DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

lowing wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081117/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama;_ylt=AoOb27vqX5mveFjkMF77beLLLJ94

This is great Obama will surround himself with corrupt politicians from Chicago. All of our problems are solved.
So?

Wouldn't you, if you ran for office and were to select a "cabinet" of some sorts, choose people that you've worked with before and who you trust? Also, why do you treat Obamas presidency as an apocalyptic event?
I need around tree fiddy.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526

usmarine wrote:

no, but he didnt improve it one bit.
In case you hadn't noticed I did not mention Obama in any of my posts. What do I know about his impact on South Chicago?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

well he is the savior of the world........you should know these things.

oh, and the thread is about obama, not cams travel guide.  minor issue though.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-11-17 06:16:35)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire
Who does Obama think he is selecting people he knows from his own political area for his cabinet and close advisors... has no one told him that once you're in the office of US President it is mandatory to surround yourself with war profiteers, hawks and Zionists (well at least he got 1 out of 3).
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6616

Dilbert_X wrote:

Oh crap, and everyone in Chicago is black!

But srsly, McDuhbya lost, get over it.
nah Chicago is awsm!!!
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6267|Bloomington Indiana

CameronPoe wrote:

Chicago
Clean
Great Architecture
Chicago Insitute of Art
Field Museum
Whitesox
Cubs
Bears
Bulls
Soldier Field
Sears Tower
Adler Planetarium
Yachts
Shedd Aquarium
Hancock Center
Wrigley Building
Pizza Pie
The Blues
The El
Lake Michigan
The Magnificent Mile
Hot sunny summers
Beaches
Shopping
Theatre
Al Capone heritage
Art Deco
Class
you forgot the Hot Diggity Dogs stand on Ohio and Fairbanks...epic

plus a chicago politician would be just fine in the white house...
chicago politics may be corrupt, but it gets shit done
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
He picks experienced people who can help him do his job, lowing bitches.

If he picked unexperienced people, lowing would still bitch saying that they have no idea how Washington works, probably throw in one of his self accountability lines, etc.

Can't win tbh.

Tell me lowing - who do you propose he picks exactly?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Poseidon wrote:

If he picked unexperienced people, lowing would still bitch saying that they have no idea how Washington works, probably throw in one of his self accountability lines, etc.

Can't win tbh.

Bush.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire

Poseidon wrote:

Can't win tbh.

Unless Obama cures cancer, brings peace to the Middle East and solves the world's financial and energy problems lowing will bitch.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD

Schwarzelungen wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Chicago
Clean
Great Architecture
Chicago Insitute of Art
Field Museum
Whitesox
Cubs
Bears
Bulls
Soldier Field
Sears Tower
Adler Planetarium
Yachts
Shedd Aquarium
Hancock Center
Wrigley Building
Pizza Pie
The Blues
The El
Lake Michigan
The Magnificent Mile
Hot sunny summers
Beaches
Shopping
Theatre
Al Capone heritage
Art Deco
Class
you forgot the Hot Diggity Dogs stand on Ohio and Fairbanks...epic

plus a chicago politician would be just fine in the white house...
chicago politics may be corrupt, but it gets shit done
I think he forgot the Navy Pier

I visited Chicago in June, it was pretty wicked awsm. If I could transplant it onto the coast of California I'd move there.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
pilebomb
+8|6090
Obama promised Mayor Daley the Olympics for his support, that's how he became prez-elect.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6461|Menlo Park, CA

CameronPoe wrote:

Chicago

Clean
Great Architecture
Chicago Insitute of Art
Field Museum
Whitesox
Cubs
Bears
Bulls
Soldier Field
Sears Tower
Adler Planetarium
Yachts
Shedd Aquarium
Hancock Center
Wrigley Building
Pizza Pie
The Blues
The El
Lake Michigan
The Magnificent Mile
Hot sunny summers
Beaches
Shopping
Theatre
Al Capone heritage
Art Deco
Class
Its a great city no doubt, but not the best. . . . . . Keep in mind you are still in the midwest, and the midwest is kind of a toilet.  Maybe I have a bias, I am only 30mins south of San Francisco.  San Fran is great but its dirty, bums are everywhere, and too many liberals/homo's for anyone to really want in such a small city.  Not that I hate homosexuals (my cousin is a lesbian), its just in SF its "over the top" if that makes any sense.

LA, Fresno and Sacramento are ALL dumps!!! San Diego and San Francisco are the only towns worth spending "real" time in.  LA has SOME really cool spots but its really crowded and full of idiots.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Poseidon wrote:

Can't win tbh.

I dunno. puhaps a cabinent NOT made up of politicians from a known corrupt and crooked city?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Can't win tbh.

I dunno. puhaps a cabinent NOT made up of politicians from a known corrupt and crooked city?
But no proof they're corrupt. Yes? No?

Every major city from the US is corrupt in one way or another. To generalize that all politicians from said city are corrupt is frankly, well....grasping at straws. That's like saying Bobby Jindal is corrupt because he's the Governor of Lousiana which holds New Orleans which is corrupt.

If McCain was elected and picked Rudy Giuliani (who's way more likely to be corrupt than anybody Obama's picked) for a cabinet position I bet you'd have been fine with it.

Do you really think the republican party is full of angels or something? C'mon.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-11-17 18:26:59)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Can't win tbh.

But no proof they're corrupt. Yes? No?

Every major city from the US is corrupt in one way or another. To generalize that all politicians from said city are corrupt is frankly, well....grasping at straws. That's like saying Bobby Jindal is corrupt because he's the Governor of Lousiana which holds New Orleans which is corrupt.

If McCain was elected and picked Rudy Giuliani (who's way more likely to be corrupt than anybody Obama's picked) for a cabinet position I bet you'd have been fine with it.

Do you really think the republican party is full of angels or something? C'mon.
Nope, I don't

But Chicago corruption is as much set in historical fact as is SF liberalism.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Politics and corruption go back further than Chicago and corruption.  They go way back...they went to preschool together.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-11-17 18:33:33)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

lowing wrote:

Nope, I don't
/thread

Then there's nothing further than that. The entire topic is based on completely unwarranted speculation based on the fact that Chicago has been a corrupt city in the past. Obviously his choices are going to be heavily vetted...do you think he's just going to pick some guy he was pals with back in Chicago? Yes, he might be friendly and have good relationships with some of the people he's picked, but that doesn't mean they weren't thoroughly checked out beforehand.

I mean, you know, republicans are so innocent from that anywa---oh wait..
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
It's O-Day -63 and he's already an god damned dirty failure.  Thanks for confirming all our worst fears, lowing.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope, I don't
/thread

Then there's nothing further than that. The entire topic is based on completely unwarranted speculation based on the fact that Chicago has been a corrupt city in the past. Obviously his choices are going to be heavily vetted...do you think he's just going to pick some guy he was pals with back in Chicago? Yes, he might be friendly and have good relationships with some of the people he's picked, but that doesn't mean they weren't thoroughly checked out beforehand.

Actually some things can be said further.

His "buddy list" was/is full of highly questionable characters ( to say the least) to say the most it was full of terrorists, racists, and felons.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

lowing wrote:

His "buddy list" was/is full of highly questionable characters ( to say the least) to say the most it was full of terrorists, racists, and felons.
Out him lowing, out him for the evil America-hater that he is!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

lowing wrote:

Hardly the sort of crowd Bush or McCain would hang around...

Palin is a saint in comparison.

Last edited by TheAussieReaper (2008-11-17 18:43:11)

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

lowing wrote:

Out him lowing, out him for the evil America-hater that he is!
Can't, democracy in action prevails. This time around the voting booths were flooded with people who think Obama is their meal ticket.

Last edited by lowing (2008-11-17 18:43:01)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope, I don't
/thread

You mean guy-who-he-served-on-a-school-board-with-to-help-urban-Chicago-schools-and-had-no-real-relationship-with Bill Ayers is in his cabinet?

Onoz!

Again, no proof. Offer some proof the people in his cabinet have radical and corrupt ties and maybe this discussion can get going, but until then you've got nothing.

You remind me of this guy:

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

/thread

You mean guy-who-he-served-on-a-school-board-with-to-help-urban-Chicago-schools-and-had-no-real-relationship-with Bill Ayers is in his cabinet?

Onoz!

Again, no proof. Offer some proof the people in his cabinet have radical and corrupt ties and maybe this discussion can get going, but until then you've got nothing.

You remind me of this guy:

Without even looking, Hilary Clinton and White Water, now gunna be Secratary of State?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Say what you want about her, but even a lot of Republicans I've been hearing think she's a good choice.

Although I'd much prefer Chuck Hagel.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard