Might get laid off in the next 6-12 months8%8% - 6
Certain to go, its a matter of time now11%11% - 8
Total: 70
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6579|sWEEDen

blademaster wrote:

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi wrote:

Producing parts to the carindustry doens´t really seem that futureproof for the moment....
k for now looking for a new one
I hope that I can keep my job...have been doing this since I was 17 (12 years...dang....I´m getting old...) but atm I doesn´t looke very good, they just sacked 25 employes out of 400 soo things are starting to go downhill. Well I guess I could always get back into the thc/contraband buisness for real again, hehe....
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6278|eng
Yeah, work in a large supermarket, will be safe. So will my parents.
#rekt
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina
I'm safe...   People apparently always need cleaning chemicals.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6446|The Twilight Zone
All ladders we have are extremely unstable. But if my over-weight co-worker manages, I will too.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Rosse_modest
+76|6768|Antwerp, Flanders
I work in a petroleum lab. It's pretty secure for the near future. A little too secure if you ask me, heaps and heaps of work. This little financial crisis is welcome as the workload's become a little more doable now.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5973|Toronto
I'm gone within a week, I bet. Painting FTL.

No -one paints their houses in the winter, and no-one paints their house when there's no cash around.

At least I have contacts for other jobs.
I like pie.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5673
Nothing to do on Friday--didn't work.

Nothing to do today--probably not going to work.

JahManRed
wank
+646|6620|IRELAND

Ok for now.
I design house that ppl aren't buying. Still enough on for the next few months. Next year is going to be tough.
too_money2007
+145|6300|Keller, Tx
Pretty good, IMO... or, atleast that's what the CFO tells us. Everyone needs their aggregates to build everything, so we're set. www.hanson.com
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6118|So Cal
I maintain my Company's website, and design all their mailing material. Print and Web. Seems "Pretty safe" as they need me and I'm the only one to do that. It also helps that the previous before me was crappy at doing all that. But you never know... with the market fluctuating like crazy.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5924|CA
Pretty safe.  Terrorists only attacked me once this week.
BVC
+325|6688
My job depends on the building industry to a degree, so I'll wait and see.  I'm not the last on however, so won't be the first off, plus theres a few people in my department who will take voluntary redundancy if offered.  Reasonably safe.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6485|Connecticut
I work for an insurance company in the legal department. My company (which will remain unnamed but you have most likely heard of it) has a list of clientel ranging from municipal police agencies, retail companies, civilian law enforcement, universities and more. We write standard operating policy and procedure methods so businesses and agencies don't get sued. My specific job is to oversee outgoing policies in the late stages to ensure there are no loopholes and to develop alternative plans with contingencies if there are any. If one of our procedures is ever found with fault, resulting in a civil litigation with an imminent chance of being unlawful I usually have to travel to diagnose and investigate why something went wrong and sometimes to testify in court. I also do a lot of consultation work as well as training those effected by our policies.

My job is relatively safe, I believe.

Note: One cool thing about my job is that I get to see some pretty neat technology due to the fact that we deal with MIOG a lot and that it has to do with how we develop policies refraining from intruding on peoples rights. You would be very surprised what is legal and what is not as well as the capabilities that some companies have to gather intelligence.
Malloy must go
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire
Pretty safe... I decided to take an offer of a PHD in which I get paid to study instead of looking for work in a choppy financial climate. I have been told that the funding for my study has been ring-fenced for the next four years.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6354|Vancouver
Circuit City is the parent company of my employer, but I am not concerned. We are the only profitable branch of CC, and are likely to be sold off to another company as they liquidate their assets. Most likely, my job is safe. However, I am going to California early next year for a new job, so the point is moot anyway.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard