Echo
WOoKie
+383|6690|The Netherlands
Wow obviously i ve been living under a rock for the last week. Too busy working my ass off 12 hours a day i guess.

I do like to say good job on the eu bf2s server. I checked out the american bf2s ranked server a month or 2 ago and i had a ping of over 120 and i was lagging really bad. It took me a whole mag to kill trigger so i isnt playable for me unfortunately.

Anyways cool to see there's a eu bf2s server and its dutch so i should get a great ping! http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServer/ … 169:16567/

I wanna go check it out tonight so at what time will you guys be playing on it? It ll be sweet to play with bf2s forum members.

Edit: is there a ts channel for the eu server?

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-03-11 01:58:41)

Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|6632|The Netherlands
Eta  18:30
Echo
WOoKie
Goldman and me tried to get the game started on the european server tonight but we only got 4 ppl to join. Loads of ppl joined but most of them disconnected before they entered the game. I played on it from 7 to 10 but i couldnt get enough ppl unfortunately.

I ll give it another try tomorrow early in the afternoon.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-03-11 14:36:30)

Echo
WOoKie
I gave it another try this afternoon and within the hour i got enough ppl to get the game started and 45 min later it was full.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

should try it ones
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

just got off the server and it was rockin' full at 55-64 people. way to go guys

fyi, I'll be changing the settings to only 2 rounds per map and switch autobalance on.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany

B.Schuss wrote:

just got off the server and it was rockin' full at 55-64 people. way to go guys
i went on there too and saw Goldman, B.Schuss and Robin.
I think it was Mashtuur wen me and my buddys joined.

We had pretty much fun. Thx a lot.

After the third round Dalian Plant i got off now and i'm going to bed and get some sleep.

Good Night!
Lt.Goldman
We're there Schuss  !!  it was FULL most of the day... and no more resets

2 rounds and autobalance is good  and please get rid of Wake ...

Thanx to General-Echo, BMb|danCer[b], [b]Armag3ddOn, Robin...Hood, B.schuss and many many others
Hope to see you again (in my gunsight )

Lt.Goldman  signing off
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6790|Belgium

Yeah it was great... Sorry about the lead in your back mr. Gold... General motto first shoot ask questions later

We did have some balance issues, I had to force switch a few guys twice to keep it balanced. Maybe putting the auto-balance back up ? or is that a wait and see thing?

Oh and the voip wasn't woking, I'll have to look into it because the setting seems to be correct ???

Cheers,
R
B.Schuss

yeah, autobalance needs to be turned back on. I would have done it myself yesterday evening, but I didn't want to disrupt gameplay while the server was full.

I'll also change the number of rounds per map from 3 to 2. 3 is just too much, even if the server is full. Really, who can stand 3 rounds of mashtuur ?

Robin, if you have the chance, why not do it now ? I am at work and do not have access to my BF2CC client.
If you want, take Wake out of the cycle. Personally, I like that map, but we can change the mapcycle on short notice. I also would like to give Lt.Goldman admin rights for the server, since he is on there quite a lot. Any objections ?

About VoIP, I have no idea what's going on there. As you said, the settings seem to be correct. Dunno why it wouldn't work. Maybe you can figure it out. If not, we can contact i3d.nl.

Hope to see you tonight,

B.
voltage
+46|6810|Sweden
I personally don't like Wake very much but according to the little poll I made it's the most popular chinese map (not many votes on the poll though, perhaps it's better to poll it in the chatter subforum).

Songhua Stalemate is my current favourite but unfortunately not many agree with me so I guess we wont see that one .
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6813|Bryan/College Station, TX

voltage wrote:

I personally don't like Wake very much but according to the little poll I made it's the most popular chinese map (not many votes on the poll though, perhaps it's better to poll it in the chatter subforum).

Songhua Stalemate is my current favourite but unfortunately not many agree with me so I guess we wont see that one .
It's unfortunate because I like all the Chinese maps. I like them more than the MEC ones mainly because few seem to have them in rotation. If I had my wish, Karkand and Manchtuur would be the ones that weren't in the roation because I've seen enough of those two maps to last a lifetime.

My opinion on maps are...

Best Chinese Maps:
Songhua Stalemate
Dragon Valley
FuShe Pass

Best MEC Maps:
Sharqi Penn.
Operation Cleensweep
Gulf of Oman

I know many will disagree with me and it's their right to do so if they wish.

P.S. I'm a big fan of the entire team being switched to the other side on the next turn of the server.
Example:  1st Round: Group 1 of Player are USMC and Group 2 of players are MEC (PLA) then next round
Group 2 of players are USMC and Group 1 of Players are MEC(PLA). Gives each team a different perspective and also a fair chance of using the equipment of both USMC and MEC (PLA).

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-03-13 04:00:28)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6790|Belgium

kilroy0097 wrote:

P.S. I'm a big fan of the entire team being switched to the other side on the next turn of the server.
Example:  1st Round: Group 1 of Player are USMC and Group 2 of players are MEC (PLA) then next round
Group 2 of players are USMC and Group 1 of Players are MEC(PLA). Gives each team a different perspective and also a fair chance of using the equipment of both USMC and MEC (PLA).
No worries, we like it to, so it's up and running

@B. Sorry mate I am at work to First time I have is... around midnight CET

Cheers,
R
Lt.Goldman

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

Oh and the voip wasn't woking, I'll have to look into it because the setting seems to be correct ???
R U shure ?

So I've been shouting orders to the walls the whole evening... hmmm...

(It would explain a lot of "teamwork errors" in my TEAMWORK squad yesterday...)

I'll try to be on the server around 18:30 this evening... pressing V and B
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6813|Bryan/College Station, TX

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

The War is Hell admins were also having issues with the VOIP on the server. Something about a certain file needing to be updated or the VOIP being restarted or something. I don't know what they did to fix it so here is the website. Maybe you can ask the admin how they did it.

http://www.warishellgaming.com/index.php
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
B.Schuss

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

No worries, we like it to, so it's up and running

@B. Sorry mate I am at work to First time I have is... around midnight CET

Cheers,
R
alright, then I'll change it myself when I come home from work around 5 pm. ( CET +1 ).

Auto team switch should be on, btw ( at least it seemed so last night ).
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6805|Deutschland/Germany
@ Goldman: Yeah I didnt receive any VoIP commands from you while I was in your squad.....

Wow it s 15:00 and the EU server is full. Looks like the times when me and Goldman were all alone wondering if some hidden code was written on the claymores are over.

https://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9295/screenbf2s8cl.th.jpg
64 player Karkand deathmatch on the EU server......(no tanks involved......just my overpowered PKM)

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-03-13 06:19:30)

Lt.Goldman

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

@ Goldman: Yeah I didnt receive any VoIP commands from you while I was in your squad.....
[bragging] Just imagine how outstanding our squad could have performed if VOIP had worked [/bragging]

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

Wow it s 15:00 and the EU server is full. Looks like the times when me and Goldman were all alone wondering if some hidden code was written on the claymores are over.
Yeah... all good things end...   DENNA SIDA FIENDEN  ! 
B.Schuss

damn. How am I supposed to change the server settings when the server is so populated ?

I'll be home around 5 pm ( 42 minutes from now )....

Goldmann, I'll try to get your admin account up and running today, but there is no guarantee. If necessary, I'll ask NM156 or Robin to help me out...
Echo
WOoKie

B.Schuss wrote:

damn. How am I supposed to change the server settings when the server is so populated ?
Just go on and tell them at the beginning of the game to reconnect to the server in 3 minutes cause you re resetting it and give them the ip. Thats how my clan used to change something to our bfv server when it was full. It works quite well but you ll probably lose a couple of players that dont have the patience to wait for a few minutes. 

Cya guys tonight on the eu server!

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-03-13 09:25:00)

danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany
what about the teamspeak server?

normally, i got ingamevoip turned off!
Echo
WOoKie

bmb|danCer wrote:

Me too.

I ve heared that you have to pay for teamspeak servers nowadays when you only got ranked servers. If you got a war/unranked server tho you re fine so it seems. We are talking about a 24/7 official bf2s teamspeak server right?

Anyways, untill theres an official channel, when we are playing on the european bf2s server, we can use my ts server which i host on my own pc.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-03-13 11:03:15)

danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany

General-Echo wrote:

bmb|danCer wrote:

Me too.

I ve heared that you have to pay for teamspeak servers nowadays when you only got ranked servers. If you got a war/unranked server tho you re fine so it seems. We are talking about a 24/7 official bf2s teamspeak server right?

Anyways, untill theres an official channel, when we are playing on the european bf2s server, we can use my ts server which i host on my own pc.
cool idea! did u get a dns name for that like for example general-echo.dyndns.org?
there are little programs that update your private ip automatically to that domain so u don't have to give your ip to everybody everytime.
for infos visit http://www.dyndns.com/ registration is free and update programs for that service are there free too.
if u dont wanna do that i'll ask my clan for a channel to open extra for the com.

fortunatly i got a free slot today on the bf2s-server and got ranked up
@goldman, sry for leaving your squad, but my guys asked to join theirs.

Good Night, Good Fight!

Last edited by bmb|danCer (2006-03-13 15:38:51)

Lt.Goldman
TO ALL SOLDIERS THAT SERVED IN MY TEAMWORK SQUAD

Men,

I am realy proud of your performance this evening ! We lost a few battles, thats true.
We did not scored the most points thats also true. But the teamwork you all showed was amazing !

You all sticked together. OK sometimes too close to all catch the same arty shell   but shit happens.
The way everyone respawned on me and instantly followed (and even answered) my orders, was great.

I have never seen such good medics actually healing squadmembers and supports staying behind
and give coverfire for the whole teamattack. Anti-tank even fired rockets at tanks intead of soldiers !

And than to see that NONE of you guys has a rank rank higher than Master Sergeant.
NEVER say that the corporals/sergeants and staff sergeants  are noobs !

I am honoured to have served with you all. I hope I get the privilage of fighting with you again !

AT EASE MEN

Master Sergeant Goldman.Lt
Squadleader TEAMWORK
BF2S EU server
B.Schuss

Lt.Goldman wrote:

TO ALL SOLDIERS THAT SERVED IN MY TEAMWORK SQUAD

Men,

I am realy proud of your performance this evening ! We lost a few battles, thats true.
We did not scored the most points thats also true. But the teamwork you all showed was amazing !

You all sticked together. OK sometimes too close to all catch the same arty shell   but shit happens.
The way everyone respawned on me and instantly followed (and even answered) my orders, was great.

I have never seen such good medics actually healing squadmembers and supports staying behind
and give coverfire for the whole teamattack. Anti-tank even fired rockets at tanks intead of soldiers !

And than to see that NONE of you guys has a rank rank higher than Master Sergeant.
NEVER say that the corporals/sergeants and staff sergeants  are noobs !

I am honoured to have served with you all. I hope I get the privilage of fighting with you again !

AT EASE MEN

Master Sergeant Goldman.Lt
Squadleader TEAMWORK
BF2S EU server
thx.

I actually liked the second round on wake with u being commander and myself defending the north base with the M24...

But you are correct, the game does get even better with good teamplay. That's how it is supposed to be.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard