andyman99008
+3|6629|Ireland
Hello all,i was just wondering if it is possible to change what maps you play with in singleplayer and/or if you can change the map sizes!!...if it is poosible would you be able to tell me how please!!
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6747|Houston, TX
To the original poster - On single player, you cannot (to my knowledge) change the map size bigger than 16 player.  The map can be changed.  Once you select single player, the list of maps should be visible on the left side of your screen.  Look, click, and start game.

KJ
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6764
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

What does that mod do gblanco? An explination would be nice....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
andyman99008
+3|6629|Ireland
yeh well apart from wat i said..i was also wondering if you can play modded maps that u downloaded on singleplayer!!cus no servers seem to have the same as me!!
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6764

Flecco wrote:

What does that mod do gblanco? An explination would be nice....
This is the description of the mod.

"BF2SP64 is a modification for the full version of Battlefield 2 that will replace the original 16 player map sizes with the much larger 64 player map sizes. Including the additional Control Points, vehicles, & stationary weapon emplacement that the multiplayer 64 size maps have.

BF2SP64 also works great for Coop games in small Lan environments, so you and your friends can combat those bots. This is v1.03 of this Public Beta release for Battlefield 2 SP64 and includes a self-extracting automatic installer that also includes a restore option. ALL THIS & UNDER A MEG!"

I installed this mod and now the 16 maps for single player are now 64 maps.
Note: The title for the size of the maps remains 16, but, when you use it, the maps are 64.
I detected bugs in some maps, but, you can really enjoy most of them.
If you want the 64 size maps for practice, this mod is ok.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6657|Brisbane, Australia

can the maps be changed back to singleplayer, or the mod uninstalled?
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6642|Your moms bedroom
installed the patch.... how do i get it to run over lan? started lan game and no bots were there? .... this patch comes witn an uninstaller
Hansim
+1|6739
By default you can play only 16 player maps in singleplayer modus.

But there are some real geniuses over there:
http://hosted.planetbattlefield.gamespy … gleplayer/

You should 'bookmark' their forum, if you are interested in playing 64 maps with BF2 in singleplayer.

What i've done so far:
- Downloaded all vanilla 64 maps from the singleplayer forum.
- I made another folder (Levels_SP) in /mods/bf and /mods/xpack. In my BF2-installation the files for Special Forces are in that xpack-folder.
- Copied all stuff from the original folders of /mods/bf2/Levels to /mods/Levels_SP and of /mods/xpack/Levels to /mods/xpack/Levels_SP.
- Removed all *.md5 files in both Levels_SP folders. Doing that you will not face error messages like "different versions"-stuff, if you're going to play in coop-mode (LAN).
- Then i made 2 batch-files. One i placed in /mods/bf2 and one in /mods/xpack. Intention: For starting the 64 singleplayer maps the batches rename the original Levels-folders to Levels_org and the Levels_SP to Levels and vice versa. Also i "call" bf2.exe with the batches, so that after leaving the game the folders will be renamed to default names.
- Examples of the batches. DO NOT copy & paste them, since you might have a different folder structure. Use them as an example, you should get the clue :

For vanilla BF:

Code:

echo
cd \
cd C:\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2
ren Levels Levels_org
ren Levels_SP Levels
cd \
cd C:\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\
call BF2.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 800
cd \
cd C:\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2
ren Levels Levels_SP
ren Levels_org Levels
For Special Forces: (the batch is placed in /mods/xpack)

Code:

echo
cd \
cd C:\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\xpack
ren Levels Levels_org
ren Levels_SP Levels
cd \
cd C:\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\
call BF2.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/xpack +ignoreAsserts 1 +szx 1280 +szy 800
cd \
cd C:\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\xpack
ren Levels Levels_SP
ren Levels_org Levels
Then make two desktop links. The green icon for the Special Forces icon you'll get out of bf2xpack.ico (xpack folder).

Have fun!

For having more Bots:
- in /mods/bf and /mods/xpack are two AI folders. Make a copy of AIDefault.ai and rename it apropriate, e.g. AIDefault.ai.org.
- Then edit the AIDefault.ai and rewrite it to something like that:

Code:

echo *****************************************************************************************
echo AIDefault.ai ****************************************************************************
echo *****************************************************************************************

aiSettings.setNSides 2
aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

rem aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
rem aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 1
rem aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.4

rem To spawn more than 15 bots in SP, use the following lines instead of the three lines above.
rem Note that this is totaly unsupported, it will affect your system's performance 
rem and may even crash your game. That being said, you will most likely be able to run a lot
rem more bots than 15 on your system. 

rem Example for 32 bot game with expert bots

aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
sv.ticketRatio 1000
aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64
aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
aiSettings.setBotSkill 1.0

run BotNames.ai

aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 32

run AIPathFinding.ai

rem EOF
- You'll have a ticket ratio of 1000 and 64 bots (inclusive you and/or friends).

To play in a small home lan with your WIFE, LOL:
- First start on your PC a LAN-Server with a map. Which one is not important, just start a server. Just use the default settings.
- Wait until you can join on your machine.
- Go to your wife's PC.
- Start single-player. Click in the ingame browser on Multiplayer and actualize the server list.
- You will see your machine (PC) appear in that list
- Just mark it but DON'T join.
- Go to your PC again and with ESC leave the LAN-Server modus.
- Start then a regular singleplayer game of your choice.
- Join game and choose a team, kit etc.
- Go to your wife's PC and join the server STILL in the list
- Have fun

All my thanks go to the great guys of BFSP Forum. Without their skillz, time and passion the singleplayer modus od BF2 would more than suck.

Multiplayer ok - but during my hospital stay for some weeks i did not have internet and i was really glad to have their singleplayer maps on my notebook - great!

https://www.planetbattlefield.com/battlefieldsingleplayer/imgs/bf42p_link_468x60.gif
andyman99008
+3|6629|Ireland
Guys seriously dont install that mod!! after i had done it i regretted it there was no uninstall for it and i could not play on most of the servers!! ....THis resulted in a fresh install and repatching!! Dont do it!!
Hansim
+1|6739
If you install the maps of:
http://hosted.planetbattlefield.gamespy … gleplayer/
in the way or a quite similar way, i described above you will not have any problems with playing online!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard