max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6565|NYC / Hamburg

giganews is 25$/month for unlimited DL. It's cheaper with other providers with lower retention times though.

usenet is split up into groups, which you can individually index and surf though. Or you can use indexing services like newzleech.com to directly search for content.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6389|Southern California

kylef wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Uploaded: 247.66 GB  Downloaded: 212.88 GB

Sharing is what torrents are about. Upload more than you download.
Otherwise you're a pesky leecher.

Like me occasionally..
I'm a leacher!

but then again, my school monitors traffic and will shut off your internet if you look too much like your torrenting.
I do re-host and share on our DC network... I don't think I can check my ratio on that but Its probably 3ish?
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6783|Perth, Western Australia
Uploading is what makes the feds come after you here. So no, I have upload set to 0, and delete the torrent as soon as I'm done with it.

Communist bastards the lot of you
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6195|Winland

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Uploading is what makes the feds come after you here. So no, I have upload set to 0, and delete the torrent as soon as I'm done with it.

lol
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6204
download : alotGB

upload 120kbit

I cant upload at all even when i release on private torrents nothing gets uploaded
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
I don't 'get' this topic, or the OP.

If you download a large torrent from a public naab tracker, with thousands of other leechers, you're going to upload more than you download... inevitable, especially if you leave the torrent running for any period of time after it is 100% complete-- as long as you seed it on a public tracker, there will always be someone sucking up your upload bandwidth.

And positive share ratios are cool anyway, they're basically a direct-quantitative measurement of E-Peen on Waffles / What.cd
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Rapidshare is good enough for me, 1mbps connection

I let my friend with 12mbps download for me though
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Same for UK.

As i read it, uploading is the illegal bit, downloading is kosher
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468

FatherTed wrote:

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Same for UK.

As i read it, uploading is the illegal bit, downloading is kosher
Downloading is copyright infringement / piracy / theft and is technically illegally, although a) much harder to prosecute for and b) about 10 trillion times as rampant and popular, so instead they target the big uploaders and sharers that host and therefore supply much of the criminal activity and damage. That's pretty much the way that the law and legislation is practically enacted in an efficacious and efficient manner.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Tripulaci0n
+14|6154
I don't like to upload because I'm afraid the governments are going to come after me if I do. So I download and bounce.
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6637|Montréal, Québec
I mostly dwl torrent at my job, so start it and then let it go... I don't know the share ratio but i dont abuse of it anyway, just a couple gb / month

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard