Furore
+0|6622
I'm about to give up on the Knife Badge ...

I never seem to get the right swing on the knife. Whatever I do, I end up dead.

Been told Gulf of Oman is the easiest way to get the badge, as peeps in AA are knife fodder, but I'm really having a hard time to stay close enough to an enemy base to sneak in and kill.

Since the respons on my last post was good, I now hope there is someone out there who has some very good advice on how to get the badge.

Anyone ?
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6705
Go to a Karkand server or a Sharqi server i got my basic on the Karkand and my Vet on Sharqi using Medic class so i can heal in between fights i found it really easy that way or Iron gator ive benn told in the hallways is good for it as well
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6739|The Hague, Netherlands

or try the big yellow search thing here and typ in something with 'knife badge' and you will get allot of topics that can help you more.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Inquatitis
+1|6639
well, not good advise just what worked for me on basic and veteran badges for the knife.
Karkand, lots of lone snipers, learn to love your commander, ask for frequent scans and for him/her to spot lone soldiers in your area. if you have a good commander, you should rack them up with ease.
veteran much the same, but this will take some suicide knifing runs.
pick a map you want to concentrate on and go for it.
i like gulf of oman and sharqi peninsula for this.
the lower east flag point on oman is perfect for this one as it tends to get capped frequently by both sides and since the hotel is so close lots the beginning of the round will have it swarming with enemy units.
either let them cap the flag or do hit and runs while hiding by the hill next to it.
lots of snipers like to stay there and pick of USMC cappers.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6751
i still swear by either karkand or sharqui, and go the sniper class.

i always think that if the server has loads of newbs on it, then they might just mistake an enemy sniper for a friendly one as they are very similar to look at. and if you are close enough, they might just mis the red name above your head.

but yeah use the UAV and commander spotting to your advantage. Go to the enemy soldier who is hiding in an alley way taking out your fellow comrades. sneaky sneaky - kill
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6735|cairns australia

Lestat<CoN> wrote:

Go to a Karkand server or a Sharqi server i got my basic on the Karkand and my Vet on Sharqi using Medic class so i can heal in between fights i found it really easy that way or Iron gator ive benn told in the hallways is good for it as well
and there are other ways too?
https://x10.putfile.com/3/7112005255-thumb.jpg
https://x10.putfile.com/3/7111582932-thumb.jpg
its just not in the spirit of the game.

Last edited by pokerplaya (2006-03-13 10:36:36)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Definately Karkand, early in the game as Mec its astonishing how many knifekills u can get running wild inbetween the americans charging for the hotel flag - they are almost like horses rushing towards the finishline with nothing else in mind.

Got Vet and Expert on Karkand in 2 days ;-)
Have been close to 23 C4 kills in the same area several times but still miss that one *sigh*
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
cam420
+1|6651
Once u learn how to knife it becomes so easy its all about sneaking up on people and lurking in the shadows, i find it easiest to knife people as a sniper(because im usualley sneaking around). Another way i've found that works pretty good is to run up on someone when there prone, go prone and knife u almost always win.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Its almost like their akilles is way weaker than the rest of the body ?

Last edited by Varegg (2006-03-13 10:59:34)

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
walyl135
+7|6634|(UK) SOUTH LONDON GUV'NOR
yes use a Karkand server, preferably one running the 64 map with a 32 limit.... the game lasts longer and you tend to get more solitary men who dont look behind them !!!!!! also keep clicking when you knife some one. thats how i got my Expert knife Check my stats.

http://bf2s.com/player/wally135/
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6621
Well the knife is one hit and it kills them you can just go prone and hit there feet and they die its not that difficult even though i have enough kills it won't give me my badge.
sir_not_appearing_in
+1|6721|Dunedin, New Zealand
I got both of mine on Devils Perch as i found hiding in dark corners by the lamps. Not everyone uses the nightvision on that map as it had lamps dotted around the place that ruins your vision so if you hang around behind a light  in a dark corner people are less likely to spot you and then just sneak up on them.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6695|Howell, Mi USA
Try standing behind walls on high traffic areas. when u see someone run by chase after them with ur knife and stabby stabby stabby.

another good tip: Don't give up, it's rare for someone to get knife badges on their first few trys.  it took me about 4 days to get expert after the 100 global kills.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839

walyl135 wrote:

yes use a Karkand server, preferably one running the 64 map with a 32 limit.... the game lasts longer and you tend to get more solitary men who dont look behind them !!!!!! also keep clicking when you knife some one. thats how i got my Expert knife Check my stats.

http://bf2s.com/player/wally135/
Yeah.  A short staffed Karkand, Mastuur, or Sharqi is about the best way to get the knife badges.

A 64 player server with only 20 or so people playing.  Makes for a really long round and plenty of time to go all stabby stabby on people.  Be prepared to die a lot though.
TigrisJK
+3|6727
Basic? I just got it after a night of trying last night. 16 player 64-size Karkand map.

Be sneaky. Be very very sneaky.
walyl135
+7|6634|(UK) SOUTH LONDON GUV'NOR

Burning_Monkey wrote:

Yeah.  A short staffed Karkand, Mastuur, or Sharqi is about the best way to get the knife badges.

A 64 player server with only 20 or so people playing.  Makes for a really long round and plenty of time to go all stabby stabby on people.  Be prepared to die a lot though.
yes in reply to your reply (????).... i managed to get my first purple heart getting my expert knife now i have it i dont ever have to charge the guns of a APC with only a knife ever-again.....
luckybaer
+10|6775| Going Feral
I got my veteran pistol and my veteran knife today.  I played on Warlord, and it was crazy.  I had a good squad, so when we were messing around in th Palace, I'm sure I stole a few kills with the pistol.  Also, one guy in the squad would tear gas the rooms, and I would go in with my knife and stab people.  Medics are sitting ducks when they revive people - you can get two kills easily if you time it right!
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
DO NOT SPRINT!!! walk normally. then when your close to someone, sprint your arse off, and go prone near his knees and stab for it. if you miss, he will most definately run backwards. So quickly press the crouch button (which will make you stand up without making your knife shake making you unable to shoot) and go for him again. the aim is to get close up as quick as possible.
PurpleWasabi
+0|6770
1. No matter what you do, resist the urge to pull out your gun and start shooting. 

2. Karkand is where I got mine.  Try to find a 64 player server because with alot of people playing they just get confused (and more people to knife, 32 )

3. Make sure your sprint bar is full or at half so you can sprint towards your target/victim.

4. Try and try.

Suffice to say, I got my knife badge a few weeks ago.  I wasn't really aiming to get it because when I tried before, I'd fail miserably.  But that day I just knifed two people in succession and I thought it would be fun to knife some more.  It was cool when the drums started playing
Hugh_Jasss
Death is my Dominion
+10|6659|Sydney, Australia

PurpleWasabi wrote:

Suffice to say, I got my knife badge a few weeks ago.  I wasn't really aiming to get it because when I tried before, I'd fail miserably.
i so know that feeling - i was just trying to get my expert the past 3 rounds. got over 10 in 2, and 17 in the last one. OMG!!!! 17 kills! I was so pissed off, and omg, that glitch where you clearly stab them, and you get the puff of smoke, but you have to re-stab them to get the kill.....
I stabbed some gy prone in the face 3 times and he didnt die (or notice me lol ), then i stabbed his torso, nothing. So i stabbed his leg and got the kill. seriously wtf?
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

Search. Bitch.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

polarbearz wrote:

Search. Bitch.
post of the year
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
adamas68
+0|6630
I got my basic with the help of a tank!!! A buddie drove around while I was the gunner, it's amazing how still a guy lies when he thinks the tank can't see him. All I did was jump out, run around behind the guy lying on the ground, tada, one knife badge!

If he saw me comming and got up, he was then killed by my buddie, which saved me being killed many times.

Good luck.
Skinnister
+43|6726|UK
check out my buddy 13knives he has started a new account and only plays with knives and claymore, when you se him coming at you with a knife, run.....
eagleray69
gone, tired of kiddietrashtalk
+15|6647
congrats, your stats say you finally did it yesterday! sometimes it great not to give up trying...
and i think the knife badge is by far the hardest from all. i won´t go for the expert one, it´s too much pain in the ass... for me at least

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard