LT.Victim
+1,175|6560|British Columbia, Canada
After being "Laid-off" from my current job because they are going down the shithole...

I need a new full time job till January, then turn into a Part time job when I go to school in January..

I don't want a minimum wage bullshit job. I'm 18 and I was making $14 an hour at my last job, I don't want anything less then like $11 or 12.. Minimum is $8 an hour here..

So.. Any recommendations?

I was thinking of just going back to my old job working as a cook in a kitchen.. Probably make like 12 an hour plus tips. I was good at it, but the job was really stressful.
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5845|one windy city
you can always manwhore 
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6194|Winland

bad-man wrote:

you can always manwhore 
That's like 100/h
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6399|dm_maidenhead
What was your last job?
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6191|Schofield Barracks
id go back to the cooking job.
mr.hrundi
Wurstwassereis
+68|6434|Germany
sell a kidney and a part of your lung. that should give you enough money till january.
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5845|one windy city

Freezer7Pro wrote:

bad-man wrote:

you can always manwhore 
That's like 100/h
freezer would know... i saw him on the corner few times...
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6194|Winland

bad-man wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

bad-man wrote:

you can always manwhore 
That's like 100/h
freezer would know... i saw him on the corner few times...
I tend to get around $120. And I'm nowhere near as much of a sexy beast as Victim.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
bennisboy
+829|6643|Poundland
sell your gf
I'll buy
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6739|FUCK UBISOFT

bennisboy wrote:

sell your gf
I'll buy
ebay tbh.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6153|Vancouver | Canada
I need one too..

I applied at EB Games and got an interview, but haven't heard anything since then..
LT.Victim

Peter wrote:

What was your last job?
Worked at a dealership...

Part Delivery.. Lot attendant.. Customer Server.. Pretty much everything.
LT.Victim

Miggle wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

sell your gf
I'll buy
ebay tbh.
Pffft.. I should just mooch off her.. Shes got money stacked in the bank.. /jealous
LT.Victim
So far.. I'm thinking of either.. Kitchen.. ( I know I would get hired due to the holiday rush ).. Or maybe work at Cosco, or Home Depot.. Something along that line..

I got fired like an hour ago.. gonna go out and drop off my resume to like 10 places and see where that gets me after I eat some lunch.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6256|B.C. Canada
Try labouring for a construction company. Its good money and good if you are only wanting to work till January. Also I am sure that most construction outfits take students on holidays to help out for some cash. Tough job though, will build you some muscle for sure. Thats what I did during the summers and winter holidays when I was in school. One summer of work got me a truck.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5929|CA
Try pimpin'.  However, I must warn you, it ain't easy.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6505
Work at a nice golf course.  or work in a restaurant (bus boy/kitchen boy...my friend gets 14$ an hour for being a bus boy with all the tips he gets)
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

GravyDan wrote:

Try pimpin'.  However, I must warn you, it ain't easy.
I got 99 problems but a bitch aint 1.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6676|In You Endo- Stoke

LT.Victim wrote:

So far.. I'm thinking of either.. Kitchen.. ( I know I would get hired due to the holiday rush ).. Or maybe work at Cosco, or Home Depot.. Something along that line..

I got fired like an hour ago.. gonna go out and drop off my resume to like 10 places and see where that gets me after I eat some lunch.
Go for home depot and you can fight escaped souls in your spare time.

Around christmas time there is loads of shitty jobs just need to find something that pays well.
Do you have to work split shifts at your kitchen job?
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6451|USA
Don't work in retail.. You'll end up trying to kill yourself like I did.

Last edited by elite.mafia (2008-11-25 15:53:40)

Lynx14
+41|5968
We're calling it "downsized" now.

Good luck finding a new job in america's job market at the moment.
LT.Victim

trex1210 wrote:

Try labouring for a construction company. Its good money and good if you are only wanting to work till January. Also I am sure that most construction outfits take students on holidays to help out for some cash. Tough job though, will build you some muscle for sure. Thats what I did during the summers and winter holidays when I was in school. One summer of work got me a truck.
Ya.. I was thinking doing of doing this.. Lots of people are hiring.

I dunno, I applied to Home Depot, see if they respond.. and if not.. I'll just look for a construction job..
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

deliver pizzas
Scratch[USA]
+105|6544
Why not Circuit City?
Volatile
+252|6701|Sextupling in Empire

Scratch[USA] wrote:

Why not Circuit City?
lol

Board footer