Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
So, two days ago i decided to get the vet. and expert explosive badges. Basically, C4+ATV+Tanks & clanmates sticking together resulted in me getting both badges on my first attempt. Easy as pie, but that should have been the end of my jihad spree.

So the next day I'm playing as normally again, untill a true APC whore comes along. He really was incapable of getting a single kill outside of his APC. People like this annoy the crap out of me, so i decided to sacrifice myself to get rid of him. Then i noticed that the ATVs carry on moving far enough after you get off to put enough distance between yourself and all that C4 to survive. Since then I've been doing this every time a particularly nasty tank (ab)user comes along. And it's not suiciding either, I jump off in time, the ATV runs into the tank, and i pull the trigger. Boom!

People don't seem to like this tactic much. I've got myself banned from two servers already for 'suiciding' after destroying an admins tank time after time. What's wrong with it? It's not suiciding or a kamikaze, it's just using C4 to blow up someones tank.

Legitimate tactic or not?

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2006-03-03 08:39:29)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Squig2510
+0|6692
Its a kill that did not result in your own death; no suicide just a kill. I'd say legitimate tactic. If ppl dont like it they should shoot in time.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6696|NJ
Yeah alot of people cry when you use a tatic that kills them and they can't get you. It's a legit tactic, like claymore whoring which I used to get my expert explosive badge.
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6655|Westminster, Colorado
No problems with it here.  Sometimes it's really hard to get people out of armor.  Nothin' better in my book than an ATV and 2 C4.
tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6711
Meh, I love ATV suiciding as well, although if I could live it would help. Nothings better than an ATV + fully loaded ( Doesn't happen) APC.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX
The ATV is a great vehicle.  I like to run over people on the way to the next tank bombing.  It's so fast and agile, most people (not in a mounted gun) can't hit you.  Great for quickly getting behind enemy lines.  Especially nice for slipping in behind a tank and following him till he stops. (boom! ded)

KJ
killaer
+41|6718
1.) It's fine doing that. The admin just got some sand in their vagina coz you killed a few of them
2.) I hate it when someone is called an "APC whore" It's so gay. Dont call people APC whores, cuz thats the only way of ggetting some of the badges.
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6741|Clinton, MD, USA
It's ok to use it if there's a really bad armor whore around. I had it done to me twice for whoring. lol
SlickWRX
+6|6744
Some servers have rules against it.

You don't really have a legit gripe unless you're paying for a slot.  Just play on the ones that don't have a problem with it.  None of the ones I always play on seem to have a problem with it.
Chao2
+8|6716|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
I dont raelly care and I like to tank whore, If i cant kill you before you detonate you earned that kill. It seems people dont like being killed in 'unmanly' ways
Nanoaug
+0|6624
Screw the armor whores, they deserve it. Just do it in style, and try not to kill yourself along with the tank
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

I love my T90, and most Jihad Jeepo's end up with 125mm of Smoothbore in their face. But those that DO manage to get through deserve the kill.
arizona91
+2|6751|Kansas City
I think it's fine..........it's part of the game.  I will say that it can irritate the crap out of me at times (was having a great round for instance) but I tell myself "that's part of the game...deal with it"
RimReaper
+8|6704
I agree, there's nothing criminal about it, so why not?  I first discovered it when somone did it to me.  I was "whoring it up" when some insane bastard came around the corner (horn blaring as it always is) and blew us both to hell.  I still get a chuckle when I ram some tank right in the behind when he's on a bridge and the whole works explodes and falls in the river! 

What a hoot!
PunkX
stoned
+198|6624|Canada
meh.

Enemy Boat Spotted.
coldfyre99
+-2|6629
I hate when it happens to me when I am in armor, but there is nothing wrong with doing it.  Just makes me feel like a dumbass when I see you tearin ass towards me and I dont shoot in time.  Although at times it is funny, even when I die.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard