adv3rsary
+28|6723
i remember a couple of years ago when i was trying to learn how to solo a chopper, i came across a great video

he was in a Z-10 chopper... it was something around 5-10 minutes.. and he was also soloing the machine guns on the chopper and kicking ass with it

anyone remember/seen this video that knows where i can locate it?
Roc18
`
+655|5798|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6502|Sydney, Australia
Was it on wake?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6635|UK

adv3rsary wrote:

he was in a Z-10 chopper... it was something around 5-10 minutes.. and he was also soloing the machine guns on the chopper and kicking ass with it
I'm pretty sure there's hundreds of videos where that happens.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5692|SQUID
What maps was it on? It might have been Duck & Cover vol 1/2.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6294|eng

The A W S M F O X wrote:

What maps was it on? It might have been Duck & Cover vol 1/2.
Thats what I was thinking

Go to Google Video adv3rsary, and type in Duck & Cover, see if it's that?
#rekt
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5692|SQUID
Yeah, thats the only video I can think of made 2 years ago with good soloing and chaingunning thats 5-10 minutes long.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6389|the land of bourbon
hmm, only 3 minutes long but solo tv and gunning...

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
adv3rsary
+28|6723
duck and cover sounds familiar ill look that up.. and yes such a video is common, but it wasn't 2-3 years ago which is when the video im looking for is from

Last edited by adv3rsary (2008-11-21 07:36:33)

adv3rsary
+28|6723
yep.. thank you Mint and A W S M F O X.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSKZq4eDoeA was what i was looking for

Last edited by adv3rsary (2008-11-21 07:43:14)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6294|eng

adv3rsary wrote:

yep.. thank you Mint and A W S M F O X.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSKZq4eDoeA was what i was looking for
no worries m8
#rekt
Nakamp
+25|6202|Czech Republic
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 0845373223

Best vid of guyinz-10kickingasswithmachinegunssoloing :p
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6650|can

Nakamp wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5612067690845373223

Also best soundtrack evar
blacklupus
+13|6698
Duck and Cover is pretty low.
adv3rsary
+28|6723

blacklupus wrote:

Duck and Cover is pretty low.
again it wasn't 2-3 years ago when it was made hehe.. dont know if you remember (were around back then), but maybe 100-200 people could even solo.... now there is easily 1000-2000... and even yet to this day, i still don't know anyone that effectively solos the machine gun on the chopper (im sure they exist.. but i never see them doing it)

Nakamp wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5612067690845373223

he's good but he isn't doing anything special... easy stuff

Last edited by adv3rsary (2008-11-22 00:06:20)

Nakamp
+25|6202|Czech Republic

adv3rsary wrote:

i still don't know anyone that effectively solos the machine gun on the chopper (im sure they exist.. but i never see them doing it)

adv3rsary wrote:

He "effectively solos the machine gun on the chopper". I would like to see you do what he does when you say it's easy, demo from some match would be nice lol.
cospengle
+140|6495|Armidale, NSW, Australia
Some nice shots there. I've always wondered how people can be so good with soloing.

When I try to do it I have to turn the chopper side-on aiming left of the target because by the time I change seats and go into TV view I still have to wait a second before I can launch the missle, by which time the chopper has rotated to the right and is pointing the wrong way. It simply takes too long to go from flying to firing. Does anyone else get this?

A good example of what my game does NOT do is at the 28 secind mark of the vid in the second post. The pilot changes seats and fires immediately. I suppose it's hard to tell because some frames may have been edited out, but the chopper hasn't turned off course so... if I'd tried that shot, the missle would not have fired until a second later (even with me clicking like mad). I think I need a better PC to do those shots, but I do have a pretty decent system.
adv3rsary
+28|6723

cospengle wrote:

Some nice shots there. I've always wondered how people can be so good with soloing.

When I try to do it I have to turn the chopper side-on aiming left of the target because by the time I change seats and go into TV view I still have to wait a second before I can launch the missle, by which time the chopper has rotated to the right and is pointing the wrong way. It simply takes too long to go from flying to firing. Does anyone else get this?

A good example of what my game does NOT do is at the 28 secind mark of the vid in the second post. The pilot changes seats and fires immediately. I suppose it's hard to tell because some frames may have been edited out, but the chopper hasn't turned off course so... if I'd tried that shot, the missle would not have fired until a second later (even with me clicking like mad). I think I need a better PC to do those shots, but I do have a pretty decent system.
it all depends on:
1. how you angle to the chopper
2. how fast you shoot after switching

after about the 50,000th time it becomes so automatic you wont even have to think about it. when i first started, id go into an empty local server (create local) and just switch and shoot at stationary targets on the ground for a while.. it gets easy fast.. then you can move on to moving targets on the ground and then choppers and jets... you ll be as good as the time you put in and the natural reflexes/hand eye coordination you posses.

best way to learn is watch all the videos of people doing it.. you can read all the guides you want for hours and hours.. or you can learn just as much from a 10 minute video

Last edited by adv3rsary (2008-11-22 14:42:45)

venom6
Since day One.
+247|6566|Hungary
Maybe this one?

Title: "The BEST helicopter pilot in BF2"
Search for it no youtube coz i cant link it.

Last edited by venom6 (2008-11-22 15:53:26)

adv3rsary
+28|6723

Nakamp wrote:

adv3rsary wrote:

i still don't know anyone that effectively solos the machine gun on the chopper (im sure they exist.. but i never see them doing it)

adv3rsary wrote:

He "effectively solos the machine gun on the chopper". I would like to see you do what he does when you say it's easy, demo from some match would be nice lol.
umm
1. i can do it semi decent
2. you took quotes that apply to different posts and made it sound like they for the same

Duck and cover = he effectively solos the machine gun
other video that i said was all easy stuff = he doesn't even solo the machine gun

please read before you post. thank you
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6654

cospengle wrote:

You're just slow.

If you click it fast enough after switching you can get the camera to not follow the missle. It doesn't help in any way but it's kinda fun to try and guide it that way.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6199|Roma

adv3rsary wrote:

i remember a couple of years ago when i was trying to learn how to solo a chopper, i came across a great video

I think there was one i remember seeing, the heli tutorials or something. Some guy made about 3, before the heli spun when you switched seats (hence why he was good with the chain gun) and the TV range got nerfed.
CBA to find it now, but might look later
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
SouthernCross
+9|5661|AU-Brisbane
Welcome to 3 years ago.
Wallpaper
+303|6002|The pool

PrivateVendetta wrote:

adv3rsary wrote:

I think there was one i remember seeing, the heli tutorials or something. Some guy made about 3, before the heli spun when you switched seats (hence why he was good with the chain gun) and the TV range got nerfed.
CBA to find it now, but might look later
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=79443
Nakamp
+25|6202|Czech Republic

adv3rsary wrote:

other video that i said was all easy stuff = he doesn't even solo the machine gun

please read before you post. thank you
WHAT? He totally rapes them at base with machine gun from 2:30 to the end. Also it's all from one match and one side, that means less than 20 minutes, because they capped them out.

Watch the video again, then post. Thank you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard