Dilligas
+6|6824
Yep...come play with me, will help you with your lame tactics...do us all a favor and stick with quake, better yet maybe pong.

https://webpages.charter.net/thewolfs333/blog/screen038.jpg
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6869|Australia

Dilligas wrote:

Yep...come play with me, will help you with your lame tactics...do us all a favor and stick with quake, better yet maybe pong.

http://webpages.charter.net/thewolfs333 … een038.jpg
um why complain about bunny hopping? it helps you stay alive...
Dilligas
+6|6824
ummm...it's stupid, looks lame, and shows that you can not hit anyone with out it and a m204?  Glad if you get points doing it..I personal just think it's lame.
FunKz
+1|6823|Melbourne, Australia

kontrolcrimson wrote:

It shows that you have no infantry skill........cant fight one on one so you'd have to abuse something that should have been fixed in 1.03.

Go sit in a tank or some sort of vehicle, leave the grunt work to the real fighters.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6824|The Hague, Holland
I see no real harm in it. Never lost a battle with it. I will quit with it when they put jumping in some sort of endurance bar *like Call of Duty*
ex0331
+-2|6839
bunny hopping.. i dont see the problem in doing what it takes to stay alive. so if you lay down and peek around a wall and fire and move back behind a wall and hide are you a wall whore now.no, your hiding behind the wall to stay alive.  me personally i dont do it but at the same time.IT"S A GAME. who cares. just play and have fun.if your not having fun. go to another server or take a break and play another game.
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6820|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Historically, infantry tactics are constantly changing. So I wouldn't say that it "shows that you have no infantry skill". 200 years ago it was the manly and proper way to battle by standing in lines and firing at each other (no ducking or using cover either). It was war in the style of gentlemen. Obviously troops today do not just stand up and wait for the bullets to fly. They wear armor, they use cover, they will stay in cover and try not to expose themselves so that they don't die.

Any game that has respawning discourages saving your own life. You take greater risks than you otherwise would. This is good because it speeds up the game, making it fun. Bunny hopping is a reaction to putting yourself in a very exposed situation. To eliminate hopping like this will slow down play because people will either be more careful, or just die.

Personally, I've never been a total bunny hopping n00b tuber, but I will use a jump or two if i stumble across an enemy in close quaters. I don't care if they hop or not because I usually kill them before I land from a second jump (after which I typically go prone).

We should just deal with it by getting good at killing them while they hop, negating the tactic. I really like your idea of hunting the bunny wabbits. ;P

Last edited by Gilgalad (2005-10-07 01:58:42)

YoBabysDaddy
+31|6866|St. Louis, MO
If I could jump around like an idiot to avoid, damage why not.It's a tactic as old as FPS.I don't have a problem with it.They just die looking silly.
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6874
i dont get it. you DO lose stamina when you jump... how is this even possible?
Guruz
Sir
+20|6880|government yard in trenchtown.
Am I a pathetic person too, I'm doing the opposite (always going prone when firing unless it's a close combat) ?

But yes, I agree that you should be able to jump a maximum of 5 jumps in 10 seconds or something.
thinner44
+1|6852
I personally don't do it, and sometimes get a little frustrated with those that do, but all in all, it's just another tactic... adapt and find ways to kill.

As for "It shows that you have no infantry skill........cant fight one on one so you'd have to abuse something that should have been fixed in 1.03.
Go sit in a tank or some sort of vehicle, leave the grunt work to the real fighters" c/o FunKz. It must be really nice to be soooooooooo good that you can now tell others how to play the GAME.. which is what it is, a game.

I don't know how much others paid for their game, but I paid £35.00. I wouldn't mind if those that criticise others on their tactics had something constructive to offer, but they don't, they just criticise/whine/whinge/complain.... gee, I think I'm having a bad day, this guy has really got to me
voltage
+46|6882|Sweden
It kinda wrecks the gaming experience by looking so silly, especially when ppl manage to jumping while being prone so that you're shooting at a horisontal body jumping up and down.
r00fus
+2|6834
you just get mad at bunny hoppers because you usually can't kill them, and ultimately they end up killing you.
wfrog
+1|6834
they gay part is when you get bunnyhoppers who use aimbots.. now thats a lame ass deal. last nite got this guy using aimbots and bonny hopping spawn camping. this dude in no way can easily kill 7 ppl in a row while bunnyhopping, you can see him turn instantly to fire on the next that would spawn. they really need to crack down on those hackers.. PB doesnt work as intended trust me.. even saw this same guy in a tank do it.. 60 secs after the game started his tank was at the rear of the enemy lines taking the main base.. no friggin way he made it that far in a tank in one minute.. then insta-killing new spawns with a tank.. A TANK!! i cant even turn the turret that fast let alone see in 360 view at a spawn point.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6827|Perth, Western Australia
People that do it with the m203 annoy me, but otherwise its ok
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6823
i think they just need to make it so that you can't shoot while jumping...problem solved
voltage
+46|6882|Sweden
Yeah, that would be the best solution, ||BFA||xZeler8.
Divine_Madcat
+0|6821
Agreed- there is no way you should be able to accuratly shoot the noob-tube while leaping and going prone in the air.. it just makes no sense...
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6882|Scotland!
OK
[noob] What is bunny-hopping?[/noob]
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6869|Australia

FunKz wrote:

kontrolcrimson wrote:

It shows that you have no infantry skill........cant fight one on one so you'd have to abuse something that should have been fixed in 1.03.

Go sit in a tank or some sort of vehicle, leave the grunt work to the real fighters.
im medic alot now, its the besst way to stay alive while keeping the noob tubers like yourself alive.....
you cant shoot while jumping, so i do it to get to the fallen alive and a little faster. i dont go prone mid air i just jump to were im going, even under fire

Last edited by kontrolcrimson (2005-10-07 10:19:14)

thinner44
+1|6852

wfrog wrote:

they gay part is when you get bunnyhoppers who use aimbots.. now thats a lame ass deal. last nite got this guy using aimbots and bonny hopping spawn camping. this dude in no way can easily kill 7 ppl in a row while bunnyhopping, you can see him turn instantly to fire on the next that would spawn. they really need to crack down on those hackers.. PB doesnt work as intended trust me.. even saw this same guy in a tank do it.. 60 secs after the game started his tank was at the rear of the enemy lines taking the main base.. no friggin way he made it that far in a tank in one minute.. then insta-killing new spawns with a tank.. A TANK!! i cant even turn the turret that fast let alone see in 360 view at a spawn point.
Aimbots ?? AM I missing something here, is that why when I unload a full clip on a bunny hopper, he rolls over in mid air and one single shot and I'm a gonner?

pssst, tank turret can turn pretty fast if you up the sensitivity to max... I know, I've done it. (the sensitivity bit, not the spwan camp/kill)
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6828|Bulgaria
I HATE bunny hopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand it!
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6882|Scotland!

Locarno wrote:

OK
[noob] What is bunny-hopping?[/noob]
question still stands.

ANd i've played for 40-50 hours now.  Not been killed by a "noob tube" once, and not seen this "bunny hopping" thing either.
Glock22
+0|6819
I hate bunny hopping as well.  I hate it mainly when all you see is this person bunny hopping in front of you and then bam, M203 or GP30 death.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6879

kontrolcrimson wrote:

Dilligas wrote:

http://webpages.charter.net/thewolfs333 … een038.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard