FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6564|'Murka

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

No responses to the fact that the soon-to-be White House Chief of Staff, served under the armed forces of a foreign nation...
He has dual citizenship. And he's the CoS, not the President. What does it matter?
Well, it doesn't matter at all to me, but I'd personally prefer someone who you can trust to be 100% for your country. And not have some sort of side agenda, then again, even if he was a 100% American, Jewish American, he'd probably have his side agenda anyway. All I'm saying is, you guys are getting played.

It's just that nobody can ever question them otherwise they're going to be called "Anti-Semitic" or a "Nazi"
So anyone with a Jewish lineage can't be trusted to advise foreign policy makers? Or (as is the case with Rahm) run the White House staff?

Damn, you euros really do have issues with the Jews.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
+1,182|6564|'Murka

Bertster7 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

If he had dual American-Palestinian citizenship, his father had been a member of the PLO and he served in the Hamas militia would it be an issue?

FEOS wrote:

But to address your last question: If he had served in the Hamas militia, it would absolutely be an issue. He took an active role in an internationally-recognized terrorist organization...recently. Say what you want about the IDF, but they are not an internationally-recognized terrorist organization, and their stated doctrine does not include the targeting of non-combatants.
He's not talking about the IDF. His father was a member of the Irgun. There is no question whatsoever that while he was serving with them they were very much an active and internationally recognised terrorist organisation who frequently targeted civilians.

Either you haven't read what he wrote properly or you're being a bit of a hypocrite (seems to me you misread his question).

*edit* I've assumed that the bit in italics is also talking about his father - which could well have been a mistake on my part, if so I apologise.
It is. The comparison is that his father served in the Irgun and he served in the IDF. So the corollary would be his father being a member of the PLO and him serving in the Hamas militia.

Apology accepted.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6558|North Carolina
Having an issue with the son of a terrorist is understandable.

And America really is getting played by Israel.  This has been true for several decades now, thanks to Jewish Zionists, Christian Zionists, and the military industrial complex in general.
FEOS
+1,182|6564|'Murka

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Even if it was the British armed forces, it would still be subject to question. Infact, I think the IDF is the only thing in the world that Americans would accept to be ok to serve under, yet still be a high ranking official in their government. You guys are just so embedded that.......well, I lol at it tbh.

Also Bertester, bad example talking about PLO. You've made it easy for FEOS.
Would that be why we have UK and Aussie armed forces (and other countries) working at the Pentagon and serving as exchange officers in our military units? Is that why there is a Luftwaffe training base in New Mexico?

And Americans have served under UK leadership many times (and other NATO countries right now in Afghanistan). You're inventing a problem where none exists.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6259|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

Say what you want about the IDF, but they are not an internationally-recognized terrorist organization,
They probably should be.

FEOS wrote:

and their stated doctrine does not include the targeting of non-combatants
Thats correct, its their unstated doctrine.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Bertster wrote:

*edit* I've assumed that the bit in italics is also talking about his father - which could well have been a mistake on my part, if so I apologise.
I used 'he' to mean Rahm Emmanuel and 'his father' to mean his father.
FEOS
+1,182|6564|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Say what you want about the IDF, but they are not an internationally-recognized terrorist organization,
They probably should be.

FEOS wrote:

and their stated doctrine does not include the targeting of non-combatants
Thats correct, its their unstated doctrine.
How did I know you would make some ridiculous remark like that?

BTW...no such thing as "unstated doctrine".
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The IDF has killed many more civilians than Hamas.
Get back to the point.
FEOS
+1,182|6564|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Get back to the point.
I believe the point has already been made.

And just for the record: intent is the key when it comes to targeting.
― Albert Einstein

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6774|London, England

FEOS wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Even if it was the British armed forces, it would still be subject to question. Infact, I think the IDF is the only thing in the world that Americans would accept to be ok to serve under, yet still be a high ranking official in their government. You guys are just so embedded that.......well, I lol at it tbh.

Also Bertester, bad example talking about PLO. You've made it easy for FEOS.
Would that be why we have UK and Aussie armed forces (and other countries) working at the Pentagon and serving as exchange officers in our military units? Is that why there is a Luftwaffe training base in New Mexico?

And Americans have served under UK leadership many times (and other NATO countries right now in Afghanistan). You're inventing a problem where none exists.
Well, we're talking about what is effectively the presidents right hand man here. I wouldn't like it if the Prime Ministers right hand man had dual nationality. I'm not aware of any country that would like someone with dual nationality so high up in their government. Especially if they had served under the other nationalities armed forces.

FEOS wrote:

Yeah ok...

And you people think that they're Gods chosen people.
FEOS
+1,182|6564|'Murka

Mekstizzle wrote:

Well, we're talking about what is effectively the presidents right hand man here. I wouldn't like it if the Prime Ministers right hand man had dual nationality. I'm not aware of any country that would like someone with dual nationality so high up in their government. Especially if they had served under the other nationalities armed forces.
So we're supposed to discriminate against someone because they have dual citizenship? Sorry, but we don't...except for the offices of POTUS/VPOTUS. We ARE a nation of immigrants, you know.

Mekstizzle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Yeah ok...

And you people think that they're Gods chosen people.
Tweak the sarcasm meter a bit, Mek.
― Albert Einstein

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6606|The Twilight Zone
its okay to be an Israeli terrorist, you're only not allowed to be a Muslim terrorist
/sarcasm
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6496|tropical regions of london

Turquoise wrote:

America needs to divorce its relations with Israel about as much as Tina needed to divorce Ike.

Oh well, this is Obama's first big mistake.
turq, ive never read someones opinions and principals change direction so often as much as I have from you.
God Save the Queen
Banned

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Hamas is still on the list of international terrorist organizations.
So is Irgun, no doubt the British list at least.

OK then.
If you're claiming he could have killed civilians in the Hamas militia I say its just as likely he could have killed civilians while in the IDF.
His precise service background in either would be very hard to determine.

Just stick to this:

If he had dual American-Palestinian citizenship, his father had been a member of the PLO and he served in the Hamas militia would it be an issue?
Palestine is not a country
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6606|The Twilight Zone

God Save the Queen wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Hamas is still on the list of international terrorist organizations.

OK then.
If you're claiming he could have killed civilians in the Hamas militia I say its just as likely he could have killed civilians while in the IDF.

Just stick to this:

Thanks to Israel
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
God Save the Queen
Banned

.Sup wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

OK then.

Just stick to this:

Thanks to Israel
Thanks to the Ottoman Empire
PureFodder
+225|6438

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Get back to the point.

Actual intent or claimed intent?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6774|London, England

FEOS wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

So we're supposed to discriminate against someone because they have dual citizenship? Sorry, but we don't...except for the offices of POTUS/VPOTUS. We ARE a nation of immigrants, you know.
Fair enough, except this guy was born in the US. Yet still chose to go and serve the armed forces of another country. I'd say that's some big loyalty split right there. If he was born in Israel, then it wouldn't be so bad. The guy is no immigrant whatsoever. Neither is Obama. Remember the difference between immigrant and minority.
FEOS
+1,182|6564|'Murka

PureFodder wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Get back to the point.

Actual intent or claimed intent?
Since, in the case of Israel both the actual and claimed intent are the same...and I guess in the case of Hamas, the actual and claimed intent are the same...then yes.
― Albert Einstein

FEOS
+1,182|6564|'Murka

Mekstizzle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Fair enough, except this guy was born in the US. Yet still chose to go and serve the armed forces of another country. I'd say that's some big loyalty split right there. If he was born in Israel, then it wouldn't be so bad. The guy is no immigrant whatsoever. Neither is Obama. Remember the difference between immigrant and minority.
And he's the White House CoS...still don't see the big deal. It's not an Israeli thing. Could be any nation's armed forces that we have agreements like that with (the UK being one of them).
― Albert Einstein

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6914

.Sup wrote:

Thanks to Israel
Thanks to the Ottoman Empire
lulz...sup owned again.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6798

usmarine wrote:

idk.  he the savior of the world so i am told.
hahaha yeah me heard that 2
twiistaaa
+87|6821|mexico
i'm suprised obama hasn't imploded in on himself with all of his paradox's. his muslim "background" will make him pro palestine, his israeli influence will make him pro israel and his rev wright and bill ayes influences will make him a bat shiat crazy pro black anti white christian terrorist.

my GOD do you know why there is no outcry? because this guy has no more room for speculative influences, everything has been thrown at him and nothing has stuck.

also obama is pro basketball so watch out NFL!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

Since, in the case of Israel both the actual and claimed intent are the same...
Very funny, we know thats not true.

FEOS wrote:

and I guess in the case of Hamas, the actual and claimed intent are the same...then yes.
No they're just less dishonest.

I don't give a toss about intent really, body count is what matters.

But back on topic.
Rahm Emmanuel's father was a terrorist - no question about it, and he personally served in an organisation some put on a par with the SS and at best has a long history of being very careless with civilian lives and human rights.
Does it not matter at all?
beerface702
+65|6846|las vegas
all hail OBAMA

kiss his feet

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard