bingobones
+6|6745|London, UK
guys,

has anyone else noticed something very strange with the shock-paddles after 1.21??? i havnt played medic in a while but they seem so strange now - MOST of the time i will revive someone and then try to revive someone else and they just do not work!
even when i have not just revived someone they seem pretty "shite"...

anyone else seeing this too?
luckybaer
+10|6795| Going Feral
The shock paddles are somehow tied to how many medic packs you've tossed out.  If you toss out all your medic bags, you have ZERO charges left on your defibs.  They need to recharge - just like you have to wait to toss out more medic packs after you've chucked three of them.

I believe the key number is 3.  You can chuck bags or do the defib in any combo that adds to 3.  After that, the medic needs to recharge.

There's nothing more exciting that running out to the injured guy, going prone with the defibs, and then waiting for a few seconds (seems like hours) for the darn things to be ready to go...
bingobones
+6|6745|London, UK
i understand what your saying however it seems to me that they have recharged normally, and i get in the correct postion to revive press the button, they then do their thing - but i am not actually reviving the dead person!

Last edited by bingobones (2006-03-13 08:01:56)

luckybaer
+10|6795| Going Feral
Oh.  I see what you're saying.  Yes, I've noticed that a few times since playing.  It's like "click-zap!"  Nothing.  "Click-zap!"  Nothing.  WTF??? 

Maybe the guy is beyond reviving?  Like blown to bits by arty? 

I wonder if they showed up on my HUD as being "revive-eligible"?

I think I'll need to pay attention to see if I can make any connection to what's going on.
bingobones
+6|6745|London, UK

luckybaer wrote:

Oh.  I see what you're saying.  Yes, I've noticed that a few times since playing.  It's like "click-zap!"  Nothing.  "Click-zap!"  Nothing.  WTF???
YES! exactly that .... WTF?!!!!
they are ruining the game with all these stupid changes - dunno why they just cant fix the bugs and leave everything else.
Why the fcuk dothey keep adjusting the shockpaddles - maybe cos of statpadders - but why should these statpadders ruin the game for us??
Chowley
+1|6706|Ireland
Ya i find medic really rather retarded since 1.2 tbh .
luckybaer
+10|6795| Going Feral

bingobones wrote:

luckybaer wrote:

YES! exactly that .... WTF?!!!!
they are ruining the game with all these stupid changes - dunno why they just cant fix the bugs and leave everything else.
Why the fcuk dothey keep adjusting the shockpaddles - maybe cos of statpadders - but why should these statpadders ruin the game for us??
Beats me.  I play honestly, and I think I do a decent job as medic - lots of revives and stuff.  I need to get better about dropping the bags around, but to be honest, I kinda hang on to one now because I don't want to be in the position of having to revive someone quickly only to have a "click-zap! --- NOTHING!" happen to me.  LOL.
kaptainflam
+2|6735
Yes , I noticed that as well
How can they be so stupid to change some gameplay features without noticing it in the change log....
It's beyond me !
Cheers KF.
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6759|Pakistan/England
yeah, ive noticed that too. what i find even more fucked up is that when im near a medic who is reviving me or another guy, if he fails to rez the dead guy the first time, the "clear!!" sound and the "zap" made by the defibs go apeshit, and i hear "clclclclclclclclclclear!", where the medic says "clear" REALY rapid fire, and at the same time i head 20 rapid-fire zap sounds. its really messed up, but i crack up..sounds like a medic orgasm. Imagine if he had 10 dead people nearby and all got rezed in a milisecond. anyone else had this problem or is it just my pc being retarded?
Digger1969
+3|6758|Toronto, Canada
Had the same issue myself.....a recently deceased drops next to me and I try to revive him to no avail, shock him twice and nothing happens.  Happens only periodically not every round.  Generally I will not go prone for a revival, I'd just run past, aim for his chest and he's good to go so the few times it happened I tried both ways and nothing worked.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6714|San Francisco
I dunno, I haven't noticed these problems after the patch, even as a medic under heavy fire and reviving people all over the place.  Might need more testing.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6752|Peoria, Illinois
bingobones: Clear!
bingobones: Recharging!

You were critically wounded.
LSD_Wash
+64|6834
I've posted extensively about this problem on this and several other boards.  It's so stupid and random to bind the med packs with the shock paddles.  It doesn't make any logical sense and is terribly confusing.  I would be fine with longer charge times for either or both.  At least you could tell what the hell was happening... and at least show a correct animation and play some different sounds so that your paddles don't appear charged and ready for action but magically just don't work.  Terrible terrible terrible idea.  I remember when John Carmack hated bunny hopping in Quake3 so he tried to put in fake / arbitrary delays between jumps and end the end, he wisely said, "It didn't make sense and messed up the feel of things so I took it out."  I wish EA could be that honest and say, "We tried it and it just didn't work so we are taking it out."  But somehow I don't see that happening.    Oh well.

Last edited by LSD_Wash (2006-03-13 14:28:05)

Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6754|Singapore

luckybaer wrote:

Maybe the guy is beyond reviving?  Like blown to bits by arty? 

I wonder if they showed up on my HUD as being "revive-eligible"?

I think I'll need to pay attention to see if I can make any connection to what's going on.
The lightning sign?
junkpi1e
Captain Input
+4|6649|Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Unless you're hit with an SRAW or artillery, you're pretty much revivable.

The problem isn't anything to do with the wounding/death of the victim, or the positioning, theres definately something wrong with the paddles. Hell, I'll revive a guy, get nothing, and then he'll res 3 seconds later when I taken cover from a grenade or something.

It makes playing the medic class appauling.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6721
Honestly the revive system is so full of bugs its unbelievable.

1: revivable teammates are supposed to have an indicator above their heads for medics to see, but some do not and are revivable anyway.

2: It is possible to revive someone who has been "killed" as opposed to "critically wounded" at some times.

3: It is impossible to revive people who are laying on sloped surfaces much of the time, for god knows what reason.

4: falling off a 10 story roof after being shot in the head with a 50 calibre bullet is revivable, but getting hit by a supply box moving at 2 km down a hill is not.

I could go on, but you get the point.
banksd1983
APC whore
+20|6686
I love watching people fly hundreds of feet high by artillery then watching them fall down from the sky, only to be able to revive some of them. I don't get it. And that hill thing drives me nuts!
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6841|Belgium

@Skruples:

3. I read a comment somewhere that you should revive the "bag" in that case... I never got around to test it, but it seems to have some EA logic to it.

5. I was revived the other day while still alive. I was prone and one health bar away from an untimely death, but still alive and kicking. Some medic jumps on top of me and zaps me to full health, or it seemed to be. It was some sort of group frenzy.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6792|PNW

I wish patches would get a more thorough QA test before they unleash the damn things on the public. The BF2 ones seem to create more problems than they fix, and fail to correct what they say is fixed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard