Bloody Sky
+2|6856|Texas
Ok I fixed my own prefix problem.

What I did was do into the "Prefix" box and wrote random letters then erased them. Then pressed enter and my prefix was gone.
Hope this helps!
[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6805|Oakland, CA
Is there anything going right with this new patch?
nitro92
I cheat.
+-6|6813|Sydney, Australia
evrything is fine with me except if i press apply in  filters nohing comes up so i have 2 restart bf2 and how do u make it so i have no prefix
v1l2u5
+1|6790
Hi guys new here long time viewer of my stats here.
I need help, have any of you experiance crashes? I mean hard reboot & video reseting back to 800x600? I dont think it is my new system because I built it last Thursday and play BF2 & all other video games at a LAN party at my buddy's house and all week long, it only just started yesterday after installing the patch.

I'm thinking about going back to 1.02 but wanted to bouce it off others 1st. Will I lose my rank and unlock weapons?

System Specs
AMD 64b 3500
1GB Duel Chan Ram
x800XL Radeon

I'm not overclocking, and Im running the game video settings at medium (which ran fine on 1.02)

Oh and Thanks
1MaNArmY
+2|6809
Can't join friends through xfire with the new patch.  Is anyone having this issue?  It will let me locate where my friends are so I go to join and it loads and defaults me to the multiplayer menu.  Any suggestions? It's frustrating using EA crappy menu.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6859|"Frisco"

1MaNArmY wrote:

Can't join friends through xfire with the new patch.  Is anyone having this issue?  It will let me locate where my friends are so I go to join and it loads and defaults me to the multiplayer menu.  Any suggestions? It's frustrating using EA crappy menu.
There is a temporary fix for this now via editing your xfire ini file. There is also a method for getting ASE to work as well.

XFIRE: http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?nam … eld+2+1+03
ASE: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34363
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6853|Cologne, Germany

no complaints here. I installed the patch, and I have had none of the bugs reported here. no crashes either.
Everything is just fine.

I know it's kinda offtopic, but I felt I needed to say that there are actually people out there whose games run fine after patching.
Feuxxxeu
+0|6789
Hi !
My first post to report two bugs. I played a long time on yesterday evening, one hour or so as a commander on ea france officiel 27 (32 slots server), and I saw that happen:
- the supply drops crashed each time as if it falled on something. To repair the artillery, I had to aim for it and the time the box flied over the arty (3-4 seconds) was all that could repair it. That bug disappeared maybe one hour after, in the middle of a game.
- I played merc, some american C4ed our drone and satellite dish, I suppose some other american repaired it because They were back as new when I finally got there, with american flags on them.. Had to C4 them (gained awards for it) and then repair them for my commander. Think it's a bug since I've never seen this before
Gabriel
+0|6797
Don't know if any of you have experienced this, but I have an issue with the bar that indicates your progress towards your next rank. My stats are uploading as I can see my global score has been going up with each round that I play. I'm around 100 pts away from sgt. right now; however, the progress bar has absolutely no color in it all indicating progress to the next rank. any thoughts on this issue?
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6793

tF-afrojap wrote:

I just payed a game with Chuy (squad leader) and was unable to spawn on him twice in a row.

Then, it got better.. I WAS UNABLE TO LEAVE THE SQUAD. Oh joy. Keep an eye out for this and report here if you experience the same. It scares me to think of the other "features" they have added with this patch.
i had the same problem...in fact my side showed me and a clanmate in a squad, his said I wasn't in his squad...i could see the green dot for him, but couldnt spawn on him...and to top it off, i couldn't leave the squad or join a different one until the next round...
PFC_Kurtz_John
+0|6790|VA

Gabriel wrote:

Don't know if any of you have experienced this, but I have an issue with the bar that indicates your progress towards your next rank. My stats are uploading as I can see my global score has been going up with each round that I play. I'm around 100 pts away from sgt. right now; however, the progress bar has absolutely no color in it all indicating progress to the next rank. any thoughts on this issue?
Same here i dont know why it says that but i hae the same prob.
|KOF|truculent
+0|6789
I recieved basic pistol and vetran pistol in same round ,should be a rank higher than I am but game is not recognizing basic pistol. I should be a First sarg 30,000 + global  and all basic badges, have heard of other with same prob. any way around this?
novamute.uk
+0|6789|southampton, uk
i think only raggamuffin touched on this, but to me its a major bug in the game...

since as far back as doom i and ii i've used the right mouse button as the move forward command... since the 1.03 patch if pressing the mouse button the commo rose cant be brought up, and the map / map zoom functions wont work. basically, any of the non-movement keys. in order to use them, you have to stop moving which makes you a sitting duck.

i've contacted ea tech support and they've said that this was an intentional phasing out, as that bind is too difficult to use. yeah. nice excuse. i found it fine, thanks.

anyway, does anyone have a workaround other than rebinding and learning to use a new control layout? i notice other mouse buttons work (buttons 3 and 4 - the side buttons on my logitech mx500 - for example) which makes me certain its not an intentional move at all...

-novamute
.mechanical
+0|6789
This is a huge issue for me as well. The game is nearly unplayable for me because of it, especially as someone who spends the majority of my time as a squad leader.  What’s even worse is when you are using mouse2 and bring up your squad map and the map stays on the screen. It takes a frantic mashing of keys in order to find the correct combination to get rd of that screen. It seems like a different combo each time.

.mech

novamute.uk wrote:

i think only raggamuffin touched on this, but to me its a major bug in the game...

since as far back as doom i and ii i've used the right mouse button as the move forward command... since the 1.03 patch if pressing the mouse button the commo rose cant be brought up, and the map / map zoom functions wont work. basically, any of the non-movement keys. in order to use them, you have to stop moving which makes you a sitting duck.

i've contacted ea tech support and they've said that this was an intentional phasing out, as that bind is too difficult to use. yeah. nice excuse. i found it fine, thanks.

anyway, does anyone have a workaround other than rebinding and learning to use a new control layout? i notice other mouse buttons work (buttons 3 and 4 - the side buttons on my logitech mx500 - for example) which makes me certain its not an intentional move at all...

-novamute
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6790|Long Island
I have all the badges and points needed for first sergent, but i am not that rank yet.  why?
EmpHaSisT
+0|6789
i dont kno if u guys have had this bug but for some reason when ever i pick up some one elses medic kit and drop a kit to regain health and switch back to my own kit i get the sound of the medic kit rehealing me over and over again untill the next round
j.quintana
+0|6789
Ive had problems with installing the new patch as well as the previous one, got a 'patching failed' message when i tried to install it the usual way.
Solved the problem by doing a manual install...

Open the patch by clicking it.
Choose run
Choose your language and next
Now go to the start menu and choose run
Type %temp%
In VIEW you arrange by MODIFIED
Open the last folder (called something like {76654A7F-....
Now open the next folder
Select all and copy
Open your bf2 folder
Paste the files here
Open the patch file
The program will patch manually in a dos-like window
When the patching is done close the installshield window

Hope this helps

- J.Quintana
Nobody fucks with the Jesus

Last edited by j.quintana (2005-10-07 16:16:45)

odessaman
+0|6790
Installed patch this morning, had no problems with patching but noticed alot more Lagging while playing. Things I don't like is the new Ranking. God! everyone is now atleast a Master SGT.???? I personally prefered the original Ranking system. I still see people vehicle whoring and a number of people ie: "Helios" killing eachother and than healing them. I guess you will always have these Idiots though. I'm unable to join some of the Servers I get "Your name is not on the User List please check"??? Note that these were EA servers? I did like the addition of the new Map and loading seems faster. Whats up with the PREFIX box??? Did I miss something? I just left it blank. Can someone explain this too me? Oh, I also noticed that some of my Ribbons etc are now missing. Thanks.

Odessaman

Last edited by odessaman (2005-10-07 20:02:03)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6849
Seems like they didnt address the spawn point locations I had "AgentYOu" and "Jonsey16" just sitting there cleaning people out as they spawned. So many times I spawned looking at a Tank muzzle. They had triple everyones score without turning a flag.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6855|Bryan/College Station, TX
After reading a few other forums on specifically the 1.03 issues and other things I have discovered that the number one fix for all issues is this.

Have all patches on hand. (Not sure if 1.03 includes all previous patches. Have no idea)
Uninstall Battlefield 2.
Reinstall Battlefield 2.
Do all patches in sequence (unless 1.03 includes all previous patches. Not sure)

After all this it seems to fix a lot of the problems and issues many were experiencing.
This takes me back to a previous thread I posted wondering if it was really that simple.

I guess it is. For at least some cases.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
KillerAFET
+3|6792|Abilene, Texas
Odd, was awarded a second basic transport badge today.  Received first one September 24th and now one today.
Rosse_modest
+76|6788|Antwerp, Flanders
I've had some problems since the 1.03 patch, most of which are already covered here:
- occasionally the game can't find any (or only a few servers) until i restart BF2
- the annoying first aid bag sound after picking up a dead medic's kit and changing to your original kit again
- when i had just installed the patch and went the play my first game with the updated version (on the new wake island map) i immediately got 3 or 4 promotions like everybody else. At about my 7th kill however i also got a veteran assault combat badge - aren't you supposed to have 20 kills to receive that badge? Those 7 kills weren't made by playing assault exclusively either...
- Since the patch i've played two rounds (on two different ranked servers) exclusively with the anti-tank kit with more than 20 kills, but i didn't get the veteran anti-tank combat badge?
- Also, my progress to next rank bar just stays empty. I'm gun sgt now so my next rank should be master sergeant... I have all basic badges except explosive ordnance, air defense and command...
FragPuss2409
+2|6787
ive noticed a bug whereby when a commander/squad leader etc gives youa  command it comes up as "11000110101 has given you an order to attack 110101010101, press 10101001 to accept and 1010010101 to refuse"

it does the same thing when the auto hint comes down aswell it will say things like "this is the enemies 10101010 010101010, if you destroy this they will be unable to use 10010001001"

anyone else had things like this happen?

also as posted above my points to next rank bar stays empty, but it shows up in the stats check on this site

incidently i dont like the wake 2007 map, i never did in bf1942 either, i always prefered stalingrad, berlin and midway (but probably no good to use in bf2 unfortunately )

Last edited by FragPuss2409 (2005-10-08 20:13:33)

beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6798

FragPuss2409 wrote:

ive noticed a bug whereby when a commander/squad leader etc gives youa  command it comes up as "11000110101 has given you an order to attack 110101010101, press 10101001 to accept and 1010010101 to refuse"

it does the same thing when the auto hint comes down aswell it will say things like "this is the enemies 10101010 010101010, if you destroy this they will be unable to use 10010001001"

anyone else had things like this happen?

also as posted above my points to next rank bar stays empty, but it shows up in the stats check on this site

incidently i dont like the wake 2007 map, i never did in bf1942 either, i always prefered stalingrad, berlin and midway (but probably no good to use in bf2 unfortunately )
... what, cant read binary?
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6825
I've spent 8 hours trying to get this fucking patch to work... after many, many, many patching failed messages (whilst i was following other forum instructions),  I uninstalled all my shit and upon reinstalling (yes i did uninstall/delete all BF2 related shit on my HDD) I kept getting MD5 errors. The reinstall doesnt fix the pathcing failed, but after i fiddle with some shit it, the patch finally works. But now, every time i try to load an online or offline map it crashes at different points in the loading....

I've got a headache and im about to ransack the EA offices.

HELP!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard