Jewbat
+8|6730
Anyways, I found this forum through a long string of findings and I wondered how has BF2 has changed since then.

The main reason I quit was the 1.2 destruction patch of air warfare. It turned it into "matches with $2mil flying missiles" rather than airplanes and dogfights, which was what got me so enraptured in BF 2 in the first place.

So what are the major changes? Considering that there probably have been many patches since then, I just wanted to know the really, serious major changes, if anyone would be that kind to reply to me.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5932|Somewhere out in Space
1.2 destroyed dogfights?

GTFO! 

No one liked flying in circles for the whole round trying to shoot the other guy down.  And if its f35's that you cant stand, you obviously havent seen what people have learned.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality
well there are too many to count.
Now missiles fall somewhere in between the useless crap from 1.00 and the 'you can't miss' of 1.2.

current patch is 1.41 which is a full patch. EA decided incrementals were too dodgy.

every plane is different. don't fly a F35 like a j10 or like a Mig.

was the TV missile range 450m with 1.2 or 650m? anyway it is 450m now.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Hakei
Banned
+295|5996
It was 550M.
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6602
More and more people do not like squad play for some reason.
The commanders are usually spamming " Enemy spotted"
And strike at karkand is still full of spawn killers.

Other than that, nothings changed.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality
did a little research for you

http://wiki.bf2s.com/other/patchhistory
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Minion
C:/DOS - C:/DOS/RUN - RUN/DOS/RUN
+54|6599|Newfoundland, Canada
I miss 1.12
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f69858a2977e77bc2fdf9f5a2ba4a4d0177f38c0.png
100% Irishpride
Banned
+81|6160|Dublin

Minion wrote:

I miss 1.12
We should all revert to 1.21 and run a server, I'd say it would be populated enough.
Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine

Hakei wrote:

It was 550M.
blacklupus
+13|6691

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

The commanders are usually spamming " Enemy spotted"
Gratz. You just proved yourself being a noob.
Jewbat
+8|6730
Well as for the guy in the first post, I'm not "GTFO" by the way. Considering that I had some of the most fun in dogfights (Good pilots don't fly in circles, just a little information for you) that lasted a while. Maps like Dalian Plant and Omar (I think that was the one with the Arabs and the off shore cruiser base for the Americans) were amazing because there were many obstacles to use to dodge the enemy. Besides, if people just flew in circles (Like my clan leader, which I told him repeatedly NOT to do), they were easy to take down. Just aim ahead of them, and let your guns rip.

I just dislike how the missiles became God-like and the fighters and bombers turned into 'one use planes.'

Also, I love Squad play, but if I want that I can go to another game. If I just want a game where it's mainly infantry, there are many, many games out there that offer it. What sets the BF series apart is it's diversity in how you play the game. Want to fly? No problem. Want to be a tank commander? Have at it! Want to play a Blackhawk pilot to drop infantry off where they are needed most? You got the reins of it.

That's what I loved, and when the groundpounders complained enough, EA destroyed dogfights. I didn't mind the SAMs having those type of missiles because the SAMs were woefully inaccurate, but the fighters? No.

I'll check those patch notes out Stubee. Thanks. Karma to yous!
latinolink
plop plop flop flop
+11|6657|west liberty IA

Jewbat wrote:

Well as for the guy in the first post, I'm not "GTFO" by the way. Considering that I had some of the most fun in dogfights (Good pilots don't fly in circles, just a little information for you) that lasted a while. Maps like Dalian Plant and Omar (I think that was the one with the Arabs and the off shore cruiser base for the Americans) were amazing because there were many obstacles to use to dodge the enemy. Besides, if people just flew in circles (Like my clan leader, which I told him repeatedly NOT to do), they were easy to take down. Just aim ahead of them, and let your guns rip.

I just dislike how the missiles became God-like and the fighters and bombers turned into 'one use planes.'

Also, I love Squad play, but if I want that I can go to another game. If I just want a game where it's mainly infantry, there are many, many games out there that offer it. What sets the BF series apart is it's diversity in how you play the game. Want to fly? No problem. Want to be a tank commander? Have at it! Want to play a Blackhawk pilot to drop infantry off where they are needed most? You got the reins of it.

That's what I loved, and when the groundpounders complained enough, EA destroyed dogfights. I didn't mind the SAMs having those type of missiles because the SAMs were woefully inaccurate, but the fighters? No.

ground pounders still complin but thats why there is infantry only severs... now they complain about hacks....
JoshP
Banned
+176|5689|Notts, UK

Jewbat wrote:

I'm not "GTFO" by the way.
erm wat
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6287|eng

latinolink wrote:

Jewbat wrote:

ground pounders still complin but thats why there is infantry only severs... now they complain about hacks....
You wouldn't classify yourself as a ground pounder?
#rekt
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6591|Reisterstown, MD

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

Spawn some where else then rookie.
Icleos
+101|6743

latinolink wrote:

now they complain about hacks....
You don't think that's a legitimate complaint?
Did you miss all the posts about player's accounts getting pid spoofed?
blacklupus
+13|6691

Mint Sauce wrote:

You wouldn't classify yourself as a ground pounder?
He'd rather qualify as a pound grounder.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5682

JoshP wrote:

Jewbat wrote:

erm wat
He's not getting the fuck out.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5689|Notts, UK

phishman420 wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Jewbat wrote:

erm wat
He's not getting the fuck out.
i thought he took "GTFO" to be a noun, lol
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699

Longbow wrote:

Hakei wrote:

It was 550M.
750M.

kthxbia.
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6521|Polish state of EU

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Hakei wrote:

It was 550M.
750M.

kthxbia.
1337M
Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine

12/f/taiwan wrote:

750M.

kthxbia.
O'rly? I'm pretty much sure it was 650m, atleast thats what I remember.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699

Longbow wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

750M.

kthxbia.
O'rly? I'm pretty much sure it was 650m, atleast thats what I remember.
Yeah, although it was pretty hard to play if you were a certain team on a certain map.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6439|King Of The Islands

I remember when you could store AA missiles in the flames
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Laika
+75|5944

Cheez wrote:

I remember when you could store AA missiles in the flames
Oh so like, get a missile to fly in circles around a burning tower until a jet comes along? I wasn't around during those days, I was a demo noob back then.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard