weapon.

Cbass - the p90 is cool, but I'd go with the L96A1 first.  Remeber, you get 2 unlocks everytime you get a rank (if you have SF)
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6843|Deutschland/Germany
Hmmm......the P90.......just.....sucks.
Nothing else to say.
k9transfer
+22|6666
Cbass, having both unlocks, I highly suggest the L96.  I do like the P90, but the L96 is just so damn accurate!
tF-afrojap
+124|6855|SF
There's something about pumping 3 DAO shots into a guys face.. I don't know, maybe it's the sound. My AT life is not complete without it.
jjrp02
+18|6655|Baton Rouge, LA, USA
I ONLY use the P-90 because me and shotguns just don't get along

and the basic PDW's for AT kit are not any more accurate, and have a smaller clip...

so I do use the P-90, but only in the presence of a large # of enemies
[MAA]MI2
+3|6781
I will always stick with the DAO 12 for CQB like you get in Karkand, but for my other favorite map (Wake) I much prefer the flexibility offered in terms of range by the P90. Its best utilized in semi or short bursts at med-long range (use this thing on full auto in any situation except 3-4 feet away and you are f*cked.)
mauirixxx
+1|6684|Kihei, Maui (hawaii yo!)
L96A1 all the way - hell even standing that gun is way accurate ... mashtuur city + L96A1 and lots of rooftops = good sniper fun. I love shooting people out of the gunner seats as they try to capture a flag
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

I still like the MP7 better than any other gun.
CackNBallz
+45|6751|Toronto, Canada
I like the MP7 for the engineer over all the submachine guns.  Looks great, sounds cool, and a  big clip just compounds the awesomeness of this gun.  I have beaten many PKM gunners just by jumping towards them and then circle strafing them.  They cannot keep up with you and you just emptied almost half a clip into them before they're dead.  Less than a second.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6722|US
Personally, I like the MP5 (and PP-19) more than the P90.  The P90's rate of fire is so slow.  I would rather have 5-20 fewer bullets if I can deliver enough of them to stay alive.  I prefer the higher rate of fire and accuracy over shotguns.  BUT...Fact: the DAO-12 dominates CQB if used correctly.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6782|Noizyland

Hmm, interesting and varied points. Super. This may be one of the more civilised threads on this forum, with people disagreeing, but not getting all shit-faced.

And yeah, I preferr the P-90 over the DAO-12 for two reasons.

1) Me and the DAO-12 have never got along, wether I be behind it or infront of it, i just have a grudge against it. My most recent, (serious account,) unlock.

2) I like keeping a decent accuracy, which shotguns don't deliver. I wouldn't say that I'm anti-shotguns, I mean, who dosn't love slamming a guy in the stomach with one of the pump-action shotties?

Also, some people mentioned the MP7. Sweet little gun. Going to be one of my next two unlocks, which I will get when I get promoted to First Sergeant in a few days.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6752|St. Paul, MN
I do not like the P90, it's rate of fire is a disgrace to the gun's name. it should be 900 instead of 400
a_n00bt00b
+0|6664
The P90 kills with two shots to the head, you got to love caping those guys trying to cap the square from the hotel. The laser point scope really helps.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6782|Noizyland

A recent new post on the P90 brought up this factoid that I don't think has been metioned so far.

A sub machinegun is a machinegun that uses pistol ammo.

It's that simple. For those who find the pistol more powerful, no. It's exactly the same and that is how sub machineguns are meant to work.

By the way I still notice that the P90 dosn't have a proper Wiki entry. Coolbeano or GotMex or any of the other Wiki-related guys, if you're bothered, (or not,) you can copy/paste some of what I wrote in the first post there if you want. Like I said I have a grudge against the DAO, and the P90 just isn't in an even compeition here yet.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6800

Kamikaze17 wrote:

i find that it is much easier to kill a person with a pistol at longer ranges than a p90. it does more damage and has a higher rate of fire. so for long ranges, i use pistol. and for close up the DAO is way better.
I just found this thread so don't knock me for lagging but to say that a pistol has a higher rate of fire is crazy talk.  The most crazy that I've seen here in a long time.

Pistols do not have a rate of fire, being semi-automatic.  You pull the trigger and only one bullet comes out, no matter how long you hold the trigger for.  I guess this could be equated to a ROF of 1 but in any case, it's meaningless.

As for the P90, I've not unlocked it so I've only used it on single player in the Euro maps.  Didn't like it much but then I don't like being on foot on the Euro maps either.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6680|Australia
I Ranked up 16000 pts ago and I had 1 unlock to go, i held onto it cause it was between the P90, MG36, and the MP7.

It was going to take a momentus decision, cause i never play unti-tank cause of the pisswaek guns, the original is soft6 as shit, and the dao12, at least to hit someone u have to be 1 foot away, but on monday I unlocked the P90.
I entered the game and prceeded to to get 16 kills as AT with a mixture of tank kills, and infantry kills. To have a competent infantry weapon has made me very happy.

Moral of the story...P90 is king.

Last edited by BF2Craglyeye (2006-04-20 05:57:34)

l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6845|Dundas, ONT, Canada
I've played lot of games. witch had P-90 and this gun rocked. I got exited that BF2 would intor duce this weapon to the game. Boy was I vere wrong. It's weak, un-accurat weapon and I hate it. On USMC team I use MP-5 or DOA. MEC PP-19. China DOA, even standart anti-tank weapon better than P-90.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6670|USA
I found where every sub-machine gun/machine gun in the game relys on 3-5 shot pulse fire for accuracy, the P90 is the only gun where I can aim and mash the fire button and level an opponent. It seems to be the only sub-machine gun that doesn't lose accuracy the more you press the trigger.
Digger1969
+3|6745|Toronto, Canada

Cbass wrote:

Cool i was wondering about the P90. i have an unlock coming in about 4000 points and i dunno what to get P90 or the L96A1 ?
My advice, don't waste the unlock on the P90....I did and regretted it ever since.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6689
It is the best submachine gun in the game. I can't deny that. I personaly find it more use full to use shotguns. and only the DAO with AT. You can an average of 4 guys per clip. (more or less) but with any smg 2 or 3 guys a clip is good. and in every 1v1 fire fight your pretty much the underdog (lower chance to survive) every time. there is a gun that is better at short range, medium and long range. With the shotgun you can easily kill two guys standing right next to each other in just 4 or 5 shots with the DAO. But it does depend what you like to use of course. You can get good at the P90.

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2006-04-20 08:45:26)

blacksheepcannibal
+24|6760
anybody worth their salt knows that AT should not be engaging enemy troops unless on the defensive. defensive = short range. short range DAO-12 > P90 *anyday*. Also, takes less time to aim with the DAO, just point in general direction.

The *only* advantage P90 has over DAO is range. Why fight at range? I dont know. Perhaps if you are confused, and think that AT should be killing infantry.

That being said, DAO-12 is stoopid powerful up close. within 10m its 2 shots for a kill 90% of the time. And the long reload is balanced by the sheer number of times you can reload it! pop around a corner, whack two guys that were comin to whack you, reload, and you did not just waste an entire magazine. it helps those that are prepared be more lethal in battle.

Do not get me wrong; the P90 is a fairly good weapon. However, in comparison to other assault type weapons (carbines, assault rifles, or even the LMGs) it is fairly weak.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6736|Honolulu, HI
Okay, just doing a little error-checking here, to make sure everyone's caught up.

First off, Tyferra, good work.  You might be interested to know that the most recent patch has remedied the sluggish rate of fire--it's been buffed to the real-world stat, 900 rpm, equal to the rest of the SMGs including the MP7.

I mentioned this in another older post but it didn't get much reaction there, so I will say it again.  The PP-19's accuracy is noticably better then the other AT SMGs.  To prove it, try this.  As a PLA or USMC anti-tank, start running around.  Pull out the pistol, and pull out the SMG.  Notice that for the China and US kits, both the pistol and the SMG have the same crosshair size.  Now, spawn as a MEC anti-tank and do the same thing.  Whoa--the crosshairs actually shrink when you switch to the SMG!  That means it's got a tighter group then the Type 85 and the MP5 and holds 50% more lead per magazine!  (For reference' sake, the P90 is equal to the MP5/Type 85 in terms of accuracy.)

Also, contrary to what you believe, the pistol and SMG do not have "the same" damage stat. All pistols = 20 damage, while all SMGs = 19 damage.  Seemingly insignificant, but enough to require one more bullet to kill.

Finally, a nitpicky point: Yes, an SMG is an automatic firearm that uses pistol ammo.  But the P90 and MP7 use proprietary non-9mm parabellum rounds not seen in any pistol I've ever heard of.  Thus the term PDW, or personal defense weapon, is usually applied to firearms like the MP7, rather than SMG.  Other SMGs most people are familiar with include the Uzi, the MAC-10 and 11, and the TEC-9.

Aside from that, a job well done!

(edit: accidentally called the Type 85 the "Type 95")

Last edited by [QXJZ]Capt_Kefra (2006-04-20 08:52:50)

Rizen_Ji
+41|6744|200m out and smiling at you.
The P90 is just great, I sympathize with you Tyferra, the whole shotgun thing and accuracy don't mix.

But about the comment on the two hits to the head, i think every gun other than sniper rifles is two hits to the head to kill.

As for the accuracy of the gun, it seems to me to be the only PDW that you can actually pull off decent shots in semi-auto mode. I find myself on maps lying down prone in the grass squeezing off 5-6 shots and killing someone.

Overall though I like this is a very informative thread.
ImaMedic
+1|6775|Where ever there's wounded
I tried the P-90 on my friend's account a little. The P-90 is an okay gun to me I like the dot scope and the 50 round mag. In close quarters, the gun falls pretty short with the lower rof than the other smgs. At medium ranges is where the gun does its best with the dot scope and rof coming into play. At long ranges, it seems to miss a lot but still semi-effective. All in all, the P-90 is like an automatic pistol with a dot scope.

so......

close quarters combat- DAO-12 all the way

Med-long ranges- P-90 works pretty well

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard