Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|5993|Belgium
Metallica at Pukkelpop Belgium were pretty sweet
But that was also the only reason fridy was the busiest since that was kinda Metallica day
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
Dixie Chicks
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6671|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Billy Idol (was supporting Bon Jovi approx 15 years ago)
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6471|6 6 4 oh, I forget

1927 wrote:

Billy Idol (was supporting Bon Jovi approx 15 years ago)
Wrong way imo.
ParadoXic
+11|5732|Vancouver, Canada
De La Soul and Jurassic 5.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6657|The darkside of Denver
Modest Mouse- Red Rocks (one of the top venues in the states)
phishman420
Banned
+821|5678

ParadoXic wrote:

Yeah, they are both really good.

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

Modest Mouse- Red Rocks (one of the top venues in the states)
Phish fans got too rowdy there once and got the band banned for 10 years. I really hope they're able to play there once again because that venue is fucking amazing.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum
U2, followed by Oasis, then the Rolling Stones.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
BlackKoala
+215|6322
Linkin Park, by far.

Chris Cornell behind them.

Motley Crue was good too.
ParadoXic

phishman420 wrote:

ParadoXic wrote:

Yeah luckily I got to see J5 before they split, man, best show ever though, it was amazing. They really know how to put on a good show. De La Soul one I went to was free so that was cool but the actual performance wasn't as good as J5's. It still kicked as though, plus the crowd sucked.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

ParadoXic wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

ParadoXic wrote:

Yeah luckily I got to see J5 before they split, man, best show ever though, it was amazing. They really know how to put on a good show. De La Soul one I went to was free so that was cool but the actual performance wasn't as good as J5's. It still kicked as though, plus the crowd sucked.
Seen both of those as well.  Saw De La again just this past August, pretty good.

Too many good live shows to pick just one.  Seeing all 9 members of Wu Tang back in like 2001 was good.  Shame ODB wasn't around when I saw them last year.
ParadoXic

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

ParadoXic wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Seen both of those as well.  Saw De La again just this past August, pretty good.

Too many good live shows to pick just one.  Seeing all 9 members of Wu Tang back in like 2001 was good.  Shame ODB wasn't around when I saw them last year.
Awesome.

I also saw De La not that long ago, it was a free show they did in Whistler, I think it was in April. But like I said the crowd was so lame. Like when Maseo (The DJ) came on stage like 90% of the crowd didn't even seem to know who he was. But they were good non the less.
J5 was soooooo good though. I wish they didn't split. But unfortunately I saw then after Cut Chemist had already left the group.

Oh lucky! I can't believe I missed Wu-Tang live not to long ago, they were doing an all ages show I think it was in Seattle, it's a bit of a drive but I would have still gone. RZA was here not too long ago as well but it was 19+ so I couldn't go, my brother went though (lucky bastard) Did you see them in a Rock the Bells event?

Which other rap shows have you gone to?
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5929|CA
Metallica.

It was a free show that they did in Sacramento at a Tower Records store parking lot around 1996.  They anounced it that day on the radio, so about only about 5 thousand people showed up.  The police then came to disband the crowd, saying that Metallica did not get the proper permits in order to play the show.  About 80% of the crowd left, but after about and hour a big rig pulled into the lot and a few roadies jumped out of the cab and began setting up crowd gaurds.  About 5 minutes after that they pulled a canvas cover off of the side of the side of the truck's trailor, revealing the band and the mobile stage.  They played for about an hour.

Best. Show. Ever.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5962|London, England

The White Stripes
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

ParadoXic wrote:

Oh lucky! I can't believe I missed Wu-Tang live not to long ago, they were doing an all ages show I think it was in Seattle, it's a bit of a drive but I would have still gone. RZA was here not too long ago as well but it was 19+ so I couldn't go, my brother went though (lucky bastard) Did you see them in a Rock the Bells event?

Ya I saw De La this year and Wu last year at Rock the Bells.

As for hip hop acts I've seen, I don't even know how many.  I try to go to a live show at least once a month, mostly reggae or hip hop, but every once in a while there will be an 'indie' band or something or other.

In the past year I've seen the following hip hop:
Immortal Technique
Jedi Mind Tricks
Nas
Mos Def
Chali 2na
Warren G
Dj Quick
Tribe Called Quest
Living Legends
Pharcyde
Visionaries
Psycho Realm
Dilated Peoples
Sage Francis
De La Soul
Murs (solo performance)
7L and Esoteric
Outerspace
Reef tha Lost Cause

There's more I'm sure
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6366|Calgary, Canada
This topics back is it

Well i just saw Bloc Party a few weeks ago, and they were surprisingly really good live. It was amazing
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5717|Gulf Coast

can't decide...

Slayer @ hard rock Orlando
Primus @ hard rock again
Tool for the Aenima tour in '97 i think @ masquerade in ybor(now closed)
ParadoXic

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

ParadoXic wrote:

Ya I saw De La this year and Wu last year at Rock the Bells.

As for hip hop acts I've seen, I don't even know how many.  I try to go to a live show at least once a month, mostly reggae or hip hop, but every once in a while there will be an 'indie' band or something or other.

In the past year I've seen the following hip hop:
Immortal Technique
Jedi Mind Tricks
Nas
Mos Def
Chali 2na
Warren G
Dj Quick
Tribe Called Quest
Living Legends
Pharcyde
Visionaries
Psycho Realm
Dilated Peoples
Sage Francis
De La Soul
Murs (solo performance)
7L and Esoteric
Outerspace
Reef tha Lost Cause

There's more I'm sure
Oh man I would love to see those artists live. Especially Dilated Peoples, ATCQ, Nas and Pharcyde out of that list. That's bloody nice though. I'm guessing you went to Rock The Bells this year? (I was maybe going to go but the show I would have gone to got moved to Washington instead)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard