Chikyuu Shoujo Arujuna
+42|6639|Norway

TigrisJK wrote:

My KPR with the sniper kit surpasses 12 by far these days. I've got a long time to make up for... for sitting around trying to find out what I liked to play most in the game... so my official KPR is still 9, but my longest kill STREAK is now at 37 (with all the weapons at my arsenal... rifle, pistol, claymores, knife... not just the rifle). I assume it's with a sniper kit, because that's pretty much all I play these days. My one before that was 22 (that I noticed), and that was definately with only the sniper and pistol.
you still got a KPH with a sniperrifle of 29, mine is at 52
mattrsch
Yeah, that thing I said
+18|6642|Ames, IA
As a chopper pilot, I like nothing more than when some random infantry joe starts poping rounds in the direction of my cobra.  You might as well be painting a giant arrow in your direction and standing below a giant easy target bilboard.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6655
3) SHOOT at choppers if you use an M95.  Doesn't matter if you can't hit the pilot, 1 M95 shot will take off 1.5 bars of a choppers life (0.75 of a transport chopper).  Hell, you may pull a lucky and actually hit the pilot.

Do that to me and you are a dead sniper. When I fly and I lose a little health I immediately think to my self, one dead sniper and one free point for me. I'm always coming back and taking you out.
Axeface
+0|6638
I just cant believe people are agreeing with this guy. Nubs tbh. 12 kills in a round is crap, sorry but it is. Listening to this guy is like taking bank robbing advice from a criminal, in prison.
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6795|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'

Chikyuu Shoujo Arujuna wrote:

TigrisJK wrote:

My KPR with the sniper kit surpasses 12 by far these days. I've got a long time to make up for... for sitting around trying to find out what I liked to play most in the game... so my official KPR is still 9, but my longest kill STREAK is now at 37 (with all the weapons at my arsenal... rifle, pistol, claymores, knife... not just the rifle). I assume it's with a sniper kit, because that's pretty much all I play these days. My one before that was 22 (that I noticed), and that was definately with only the sniper and pistol.
you still got a KPH with a sniperrifle of 29, mine is at 52
Yeah, nice job, tear other posters down with your 1 upmanship..BTW your nifty KPH? where is that Stat, or did you figure it out yourself because your spm difference with other posters didnt sound so great? Tigris, dont listen to this pompous jerk, this is the 3rd time he's done this.

who cares about spm/sph??????? We are NOT assault kit, med, supp, or even spec ops. We are snipes we dont care about scores.

OK, didnt say much before but....MAN! you sir, are an ARRogant ass.
Look that up in your English dictionary and smoke it!

Last edited by [GDC]SinnFein (2006-03-04 14:05:11)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6673|NT, like Mick Dundee

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

Sorry dude, but this is a bad guide.

As a sniper your job is not to get as many points as possible and run around. Your job is one of disruption to the enemy and a spotter.

If you can get the enemy trying to avoid your fire or looking for you and distracting them for your team who will soon kill them.

I'll give you an example, today I was a sniper on (as USMC) wake 2007.. i'd parked myself on the beach to the NW of the NW base looking toward the NE base. I sat prone at just the edge of the soldier draw distance and acted as a spotter for enemy troops and snipers, I never got spotted once..  because a person typically thinks ah, enemy snipers will be trying to hide in that grass or somesuch (which is 99% of the time true). I got a good number of kills and kill assists and my team capture the NE flag as well as the NW flag.

Later on the Chinese side captured the NW flag, I then proceeded to move into the grass to the west of that flag and acted as a spotter for my team and killed whatever clean shots I got. We proceeded to capture all flags.

Moral of this story is, you run around as a sniper then you may as well not be a sniper. Infact, PLEASE run around as a sniper. It makes you an easy target for me.
You have a camouflaged suit for a reason.

At the end of that round I walked away with the silver star (bloody commander git got gold), about 100 points, 36 kills and 2 deaths. (the deaths were from the enemy commander dropping artillery on me, you know you're good when you're singled out for artillery)

On the other stuff, you only move when you're sure no one is around and the battle has moved to another part of the map, when you hear bullets whizzing by or when you see a pattern of troops moving in your direction. (by use of UAV)

You only shoot at choppers with the M95 when they're smoking and you're sure no enemy troops are nearby. You're just giving away your position otherwise.
Older brother plays like that...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS
This topic has become a waterhole for braggers.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6771

Apparently it is an innate skill to get maxium kills with the Sniper kit in BF2... at least that's what everyone makes it seem like with all their "I could've told you that" posts and their "Your SPM sucks why you writing guides" replies. It's quite funny.
Doctuh
+6|6654

capt.flam wrote:

guys, our 2nd BF2 player, TAfirestorm has played most as a sniper.
good guide
Yes, but his sniper rifle is the tank cannon

Nyte, top kills per round is not that helpful if you are getting top deaths per round too, flags don't mean much beyond positioning, kills are what matters, a sniper that goes 12-1 is more valuable than a sniper that caps two flags but goes 20-15. Looks like this guide is more general purpose than about being a sniper. The kit grabbing and using armor/jets is good for any kit, and your sniper specific advice is mostly incorrect, except the claymore stuff.
Kuban_Khaos
+2|6631|Menifee, Ca, 92584
Here is a 3 good sniping spots that Trobow and Nyte talk about . You need patience and good timing.  This is one of those well contested spots that you need to use Trobows rule on shooting which is "One Shot, One Kill".

The first map is Songhua Stalemate at the West Perimeter there is a Heli pad there and next to it by the road is a containment trailer with steps on the right when looking at it from the Heli pad. Lay prone on top of it a watch enemies walk by. They are so worried about laying land mines and watching for enemies that they dont even notice that some one is right next to them. If you miss on the first shot 90% of the time they will look for the sniper in the trees and in a bush. I have even had a enemy tank hide next to me at eye level with him with out him knowing.

The second spot is in Dragon Valley at the Construction Site. Look for a trailer that is in between the Site and the Surveillance Point near the open fence hole next to the road. There are steps leading to the fake door on the trailer. Lay prone there and snipe unsuspecting enemies. Again if you miss the first shot, they will only think that it is coming from either the construction building, the wall at the S. Point, or from the crane. As soon as they run for cover and lay prone to peak the corner., Bean them in the head. Make sure to aim for their helmet if you are far to make up for the "Bullet Drop".

The third is in Dragon Valley on the USMC Carrier (You have to be China for this to work). Go to the Refinery and grab the Z-8 Transport (The big, heavy, slow, helicopter). I may be slow but it does get you pretty high, pretty fast. Before leaving the Refinery get to at least 200 ft/yrd in the air so that when you leave by the time you get half way you are high enough that planes will not get a lock if they fly by and dont see you. Get over to the USMC Carries and jump out **WARNING: DO NOT PULL YOUR PARACHUTE AS SOON AS YOU JUMP OR  YOU WILL BE SPOTTED**. If you look all the way down and turn the mouse, you can fall in the direction you look at. Manuver yourself to the back of the Carrier near the second Turret Gun. Pull the parachute as close as you can to the floor and run to the side nearest land. climb the stairs and post on either level and wait for a copter to spawn. Here is the trick. Plant claymores to watch your back and with the M95 in hand shoot only when you get two people in the copter. shoot the pilot first(so he doesn't take off) then the gunner. After that they figure out that you are on the ship you got 15 seconds until they spawn to find you. Snipe smart for the next 12 seconds at unsuspecting enemies as they try to take off in the copter. After that have some fun and shoot anything that moves.

The Third spot is not a great idea but it gives your side a good heads up to spot the copters and the planes before they even take off. Also make sure that when you are spotted to never return to the spot until you get to a different server. The person inthe server who killed you will 95% of the time go back to see if you are there for a free sitting duck. I am not a sniping expert and these notes are not the key to sniping but only my experiance this is just what I have experienced so far.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6657|South Korea.
Theres a few good tactics in here, such as swapping kits, dropping amo, and swapping back again, but other than that this is the worst guide ever.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard