Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6625|London, England
Rapper Kanye West has criticised paparazzi photographers after he was briefly arrested following an incident at a Newcastle nightclub.
"Right now, the paps are above the law and the people who they shoot are below it," he wrote on his official website.
West added: "Let us not forget that the paps killed Princess Diana. When will there be a law passed... that someone has to ask to take a photograph of you? That would seem like common courtesy.

"What should be illegal is pictures taken with the intent to sell - like drugs with the intent to sell."

"I am not a celebrity," he continued.

"I am a normal person that's just famous. I refuse to sneak in and out of back doors and kitchens of hotels."
All I'll say is, QFT.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7732120.stm

I, for one, am sick of the media thinking they're above the fucking law. They have become so powerful that they are these days, I know we talk about how the rich/famous can also be above the law, but the media are worse. I hate how they can just do whatever they want without repurcussions, and if anyone says anything, they'll cry into their "free speech, don't censor the media" crap. And I really don't like how Murdoch is such a powerful man in the UK and the US, he is pure fucking evil yet he has so much power.

Hopefully more people can get their message out through responsible media outlets and take on the media instead of trying to please them. Cos it's getting to the point where it's too much bullshit.

Like the Max Mosely case, they basically infringed on his privacy, and then made up a story about how he's role playing as a fucking Nazi. Shit like that can destroy careers and lives. Yet they get off free just cos they're the media. I mean honestly, how fucking legal can photographing someone whilst hiding in a tree without their knowledge/permission be? Fuck that. They think they're just exercising their rights, but last time I checked, photographing people without permission and shit like that sounds more like secret police shit to me, the total opposite.

And don't even get me started on how the media have destroyed sports in this country

It's almost unbelievable that the media have so much power, they need to be reigned in but everything is going in the opposite direction.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6746|FUCK UBISOFT

I would agree with him, but he's a douchebag.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6409|North Carolina
I definitely support more restrictions on paparazzi.

I also support more protections for people who are suspected of crimes but not yet convicted.  The Duke Lacrosse team rape trial was a perfect example of how the media can ruin someone's reputation without the person having actually committed any crimes.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6451|Chicago, IL

Miggle wrote:

SealXo
+309|6540

Miggle wrote:

and his lyrics suck he just takes cool beats from other songs and that makes them okay.
jsnipy
+3,276|6527|...

Cool. Arrested in England? Please keep him.

edit: He does have a point, too bad its muddled by his douchebagishness

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-11-16 10:53:17)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6458|The Twilight Zone

jsnipy wrote:

You don't like his copied songs?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6527|...

.Sup wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

You don't like his copied songs?
I like rap in general, just not his attitude.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6746|FUCK UBISOFT

SealXo wrote:

Miggle wrote:

and his lyrics suck he just takes cool beats from other songs and that makes them okay.
Stronger pissed the shit out of me. When it was popular all the kids at my school were obsessed with the part that was Harder Better Faster Stronger and they thought Kanye was a god for making that... Not to mention he feels like it's his own, he's not even willing to perform it in daytime because it's so special to him.

what a faggot.
Turquoise
O Canada
Kanye stole from Daft Punk?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6746|FUCK UBISOFT

Turquoise wrote:

Kanye's Stronger is Daft Punk's Harder Better Faster Stronger with a bunch of shitty rap added to it...
Turquoise
O Canada

Miggle wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Kanye's Stronger is Daft Punk's Harder Better Faster Stronger with a bunch of shitty rap added to it...
Oh that fucker should die...  from an attack by shiny robots with blinking lights! 

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-11-16 11:02:20)

SealXo
+309|6540

Miggle wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

"i wonder"'s only cool parts are the origional from labi siffre's "My Life".
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

i want him to die.  seriously.  just die.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6605|132 and Bush

Through the wire was good. Then he became a douche.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5706|College Park, MD
fucking moron

http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/? … 808_-1__0_

I am  sick of negative  people who just sit around trying 2 plot my downfall... Why????  I understand if people don't like me because I like me or if people think tight clothes look gay or people say I run my mouth to much,  But this Bonnaroo thing is the worst insult I've ever had in my life. This is the most offended I've ever been... this is the maddest I ever will be.  I'm typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air!!!!!!!!   Call me any name you want.... arrogant, conceited, narcissistic, racist, metro, fag whatever you can think of....  BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL!   NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL!  THIS SHOWS NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY  TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING THERE WILL BE PEOPLE THERE TO LIE ABOUT YOU AND BRING YOU DOWN!  LIKE WAYNE SAYS PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME DOWN CAUSE I'M FLYING!  I'M FUCKING HURT BY THIS ONE. ALL I CARE ABOUT ARE THE FANS.  JUST SAY THIS OUT LOUD IN  A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE, "KANYE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT GIVING A GOOD PERFORMANCE."  CAN ANYONE HONESTLY SAY THAT ?????????      HAS ANYONE EVEN TAKEN THE TIME TO AT LEAST  DO THE MATH???  BONNAROO SHOULD HAVE RELEASED A STATEMENT IN MY DEFENSE BUT SINCE THEY HAVEN'T LET'S BREAK DOWN THE WALLS ON THIS TRUMAN SHOW AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY OCCURRED!!!   FOR OVER A MONTH WE WENT BACK AND FORTH ON WETHER OR NOT WE COULD EVEN FIT MY STAGE AT THE FESTIVAL. ONE DAY THEY WOULD SAY YES... WE'D SEND THEM OUR SPECS THEN THEY THEY'D SAY OK... THEN THEY WOULD SEND SPECS BACK THAT DIDN'T FIT THE STAGE. WE WERE OBVIOUSLY DEALING WITH FUCKING IDIOTS WHO DIDN'T REALLY HAVE THE CAPACITY TO REALLY PUT ON THIS SHOW PROPERLY.  THEY TRIED 2 GIVE ME A TIME SLOT WERE IT WAS STILL LIGHT OUTSIDE ... I HAVE A FUCKING LIGHT SHOW DUMB ASS, IT'S NOT CALLED GLOW IN THE DARK FOR NO REASON SQUID BRAINS!  MY PEOPLE WORKED OUT A COMPROMISED STAGE PLOT AND A 3AM TIME SLOT AND I AGREED.   FAST FOWARD TO THE DAY OF THE SHOW. MY PRODUCTION MANAGER TRIED TO LOAD IN FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE I WENT ON STAGE BUT THE FESTIVAL WOULDN'T ALLOW US TO DO ANYTHING UNTILL PEARL JAM LEFT THE STAGE. PEARL JAM ENDED ONE HOUR 
LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AT THAT POINT WE'RE RACING AGAINST THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT 4:20AM DON COMES BACK 2 THE BUS AND TELLS ME, " IT  WOULD TAKE 45 MORE MINUTES TO PUT ALL YOUR PYRO IN!"  I SAY I HAVE TO GET OUT THERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE . I HIT THE STAGE AND PEOPLE HAD BEEN THROWING SHIT ON THE STAGE AND HAD ACTUALLY HIT THE JANE SCREEN WITH, I GUESS BOTTLES OR SOMETHING AND HAD BROKEN MY FUCKING SCREEN.  REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE A SHORTY AND WATER WOULD HIT THE TV??????  WHEN I GOT 2 "THROUGH THE WIRE" I STEPPED ON  THE FRONT PART OF MY STAGE AND THERE WAS SO MUCH LIQUID ON THE STAGE  I COULDN'T MOVE WITHOUT SLIPPING. I HAD TO ADJUST MY WHOLE PERFORMANCE STYLE BECAUSE OF IT.  A FEW MORE SONGS IN AND THE SONG WAS ON IT'S WAY UP.. I  CUT A FEW SONGS FROM THE SET BECAUSE  I  WANTED PEOPLE 2 EXPERIENCE STRONGER WHILE THERE WAS STILL SOME DARKNESS TO PERFORM IT IN.  I'VE STRUGGLED WITH STRONGER FROM IT'S   CONCEPTION. REMEMBER LAST SUMMER WHEN I CANCELED SOME TV APPEARANCES.  IT WAS BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO PERFORM STRONGER IN THE DAYTIME.  ANYONE WHO CAME TO THE GLOW TOUR CAN UNDERSTAND WHY I WANTED PEOPLE TO SEE IT PROPERLY. IT BROKE MY HEART THAT I COULDN'T GIVE THESE FANS STRONGER IN IT'S GREATEST FORM... BY THE TIME I GOT TO STRONGER IT WAS DAYTIME AND IT BROKE MY HEART.  I'M SORRY TO EVERYONE THAT I DIDN'T HAVE THE ABILITY 2 GIVE THE PERFORMANCE I WANTED TO. I'M SORRY...  SOMETIMES I GO 2, 3 DAYS W/O SLEEP WORKING ON MY PERFORMANCE... I HAVE TO ICE MY KNEES AFTER EVERY SHOW AND THEY HURT WHEN I WALK THROUGH THE AIRPORT... HAVING AN EXPENSIVE STAGE CUTS MY PAYDAY IN HALF... CALL ME WHAT YOU WANT BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL!!!
edit: fucking miggle already posted it

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2008-11-16 16:53:29)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6160|Vancouver | Canada
An utter moron talking about a bunch of emotionless assholes.

Wewt.

...But I do agree with him, somewhat.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6720
he seems like an arrogant douchebag... if you don't wan't people taking your picture... don't try to be famous... these star tards need the paps as much as they need them...  my friend saw Britney Spears leave a store and run to her car with paps taking pictures of her... she drove around the block and came back to get them to follow her... sad...lol
Love is the answer
twiistaaa
+87|6673|mexico
who cares what kanye is like or what he does. stick to the matter at hand.

i think he has a good point, i think permission should be asked first, but you can't stop people taking pictures of you, what if you take a picture of a beach? are you going to go down and ask everyone on the beach if it is cool for you to take the photo? what if you want to sell that photo? does everyone have to give consent?

i suppose the only way to argue that is there would have to be a degree of recognisability, such as 20 feet away without a zoom is the closest you can take a photo of someone for distribution without consent. who knows.
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6688
I Agree.

Famous or not the 'paps' have become a 'get rich at any cost' bunch of parasites and piranha.  I've seen pics where they are literally stopping traffic and other dangerous shit.  I say charge them with reckless endangerment among other things.  Bunch of fucking bloodsuckers, most either looking for the payday shot or a chance to sue.  We definitely need to add some 'loser pays' clauses to law suits as well.

Many famous people are idiots but it's gone too far.  Pretty soon you won't even get to 'see' someone famous because they'll just quit going out in public in order to avoid the hassle.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6685|Disaster Free Zone
The hypocrisy, complain about the photographers then buy the photos.

Complain about the photographers then use them to promote yourself.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6110|eXtreme to the maX
I once asked a journalist how he felt about being on the same team that killed Diana.
'Whu whu whu whu........"
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6160|Vancouver | Canada
Wait...I heard that if you take a picture of someone (with him/her being the focal point) and use it to make money without getting a signed release form from them, they can sue you.

If that's true, couldn't those poor little celebrities sue too?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6746|FUCK UBISOFT

DefCon-17 wrote:

Wait...I heard that if you take a picture of someone (with him/her being the focal point) and use it to make money without getting a signed release form from them, they can sue you.

doesn't apply to celebrities.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6636|949

Miggle wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

doesn't apply to celebrities.
Or anyone considered in the "public forum".

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard