Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6585|King Of The Islands

Noobeater wrote:

TSI wrote:

But...what if Endeavor's heat shield fails too? Uh-oh!
Then these guys step into the breach.

Hell yeah, motherfucker!
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6684|Long Island, New York

Kmarion wrote:

Kung Jew wrote:

Just spoke with a colleague on site.  I might just have to go and see this launch.  Never seen one before.  I get goose bumps thinking about the feeling that hits your chest when the rockets fire...

KJ
Make sure you pay attention to the date. It was just postponed. "..no sooner than Oct. 14 "
http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/08 … edule.html
I wish I had NASA TV so I could watch it in Hi-Def.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6747|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Kung Jew wrote:

Just spoke with a colleague on site.  I might just have to go and see this launch.  Never seen one before.  I get goose bumps thinking about the feeling that hits your chest when the rockets fire...

KJ
Make sure you pay attention to the date. It was just postponed. "..no sooner than Oct. 14 "
http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/08 … edule.html
I wish I had NASA TV so I could watch it in Hi-Def.
They rarely broadcast in High def.. even though it's on a high def station . Most of the schedule is lame also. It's geared for like 4th grade classrooms..lol. There is occasionally some cool stuff though. I watched the Kibo laboratory as it was being attached to the ISS awhile ago.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6747|132 and Bush

So the launch is rescheduled for Friday. The Hubble servicing mission has been delayed though.
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5g3N … xdHuX1mENA
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6747|132 and Bush

They turned this into a night launch.. Sweet!
Xbone Stormsurgezz
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6885|Pakistan/England
is there a streaming page to watch the launch? also..whats the expected launch date/time at the moment?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6299|what

Have you ever traveled down to watch anything take off, or just always watched the events on tv?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6908

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Have you ever traveled down to watch anything take off, or just always watched the events on tv?
i've seen a few.  two on the beach.  one from my apartment balcony in orlando.  and one flying back at night from key west in my cessna.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

Nice...I'm dying to see one. I hope the final one (which I'm going to see) is a Night Launch too. From what I've seen in YouTube videos, they really do light up the sky.

usmarine wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

i've seen a few.  two on the beach.  one from my apartment balcony in orlando.  and one flying back at night from key west in my cessna.
(pure curiosity) 172? 210?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6767|London, England
Pics in the OP make you think, how far are we from the day when you see multiple space launches happening simultaneously in a small (relatively) area. That would be a site to watch. It would be then, when you could finally say: "hey, we're getting the hang of this space thing y'know"
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6908

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Nice...I'm dying to see one. I hope the final one (which I'm going to see) is a Night Launch too. From what I've seen in YouTube videos, they really do light up the sky.

usmarine wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

172SP.  I was just south of lake "O" when it was the brightest damn thing I have ever seen.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Mekstizzle wrote:

Pics in the OP make you think, how far are we from the day when you see multiple space launches happening simultaneously in a small (relatively) area. That would be a site to watch. It would be then, when you could finally say: "hey, we're getting the hang of this space thing y'know"
Gattaca shit yo

usmarine wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

usmarine wrote:

172SP.  I was just south of lake "O" when it was the brightest damn thing I have ever seen.
Nice...I flew a 172 yesterday. First time actually flying a plane. Incredible shit. I can't even imagine what a launch is like from a plane.

Btw, my neck fucking hurts from that shit. When they say "stiff neck's better than a broken neck" they fucking mean it.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-11-13 15:33:05)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
damn rich kids and their flying lessons
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6908

ya well i didnt read the notams and tbh did not even know there was a launch.  i thought at first i was going head to head with a 747 or something.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6908

Mekstizzle wrote:

scuse me but i slept on the floor and ate ramen noodles for a year and a half.  i also lived in florida but could not afford to turn on the A/C.  so suck me skittles.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Mekstizzle wrote:

it's free and it's state/school sponsored...I pay absolutely nothing until this summer

you fail skittles

usmarine wrote:

ya well i didnt read the notams and tbh did not even know there was a launch.  i thought at first i was going head to head with a 747 or something.
You couldn't tell from the vertical flight path?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6747|132 and Bush

TheAussieReaper wrote:

I'm about 70% sure I'll be watching from here. That 30% depends on the weather. This might be my last chance to watch a shuttle night launch.

I've seen plenty. I can also see it from my backyard.

Skittle the op is outdated. They aren't going up for Hubble this time (they pushed it back to February). I'll update it later.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6908

Poseidon wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

it's free and it's state/school sponsored...I pay absolutely nothing until this summer

you fail skittles

usmarine wrote:

You couldn't tell from the vertical flight path?
duh.  but at first when it popped thru the clouds it was just a very bright light.  you have to remember i was flying IFR and not really looking outside.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6747|132 and Bush

Leaving to go to the other coast now .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6866|Scotland

Kmarion wrote:

Leaving to go to the other coast now .
bring back some pics
TravisC555
+118|6365|Cox Convention Center, OK

tahadar wrote:

is there a streaming page to watch the launch? also..whats the expected launch date/time at the moment?
I think this (click on the Public channel for a cockpit view and the Media channel for an outside shot) is the streaming url.  The launch is set for November 14, 2008 @ 7:55 EST (Eastern Standard Time).

STS-126 Mission Launch in

14 November 2008 19:55:00 EST

(This counter is about 30 seconds faster than the one at NASA)

Last edited by TravisC555 (2008-11-14 14:28:16)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6908

this is odd.  had the space shuttles my whole life.  actually i basically grew up along side them as they progressed.  oh well.  new things to try.

/USA
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Yeah yeah

But it's time for the tall boys to come back into action

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Size_Comparison2.png

/Ares I

Who needs 2 booster engines, and a big plane-thing and a giant orange fuel tank. When you can have a stick.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2008-11-14 14:43:49)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5848|College Park, MD
is this shit gonna be on TV?

and even more importantly

will it be in HD?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6908

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

is this shit gonna be on TV?

and even more importantly

will it be in HD?
do you have nasa tv?  thats HD.  typically the special events HD channel will have it also. if you have fox business HD, they might have it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard