Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6007|...

Bertster7 wrote:

It was always really, really obvious this would happen which is why the project has faced such widespread criticism.

Whether the missiles are defensive or not is utterly irrelevant. The point is that they fuck up the whole purpose of MAD. Russia will act to ensure they can overcome any countermeasures put in place, and they are right to do so.
I don't see a missile shield in europe stopping the something like what, 10.000 nukes russia has?

when people start to throw nukes MAD will happen either way, because regardless of which country gets nuked you'll have to deal with all the shit these things eject.
inane little opines
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6589|SE London

dayarath wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

It was always really, really obvious this would happen which is why the project has faced such widespread criticism.

Whether the missiles are defensive or not is utterly irrelevant. The point is that they fuck up the whole purpose of MAD. Russia will act to ensure they can overcome any countermeasures put in place, and they are right to do so.
I don't see a missile shield in europe stopping the something like what, 10.000 nukes russia has?

when people start to throw nukes MAD will happen either way, because regardless of which country gets nuked you'll have to deal with all the shit these things eject.
It won't actually stop them, just like Russia doesn't need that many nukes for anything. It's more about the perception of it. If the US put greater defensive measures in place, Russia will respond to that. They can't/won't respond in kind because defensive systems are far more expensive, so they respond by increasing their offensive capability in the same region which resets the status quo.

All it is doing is raising international tensions and costing shedloads of money, and for what? The only credible nuclear threat there is, is from terrorists. I'll tell you now, terrorists won't be using ICBMs as a nuke delivery system.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6007|...

Bertster7 wrote:

It won't actually stop them, just like Russia doesn't need that many nukes for anything. It's more about the perception of it. If the US put greater defensive measures in place, Russia will respond to that. They can't/won't respond in kind because defensive systems are far more expensive, so they respond by increasing their offensive capability in the same region which resets the status quo.

All it is doing is raising international tensions and costing shedloads of money, and for what? The only credible nuclear threat there is, is from terrorists. I'll tell you now, terrorists won't be using ICBMs as a nuke delivery system.
I can agree on that.
inane little opines
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6527|Πάϊ

dayarath wrote:

that defense shield in poland is just that, a defensive shield.

when poland wanted a missile defense shield in their country they got it, america is just there delivering the goods.

russia responds with an offensive missile base.

sigh. Oh and if russia wanted to attack the US they wouldn't have to fire their missiles through europe.

and europe is too divided / busy with their own stuff to ever start a war with russia.
Well ok since you people are so dense, let me put it this way.

Poland and the Czech Republic were forced to accept this deal. America is not just there delivering the goods. This whole thing serves American interests, not Polish. The Polish government was just easier to swerve. If you were honest enough you would admit that a country like Poland or the Czech Republic do NOT need a missile defense system. For those who remember, the lame excuse was that this was a defense system against a possible missile attack on Europe by Iran! (lol) So enough with the bullshit excuses etc. Admit it.
ƒ³
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6230|Escea

If a defence system was built in the middle of the country the Russian's would still complain about it. If you're going to have a country more paranoid and fearful of anything west of itself, its Russia.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6628|London, England
People are missing the point. What is happening is basically Russia are saying "if a nuclear war breaks out between us and the USA, we will also attack countries which base US defensive systems"

Makes sense to me

It's not like they'll ever have a nuclear war, and even if they did, do you really think it would matter if certain countries were hit or not, we'd all be screwed whatever happens

And also, all that NATO/EU stuff will mean that if a war did happen, we'd all be attacked regardless. So, at the end of the day, nothing has changed whatsoever.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-11-06 05:45:33)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6783|Moscow, Russia

Bertster7 wrote:

Berster7 hits the nail on the head, anything said after his points is dead weight.

oh, btw, for those who consider themselves a kickass weapon experts - do you know at which fase of ballistic missile' trajectory it can be tracked and shot down? it almost COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE to intercept the damn thing once it is out in space traveling at its maximum velocity surrounded by a shitload of dummy targets - you have to catch the missile BEFORE it reaches that point.
so, tell me again: which ICBMs those missile defence installations in Poland are supposed to protect you from?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6634|Canada

Schwarzelungen wrote:

woooooo ww3
with a global economy, there will never WW3, no country can stand alone against the world, not for long that is.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6351|tropical regions of london

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

woooooo ww3
with a global economy, there will never WW3, no country can stand alone against the world, not for long that is.
thats what alliances are for
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6634|Canada

God Save the Queen wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

woooooo ww3
with a global economy, even alliances need other countries, so no, alliances dont help much.
God Save the Queen
Banned

destruktion_6143 wrote:

God Save the Queen wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

with a global economy, even alliances need other countries, so no, alliances dont help much.
we had a global economy all throughout the 20th century.  I think you mean a global, interdependent economy, and I still disgaree.

Last edited by God Save the Queen (2008-11-06 08:29:30)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6763|Scotland

It's a slightly naive way to put it....

They are putting missiles there in response to your deployment of the "Anti Missile system" in Poland. Which, in turn, is the US's response to the building of a naval base in Venezuela.

Another cold war? I smell it. It would be catastrophic for the world.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6769

oug wrote:

sorry we are all dumb hillbillys and you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking smart and all.  Go make a pita or something.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563

M.O.A.B wrote:

If a defence system was built in the middle of the country the Russian's would still complain about it. If you're going to have a country more paranoid and fearful of anything west of itself, its Russia.
If you're going to have a country more paranoid and fearful of anything 7000 miles east and a little bit south of itself, its USA.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

usmarine wrote:

oug wrote:

sorry we are all dumb hillbillys and you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking smart and all.  Go make a pita or something.
one condescending line should not be met with another.

I agree with mek et al on this matter, it's just another fucking dick waving contest.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5869
one point people have not mentioned it seems, The U.S are putting the offence shield on foriegn soil, but Russia are putting their defence shield on their own soil if im correct

nothing wrong with Russia

also this is a good read

http://www.russiatoday.com/news/news/32894

A growing number of European politicians are voicing fears over the U.S. deployment of a missile shield all across the continent. More than 50 British MPs have called for a public debate into an issue which many fear could result in a new global arms race.

As well as the UK bases, America has also agreed deals for similar sites in Poland and the Czech Republic.

But the longest serving MP in the House of Commons, Tam Dalyell, says it is an unnecessary scheme.

“I think that the intensions of the Russians are anti-war and I don’t think Russia has any desire to attack Europe or the UK,” Dalyell said.

finally, someone in the U.K speaks out

Last edited by rammunition (2008-11-06 09:48:43)

God Save the Queen
Banned
Finally!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6769

FatherTed wrote:

I agree with mek et al on this matter, it's just another fucking dick waving contest.
i said that like 3 pages ago.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

usmarine wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

i said that like 3 pages ago.
I havn't the brain power to trawl through 5 pages sorry, reports sorta kill me.

kudos to you though.

<3 mandarin + skittles
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6527|Πάϊ

usmarine wrote:

oug wrote:

yummy

what do hillbillys eat?
ƒ³
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6769

we eat hairy greek women
Commie Killer
+192|6394
I cant understand how people are OK with living under the threat of nuclear annihilation.

I also cant understand how people think this shield will allow the US to do anything. Missiles launched towards North America would come over the North Pole, or the South Pole in the case of FOBS. Missiles only travel across Europe in CoD4.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2008-11-06 12:51:12)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6461|The Twilight Zone

Commie Killer wrote:

I cant understand how people are OK with living under the threat of nuclear annihilation.

I also cant understand how people think this shield will allow the US to do anything. Missiles launched towards North America would come over the North Pole, or the South Pole in the case of FOBS. Missiles only travel across Europe in CoD4.
Thats why its pointless to place missiles in Europe. And stupid.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6175

.Sup wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Thats why its pointless to place missiles in Europe. And stupid.
Bullshit.  Bush played COD4 and thought it was real, and he ordered a missile defense system be planted on Europe.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6769

you know...we cant just place them where ever the hell we want.  people had to agree to them.  so, and of course, no discussion about that at all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard