BlackKoala
+215|6296

phishman420 wrote:

BlackKoala wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Tbh I'd never get a car over 2.0 maybe upto 3.0 litres anyway. Unless I was super rich. Even if I had enough money to just buy the car, It would be pointless buying it unless you had the money to back it up petrol-wise. I know prices are getting cheaper these days, but the other main reason would be I'd hate having to go to a fucking petrol station every 5 seconds..
Add the 2 and 3 you mentioned together, and now we're talking.

Seriously, after driving my Friend's 03' SVT Cobra, nothing else can compare.  Having that much power under your right foot is fucking incredible.
'03 Z06 > '03 Cobra
Shut up IG, lol.

I know that, but I don't know of any 18 year olds with C5 Z06's.  But I do have a few with Mustangs, and they let me whip them around from time to time.  His SVT Cobra is pushing ~400 at the wheels, and driving a normal car after that is impossible.  lol
phishman420
Banned
+821|5652

BlackKoala wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

BlackKoala wrote:

Add the 2 and 3 you mentioned together, and now we're talking.

Seriously, after driving my Friend's 03' SVT Cobra, nothing else can compare.  Having that much power under your right foot is fucking incredible.
'03 Z06 > '03 Cobra
Shut up IG, lol.

I know that, but I don't know of any 18 year olds with C5 Z06's.  But I do have a few with Mustangs, and they let me whip them around from time to time.  His SVT Cobra is pushing ~400 at the wheels, and driving a normal car after that is impossible.  lol
Just messin' with ya, brah. My fuckin' 260 HP TL is a blast to drive, and it's not even rear-wheel drive. I guess anything is to drive after driving a Grand Cherokee for 6 years.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker

The#1Spot wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Hahahahahahahahahaahahahaha.

Corvette 1, GTR 0
GM in bankruptcy Nissan is not.
Perhaps you should notify the financial markets.  Even if GM closed its doors today, the Z06 and ZR1 are already on the streets.   

Corvette 1, GTR 0
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6520|UK

Are they dropping it on this supposed lighter ''V'' (I think) version?  If they do, I wonder if the lighter one will match the times the stock 08 car managed .

I saw one the other day, it isnt actually as ugly as I first thought, it grows on you.  It's really just the front thats GAWD AWFUL.  That and the engine note is a tad un inspiring.  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-----BOOOM- 20k please kthnxbai.

<3

Last edited by Bell (2008-11-28 16:57:27)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
Right, An F430 can do 4 yes, 4 LC starts before you need a new GB. The GTR, being able to withstand 20 starts, is amazing.

If you put the same engine in any one of your parents' cars, and did this, the drivetrain would fail within 1-2 starts. So get some fucking perspective.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
gatorlova
Guess who!
+17|5966
why are you guys comparing the zr1 to the gtr? its a fucking v8 to a fucking v6.

each car has their own class. and those two are not in the same
BlackKoala
+215|6296

gatorlova wrote:

why are you guys comparing the zr1 to the gtr? its a fucking v8 to a fucking v6.

And......what the fuck does the number of cylinders have anything to do with....anything? 

You don't compare cars based upon the number of cylinders, unless that's the point of your testing.  But that would be retarded.
Stingray24

Bell wrote:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-----BOOOM- 20k please kthnxbai.  <3
  +1
Stingray24

gatorlova wrote:

Many of the top car magazines are comparing the two cars among other competitors.  Hence, our discussion.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5652
Seriously. The whole reason the GTR was invented is because somebody had to step up and challenge the Z06 because it was (is) dominating all stock cars.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6193|Brisneyland
The GTR is still an swesome machine. Launch control takes its toll on all cars ( as FrTed said). It must be noted that the GTR is essentially the Base model, where the Z06 is the highly upspecced corvette. Considering how close the GTR is to the Z06 ( and Porsche), its a very impressive effort. Up spec models of the GTR will probably give the Corvette a run for its money.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

phishman420 wrote:

Seriously. The whole reason the GTR was invented is because somebody had to step up and challenge the Z06 because it was (is) dominating all stock cars.
I doubt that. No one buys Corvettes in Europe or Asia.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5652

Burwhale the Avenger wrote:

The GTR is still an swesome machine. Launch control takes its toll on all cars ( as FrTed said). It must be noted that the GTR is essentially the Base model, where the Z06 is the highly upspecced corvette. Considering how close the GTR is to the Z06 ( and Porsche), its a very impressive effort. Up spec models of the GTR will probably give the Corvette a run for its money.
Z06 is not highly "upspecced". The ZR1, yes.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

phishman420 wrote:

Burwhale the Avenger wrote:

Z06 is not highly "upspecced". The ZR1, yes.
Still looks shit
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
phishman420
Banned
+821|5652
You, sir, are and idiot.

https://www.ohgizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/naias08_corvette_zr1_03.jpg

Yes, please.

https://z.about.com/d/cars/1/0/3/4/1/ag_09gtr_front.jpg

GTFO.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

He isn't and idiot!

Corvettes are plasticy crap, not that I'm a fan of the new GTR. They should have stuck with the looks of the R34 Skyline.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5652
Plasticy crap? You're going to have to do better than that...
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

phishman420 wrote:

Plasticy crap? You're going to have to do better than that...
It's true. Interior sucks a wee bit too.

With cars it isnt about speed/lap-times etc, unless your in a pro league or something. Its about the car as a package
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Personally I think the GTR looks better than the Corvette. Corvette looks too much like it's trying to be a supercar/exotic car but it doesn't quite reach that level, whereas the GTR looks like a fast but still somewhat normal car, if you get me.

Infact, the GTR could be used much more as an everyday driveable car than the 'vette.

And the other reason, fucking hell, the Corvette ZR1 is a 6.1L V8 whilst the GTR has a 3.8L V6. Stop trying to compare the cars and talk about how the ZR1 is faster, no fucking shit. Jesus. Why don't you go pick on cars with engines like the ZR1 has, oh I know why, cos the competition in that class would cream it.

The fact of the matter is, the Corvette has a massive powerful engine and is more of a supercar and the fact that people compare it to the GTR only shows that the Corvette really isn't anything special considering what category people are putting it in.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

Mekstizzle wrote:

Personally I think the GTR looks better than the Corvette. Corvette looks too much like it's trying to be a supercar/exotic car but it doesn't quite reach that level, whereas the GTR looks like a fast but still somewhat normal car, if you get me.

Infact, the GTR could be used much more as an everyday driveable car than the 'vette.

And the other reason, fucking hell, the Corvette ZR1 is a 6.1L V8 whilst the GTR has a 3.8L V6. Stop trying to compare the cars and talk about how the ZR1 is faster, no fucking shit. Jesus. Why don't you go pick on cars with engines like the ZR1 has, oh I know why, cos the competition in that class would cream it.

The fact of the matter is, the Corvette has a massive powerful engine and is more of a supercar and the fact that people compare it to the GTR only shows that the Corvette really isn't anything special considering what category people are putting it in.
ye
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
phishman420
Banned
+821|5652

Mekstizzle wrote:

phishman420
Banned
+821|5652
For anyone to say that a Vette is not a supercar is pretty fucking ignorant. Go look at the facts, bro. The ZR1 shits on just about every car you can buy.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone

phishman420 wrote:

For anyone to say that a Vette is not a supercar is pretty fucking ignorant. Go look at the facts, bro. The ZR1 shits on just about every car you can buy.
So basically you're saying .Sup is not ignorant.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Then why the fuck is it being compared to the GTR? Go compare it with the Bugatti Veyron and the Pagani Zonda etc.. instead of talking about how awesome it is because it can beat the GTR. And then you can talk about looks and times, and realise that the supercars it goes up against (or is supposed to go up against) are way nicer.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5652
Why are you asking me? I don't write publish the articles...

I agree that the interior isn't too special, but the pure sexiness of the exterior makes up for that IMO.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard