Overdose
+13|6131|Fort Worth, TX
I help making a airfilter for my Antec 900. i have 3 intakes. Two in the front, and one on the side. I thinking to use those spandex stockings that my mom wears. I need help on how to make those fit my case.
To warn you all the Antec 900 is a decent case, you get what you pay from. Good for airflow, bad in the long term.
Brasso
+1,549|6646

Bad in the long term how?  And yes you will need those filters, it has so much airflow that it gathers dust very fast.  Just cut the stockings to size and screw the screws through them, along with the fans...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Overdose
+13|6131|Fort Worth, TX
I meant in the long term it gets dusty.
Yeah i try that now what you said
Ryan
+1,230|6859|Alberta, Canada

Pantyhose on your computer. Genius.
CrazeD
+368|6689|Maine
In the RC world, those work great for pre-air filters.

Just cut a square a little bigger than the fan, take the fan off, put over front of fan (against the mesh) and then poke holes through and screw it in. Make sure it's tight though.

Doesn't the Antec 900 already have fan filters on the front though?
Overdose
+13|6131|Fort Worth, TX
lol the Antec 900 doesn't have fan filters which makes it decent case, not a good one.
And what do you mean "in the RC world."
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6169|what

Replace the stockings regularly. They will probably trap dust\skins cells within the fibre and close up before long.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
CrazeD
+368|6689|Maine

Overdose wrote:

lol the Antec 900 doesn't have fan filters which makes it decent case, not a good one.
RC = remote control. I used to have a Nitro powered RC truck, and on the forum I went to, it was common to use pantyhose as a pre-filter on the air intake.

And that's stupid that the Antec 900 doesn't have a fan filter, since the Antec 300 does.
Defiance
+438|6687

CrazeD wrote:

Overdose wrote:

RC = remote control. I used to have a Nitro powered RC truck, and on the forum I went to, it was common to use pantyhose as a pre-filter on the air intake.

And that's stupid that the Antec 900 doesn't have a fan filter, since the Antec 300 does.
900 is overrated, but it's not bad.

That said, I did the same thing. I had a truck and buggy and pantyhose make good makeshift filters on the cheap.
Overdose
+13|6131|Fort Worth, TX
Yeah... the pantyhose filter did not work out, so i use bounty paper towels! I folded them in half and cut them to size. Now i have a hissing sound coming from the fans. Woo! To lazy to fix it!
Defiance
+438|6687

Overdose wrote:

Yeah... the pantyhose filter did not work out, so i use bounty paper towels! I folded them in half and cut them to size. Now i have a hissing sound coming from the fans. Woo! To lazy to fix it!
Paper towels probably block too much air, thus the hissing sound. A filter isn't so important as to cut all airflow.
CrazeD
+368|6689|Maine

Overdose wrote:

Good job, the fans are now completely useless.

Quit being lazy and go buy a 2$ filter.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6782|Cambridge (UK)

CrazeD wrote:

Overdose wrote:

Or some $1 pantyhose.
Overdose
+13|6131|Fort Worth, TX

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Overdose wrote:

Show me were i can buy some fan filters for my computer. That will be very helpful!

Or some $1 pantyhose.
lol my mom had $0.33 pantyhose but the mesh was not thick enough for me. Anyway the pantyhose fan filter did not work out.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6782|Cambridge (UK)

Overdose wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Show me were i can buy some fan filters for my computer. That will be very helpful!

Or some $1 pantyhose.
lol my mom had $0.33 pantyhose but the mesh was not thick enough for me. Anyway the pantyhose fan filter did not work out.
Why?

Just go and buy some.
Overdose
+13|6131|Fort Worth, TX
i need that $2 filter Crazed is talking about.
Volatile
+252|6720|Sextupling in Empire

Open your case and spray with compressed air once every 3 months.

Problem solved(unless your house is filthy and there is more dust inside then out.

Also, this may be a hassle if you have your case tucked away in one of those crap computer desks with the cubby hole.
Brasso
+1,549|6646

Defiance wrote:

Overdose wrote:

Paper towels probably block too much air, thus the hissing sound. A filter isn't so important as to cut all airflow.
Yeah, what's wrong with the pantyhose?  That should have been perfect.  Maybe coffee filters would work (find ones as thin as possible).
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6748|St. Andrews / Oslo

get a P182
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
CrazeD
+368|6689|Maine
Coffee filters sure as hell aren't going to work; they filter water, not air.

Fan filters are ridiculously cheap, it's really not worth the hassle when you can just buy one.
Overdose
+13|6131|Fort Worth, TX

CrazeD wrote:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999208
Where the hell am i going to put those filters. Will they even fit the Antec 900?
CrazeD
+368|6689|Maine

Overdose wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999208
Where the hell am i going to put those filters. Will they even fit the Antec 900?
They attach to your fan. It will fit on any case fan as long as its either 80mm (first link) or 120mm (second link).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard