Skinnister
+43|6750|UK
Is it me or is it when you seem to get to first sargent and over people really go out of thier way to hunt you down and kill you thinking that if they can kill such a high ranked player it will make them feel better about themselves, now Im not the best player when it comes to hunting people and killing succesfuly or even a "noobtuber/vehical whore", I have this rank because im a team player, I heal,resupply and snipe to cover my team mates or our flags...just wanted to get the question off my mind nad get people's responce.

Ps. Flame away
DTAC
+9|6765
Hope so! :p More meat for the grinder!
Smiley
+1|6681|Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Hate it when ppl have high ranks like 2nd LT > that theyre actually pretty nub - e.g have no clue how to fly, tv guide, tank etc etc.
xaven
+25|6758|Berlin

Skinnister wrote:

Is it me or is it when you seem to get to first sargent and over people really go out of thier way to hunt you down and kill you thinking that if they can kill such a high ranked player it will make them feel better about themselves, now Im not the best player when it comes to hunting people and killing succesfuly or even a "noobtuber/vehical whore", I have this rank because im a team player, I heal,resupply and snipe to cover my team mates or our flags...just wanted to get the question off my mind nad get people's responce.

Ps. Flame away
I dont feel so. I often play with lower ranks and I dont feel hunted. I think most ppl dont look at the rank when you're facing them (at least I dont)... If they do, they are easy targets
PvtchieF73
+15|6734|Netherlands
yea true.. i never look at rank when in combart, ofcourse i do see them when i get in the same vehicle or walking behind them..
but otherwise.. not realy interesting...
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6763|The Hague, Netherlands

i look at that ugly face 1 second before i kill him, this makes your rambo instinct even better
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6645|the side hatch
for the most past i don't think it matters...however i certainly admit that when i seen a captain+ i try to knife them more that a normal fellow
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6775
i enjoy the hunt.

if someone gets annoyed at me cause i kill them many times in a round, and then start to think that "i am going to kill this guy cause he has a better rank and is kicking my butt", then i welcome it!

makes the game even more enjoyable for me to know that the reason this guy is hunting for me is because i have killed him many times.

but then if you have the higher rank, then you should be able to out-think, and out-skill the lower rank person. If they hunt you down and kill you, well then fair play to them.
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6869|Germany / Saxony
I enjoy it, when several members of the enemy team hunting me, and only me. But mostly I´ll kick their asses and they get more and more annoyed. Then they often accuse me of bad hacking and all I do is laugh rly hard at them...
For ppl, that may ask: Yes, I play to piss ppl off, and it´s great fun...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
-fe.lep-
+8|6727

Smiley wrote:

Hate it when ppl have high ranks like 2nd LT > that theyre actually pretty nub - e.g have no clue how to fly, tv guide, tank etc etc.
http://www.bf2player.com/index.php?page … show=award

I dunno how your stats are showing all the golds and medals when this is a list of your real stats.

Reported the fault anyways
bingobones
+6|6749|London, UK

Smiley wrote:

they might be infantry combat soldiers rather than vehicle soldiers?

u r a noob for saying something so stupid!
-fe.lep-
+8|6727

bingobones wrote:

Smiley wrote:

From what I can gather from another thread, smiley is a cheater who got his stats reset, thats why The bf2 player shows his real awards. Correct me if Im wrong smiley?

Last edited by -fe.lep- (2006-03-13 06:30:08)

Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6869|Germany / Saxony

-fe.lep- wrote:

bingobones wrote:

Smiley wrote:

From what I can gather from another thread, smiley is a cheater who got his stats reset, thats why The bf2 player shows his real awards. Correct me if Im wrong smiley?
Not cheater... hmmm... I´d call him some dirty sploiter...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Vin.Nivlason
+1|6758
Hey there.

I do not hunt out higher ranking guys.  But if they are in my sights, then I am going to give them what for.  I do enjoy killing these guys several times in a round though.  I use whatever my current weapon is at the time to kill the guys.

I have found that higher ranked players will bail from damaged vehicles faster, bunny-hop more (still see this going on??) or plain run away more than n00bs.  If they are in a air vehicle and you blast them, they will bail and splat on the ground rather than get shot down with the aircraft.  So I guess that when they get the higher rank they also get the manual "Discretion is the better part of valour."

What happens if you call the bunny-hopper (with a high rank) what they are?  They end up being an admin and they kick you from the server.
luckybaer
+10|6799| Going Feral
The only time I look at rank is when I try to join a squad.  Sometimes I assume that the high-ranking dude is going to have a clue and I can follow him around, score some points, and learn a lot.

Lots of times that has worked out, but on a few occasions, the higher ranking guy didn't have more of a clue than I did.
Chowley
+1|6710|Ireland

Vin.Nivlason wrote:

Hey there.

I do not hunt out higher ranking guys.  But if they are in my sights, then I am going to give them what for.  I do enjoy killing these guys several times in a round though.  I use whatever my current weapon is at the time to kill the guys.

I have found that higher ranked players will bail from damaged vehicles faster, bunny-hop more (still see this going on??) or plain run away more than n00bs.  If they are in a air vehicle and you blast them, they will bail and splat on the ground rather than get shot down with the aircraft.  So I guess that when they get the higher rank they also get the manual "Discretion is the better part of valour."

What happens if you call the bunny-hopper (with a high rank) what they are?  They end up being an admin and they kick you from the server.
They are probably stat obsessives. They bail from choppers and tanks before they blow to keep their KD ratio artificially high. Anyway so what if they bunnyhop, it keeps people alive, no need to get bitchy about it .
Chowley
+1|6710|Ireland

luckybaer wrote:

The only time I look at rank is when I try to join a squad.  Sometimes I assume that the high-ranking dude is going to have a clue and I can follow him around, score some points, and learn a lot.

Lots of times that has worked out, but on a few occasions, the higher ranking guy didn't have more of a clue than I did.
On the subject of intelligence and ranks when i try to cap a flag on my own i will often form a squad, the rare time someone joins and spawns on me at the flag its a high ranked player. I have never seen a low ranked player do it. It is rare for people to look through squads and see what the squad leader is doing before picking a squad, it would increase efficiency of teams a lot.
luckybaer
+10|6799| Going Feral

Chowley wrote:

luckybaer wrote:

On the subject of intelligence and ranks when i try to cap a flag on my own i will often form a squad, the rare time someone joins and spawns on me at the flag its a high ranked player. I have never seen a low ranked player do it. It is rare for people to look through squads and see what the squad leader is doing before picking a squad, it would increase efficiency of teams a lot.
When you suck like I do, you'll do anything to get that extra point.  I like to see where the squads are, and if I can score a point for spawning on the dude capping a flag, I'll do it!! 

I even spawn as engineer just to fix those assets!
Chowley
+1|6710|Ireland
Hehe. Ah people spawning as engineer to fix the assets I love those people. Not enough do it, its a bit of a pain to run off jump in a car and drive to the assets when commanding if im already busy. Commanders really appreciate it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard