theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6751
see on the map warlord, is there a SAS spawn point in the bottom left of the map which when u spawn, u spawn in the air?

I know there is a spawn point on the bottom left of a 16 player, but then for the 32 and 64 the SAS spawn point at the start of the game is the bottom right yes?

Last edited by theDude5B (2006-03-09 10:24:06)

thefousteph
+8|6732
I really like Warlord and Ghost Town, maybe a bit more of ghost town!!!

So much action!! only draw back; games gets over pretty fast if team are un balanced ( and i mean one team kick butting the other real bad) but thats thrue for many maps

Nice maps for knife and pistol badge (legitly getting them i mean!!!!)
Nanoaug
+0|6624
Warlord owns.. so much better than karkand which is a 24/7 fag fest at the hotel.

The beauty of the Palace on warlord(my favorite area to fight) is that you have a lot of options on waht you can do. A lot of people complain about the constant PKM/grenade/claymore fest in there(which is true) but it can be worked around, to a certain extent. If you know the palace from the back of your hand you can exploit the enemys movements easily depending on which side your team holds, you have a lot of options in the palace.(or outside the palace if you have a grappling hook, one of my favorite spots to go if there isnt an APC in the courtyard)

And now that the 1.21 patch is out the TV station wont be such an impenetrable fortress due to claymore spam
Chowley
+1|6686|Ireland
Yea theres actually a fair few routes around the palace. Also Jackhammers and DAO are deadly in the palace not just PKM people seem to forget those guns . Shag it even sniping from the 3rd floor side indoor balcony is fun and effective when theres a bit of a stand-off.

Last edited by Chowley (2006-03-09 18:35:48)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6769|Human Meat Shield

gameaddict wrote:

imdead wrote:

Wow... THe palace is a true CQC! I always hope that someone caps one flag at the palace, I don't care about anyother besides the TV Station also, the battles are intense. It's better than Karkand, less road travelled. The Classes are used to the fullest. Right now the only bad thing until they fix the sniper is that people are now using the clays to put around the cappables, but a hefty engineer will take care of those, only if you get behind them I found out. IF you've never played Warlord or don't like it, then you haven't given it a chance. IF you point people like Armor OR Jets/helos, then this map isn't for you because infantry is #1, So if you have to hide behind airpower -stay on Wake or Oman. Armor will only get you so far on this map.
`
how in fs do you know what the back is of a claymore?? cant see the difference
Curved.

I think you'll see ALOT of people converting to Warlord really soon, it's a slaughterfest! Problem is alot of Insurgents are 'hiding' and you can't get to them until they come out. (ie TV Station).

Last edited by imdead (2006-03-09 23:48:00)

imdead
Death StatPadder
Yeah, I enjoy that one second, I always hope that the Chemical Plant is the first flag they/we cap. But not as much as Warlord, too me it's too ... dark.. Mass is..
Chow
+0|6623
I love Mass Destruction as well, after Warlord its probably my favourite .
imdead
Death StatPadder
Problem is there aren't that many  Warlords... But most of them are full if you do find one.. I think everyone should try Warlord out and soon you'll see Karkand empty..
Chow
+0|6623
Theres a 24/7 warlord thats almost always half full. I dont think ive seen it fill up yet.  Heros Must Conquer Warlord only server its in Sweden so possibly pings are too high for some.
imdead
Death StatPadder
Yeah, that would be an outrageous ping for the States. I still go to (I won't advertise) the 'other' 24/7 Warlord, they moved to Dallas, so the pings are great, but you do get those few people that bring the rates up.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6644|Cumberland, MD, USA
I love Warlord due to armor not being so significantly impacting. In Karkand you are more or less guaranteed 4 or 5 kills before you die. Not so in Warlord. Anti-armor can be on any rooftop, or Spec Ops just around the corner. It's a ground game, the way Battlefield was meant to be played. I feel EA has strayed from the original purpose from the first Battlefield, Battlefield 1942. I've been playing BF1942 since it came out, and I still do. Why? Because vehicles do not play such a large role. That's why I like Warlord.
SlickWRX
+6|6744

InviSniper wrote:

It's a ground game, the way Battlefield was meant to be played. I feel EA has strayed from the original purpose from the first Battlefield, Battlefield 1942. I've been playing BF1942 since it came out, and I still do. Why? Because vehicles do not play such a large role. That's why I like Warlord.
No.  Battlefield is ALL about the vehicles.  There are a ton of first person shooters but none do vehicles as well as the Battlefield series. 

The reason I like Warlord is because all of the classes are useful.  Its the only map I can say that I actually use all of the classes in.  Also there are a lot of tricks you can learn on this map to help cap flags.  I'll share some but not all...

The Mosque:  One of the most overlooked CPs on the map.  The actual CP is captureable from the roof.  You can use a grappling hook to climb up there or if you have a zip line you can zipline to the roof from a nearby tower.  It looks like a bell tower but there's no bell in it.

The Palace Security Outpost:  The taller building's roof at this CP can also be used to capture the flag.  Unlike the Mosque though roof is ideal for defending the CP as well as capping it.  The only way you can really get up there though is by grappling hook I think.  Oh yeah and its good times when someone is laying down next to the propane tank and you shoot it with the M95.

The Palace 3rd Floor:  From the ground on the west side of the palace throw a grappling hook to the roof.  Then you can drop down to the northern most part of the balcony of the 3rd floor.  Kill anyone on the balcony.  Then throw in a flashbang and clear the room.  Hopefully you brought backup with you so you can cap the flag before all the insurgents respawn.  Oh yeah and hopefully you don't have dumbass teammates on the inside of the building lobbing frags into the flag room.

That is the one thing about Warlord that pisses me off.  People that won't stop throwing frags long enough for you to go in and cap the flag.  Its funny how Dice said they fixed frag spammers in BF2 by not having any static ammo crates.  IMO its worse now.
Nanoaug
+0|6624
yeah, now we have MOVEABLE ammo crates since so many more people play support now. I liked when the game first came out, Karkand used to be more fun. Yeah it used to be a noob tube fest in the hotel area, but at least people went IN. Now its "stand outside with a support guy and throw grenades in the entire round". Lame
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6675|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
Warlord is one of my favourite maps now.
sfg-Ice__
+4|6653
Urban maps rock. That battles are intense.  I would love to hear Dice was going to release a all urban map expansion..maybe a actual battle inside a scale model of a carrier (not iron gator..a real carrier is much bigger and would be a map in itself), a airport complex, a underground bunker map with tunnels/elevators, or something like the world trade centers (if people can handle it).  I mean imagine jumping from the top of one building and parachuting into the window of the 40th floor?  The possibilities are endless.
imdead
Death StatPadder
Cool I would like to see an airport fight fest... Do a search on 24/7 Warlord.. you'll find one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard