Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore
I heard from a friend that pumping petrol slowly yourself makes more oil flow in? True no? Most of the time, i see attendants just press the amount that you want, then let it flow in at a high rate.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

that makes no sense at all
Brasso
+1,549|6600

...need for speed.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6102
I heard if you poor 1 cup of water into a glass slowly, there's more water flow than if you poor 1 cup of water into a glass at a high rate.
Slarty
+37|5934|Ingerland
To a certain degree it's true.

If the petrol (oil??!!) is pumped in fast it'll foam up and turn the filler pump off. But otherwise, no.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6189|Phoenix, AZ
wat?

That makes no sense, open tank valve, insert pump, pull handle, flip up little handle lock, clean windshield, take pump out, close valve, drive away...

Usually that's how I pump gas...
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5687|Vancouver, BC, Canada

GodFather wrote:

wat?

That makes no sense, open tank valve, insert pump, pull handle, flip up little handle lock, clean windshield, take pump out, close valve, drive away...

False.

Where I live, they recently passed a law to get rid of the handle locks, too many stupid people were driving away with the hose still in >.<

In some suburbial cities around here, by law, they're ONLY Full serve, again, stupid people.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6712|Topside

OMG!just buy a bike already.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6532|British Columbia, Canada

TheDonkey wrote:

GodFather wrote:

wat?

False.

Where I live, they recently passed a law to get rid of the handle locks, too many stupid people were driving away with the hose still in >.<

In some suburbial cities around here, by law, they're ONLY Full serve, again, stupid people.
Ya, in my city there is only full serve. However the surrounding cities have self serve, but no handle lock.

Fucking sucks, I actually like pumping my own gas.

Actually seen some dumb broad drive away from a full serve gas station with the hose still in. I was expecting to see gas go everywhere, but I guess they have some safety feature that prevents that..
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6189|Phoenix, AZ

LT.Victim wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

GodFather wrote:

wat?

False.

Ya, in my city there is only full serve. However the surrounding cities have self serve, but no handle lock.

Fucking sucks, I actually like pumping my own gas.

Actually seen some dumb broad drive away from a full serve gas station with the hose still in. I was expecting to see gas go everywhere, but I guess they have some safety feature that prevents that..
Heh, we have stupid people here too, really stupid drivers (some guy pulled out on me when I was 20 feet to the left of him going 50 mph on a 45mph road, I was on my bike, so swerving was easy, and slamming on the horn was easy too)

But we still have self serve, with handle locks :p
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6199|NSW, Australia

never seen a handle lock thing? illegal here i assume, but just shove the petrol tank lid inbetween the handle so it stays on

and ive never seen a place where they do it for you :S

Last edited by Nappy (2008-11-22 02:15:20)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
You are charged for what comes out the nozzle, but are given no credit for what is recovered in vapors, so yes, I pump on slow, in the morning when I can because the heat causes the fuel to expand and you actually pay a few cents more per gallon when its really hot.

And I only buy gas from Arco. Cheapest in town, just don't buy anything else there like smokes or sodas because that's where they try to make up their money.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

ATG wrote:

You are charged for what comes out the nozzle, but are given no credit for what is recovered in vapors, so yes, I pump on slow, in the morning when I can because the heat causes the fuel to expand and you actually pay a few cents more per gallon when its really hot.

And I only buy gas from Arco. Cheapest in town, just don't buy anything else there like smokes or sodas because that's where they try to make up their money.
Surely pumping fast would make more economic sense. Having your petrol tank open for the shortest possible time reduces the amount of time vapour has to escape - but you're only talking about really, really insignificant amounts. The temperature of the various companies storage systems for the fuel will play a much, much more important role.
BlackKoala
+215|6295
Eh, I slide my card, open my fuel door, and put the pump in.

I lock it into it's fastest setting, and when it clicks off I'm done.  It's worked for me so far, lol.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

Damn lazy americans...
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6735|Cambridge (UK)

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Damn lazy americans...
Best post in the thread.

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
What......are you guys seriously talking about putting petrol into your car? What the fuck?

I guess maybe it's a big thing for North Americans as you have people that actually do it for you (lmao) ...
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

Mekstizzle wrote:

What......are you guys seriously talking about putting petrol into your car? What the fuck?

I guess maybe it's a big thing for North Americans as you have people that actually do it for you (lmao) ...
You haven't even got a car Skittles, so shut up. Fuck sake.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
At least I've had a car in the past unlike a certain berk from north wales who decides to spend his money on games and PC shit

yeah you

fag
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|NÃ¥rvei

ATG wrote:

Even though the fuel expands and adds more volume inside the tank that will happen after the fuel is added not in tank that are buried under ground, have you actually measured this over time, if so i would be interested in knowing how much you save by this over lets say a week or month ...

Seems like a neat experiment ATG if could fill your tank over 3 months, first month early in the morning, second month mid day and third month in the evening and the post the results ... i'm sure the difference is minimal.

Another thought of course is if you fill the tank when is not so hot and use the fuel when it's very hot, would that give you a higher mpg ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Surgeons

I've got a car at this moment in time, Skittles, you tool.

Also, my money goes on cheap vodka, knockoff redbull and food.

Also,

Sams wrote:

[16:02] SamTheMan : tell mek
[16:02] SamTheMan : if i werent banned from bf2s id smack him one
Mekstizzle
WALKER
tell sam, if he weren't banned from bf2s, likewise

Also don't fucking lie, no you don't have a car, that car is R-FAG's car
Surgeons

Mekstizzle wrote:

tell sam, if he weren't banned from bf2s, likewise

Also don't fucking lie, no you don't have a car, that car is R-FAG's car

He's got a Focus now, the fiesta is mine.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

So have you brought it over to Lancs then? Would be nice just having it there, even though 90% of the time you'll be too drunk to drive it (legally)
Surgeons

Not atm, I'm applying for a permit, gotta have one or you'll get clamped.

Hopefully will have it up here after christmas.

Also, I'll probably only use it to go to shops/as a taxi

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard