Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Okay, so what did Bush do that was good?
no terrorist attack in the US since 9/11.....
lol. How did he prevent that, pray tell? What did he do?
Patriot Act, wiretapping, and other such things you liberals cried foul at.

Sorry, you can't bitch at both increasing security and at decreasing liberties. It's either one or the other.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6696|NJ
I've never wantted to give away any freedom for protection.. It's a bullshit idea to take control over the people..
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I've never wantted to give away any freedom for protection.. It's a bullshit idea to take control over the people..
what freedom was taken from you?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6290|Éire

TrueMusou wrote:

No Child Left Behind was a fucking joke, and as counter productive as a fire extinguisher full of cheese whiz
Didn't they leave the money behind on that particular plan?
cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ

Braddock wrote:

TrueMusou wrote:

No Child Left Behind was a fucking joke, and as counter productive as a fire extinguisher full of cheese whiz

Sorry, you can't bitch at both increasing security and at decreasing liberties. It's either one or the other
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6290|Éire

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

TrueMusou wrote:

Sorry, you can't bitch at both increasing security and at decreasing liberties. It's either one or the other
What exactly are you on about? I was asking about the funding behind the no child left behind act because I've read that it was a good plan that was woefully implemented.

Things such as the 'Patriot' act and wiretapping without regulations only serve to imply criminality in every ciitizen in the eyes of the State. It's the kind of stuff used in East Germany in the desperate attempt to control the populace during the days of the cold war. Effective intelligence and security shouldn't need to have the rule book thrown out just to be implemented.

Last edited by Braddock (2008-11-05 10:35:38)

cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ
Whoops quoted the wrong person my bad..
Icleos
+101|6742

usmarine wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Our Fourth Amendment for starters.  Look up FISA Amendments Act of 2008.
Icleos
+101|6742

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine wrote:

no terrorist attack in the US since 9/11.....
lol. How did he prevent that, pray tell? What did he do?

Sorry, you can't bitch at both increasing security and at decreasing liberties. It's either one or the other.
Who decides whether the freedoms that are lost or deteriorated weigh equally to the ideals of security?
Shouldn't that be up to the people to determine?

A good amount or Representatives and Senators got hammered by their states for voting for the FISA Amendments Act of 2008.
Especially the Democrats.

Last edited by Icleos (2008-11-05 11:10:36)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6628|IRELAND

beerface702 wrote:

when obama made his speech tonight? McCain gave an amazing speech and took his loss with alot of integrity, he would have made an awesome potus imo. He has more there imo, more personality.

Obama is dry, something not there, I just can;t put my figure on it easily, maybe I am just a racist who is not obama drunk
I thought both speeches were gracious and more importantly aimed at uniting the American people.

I noticed a difference in Obama too. He went from asking Americans permission to do shit to telling American what he is going to do.

I think its the reality of it that's making you sick.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Icleos wrote:

usmarine wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

no no no.  what was taken from YOU?  specifically.  i want examples of what freedoms were stripped from your personally.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-11-05 11:52:42)

Icleos
+101|6742
Yea some people don't realize or forget that their alignments of appealing to the audience drastically change over their campaign career.
During the primaries they fall to their respective sides and then during the main election run they walk down straight center lines to appeal to the general populous.  In the aftermath they fall back to their original political standings/true position.  It isn't anything new if you know a little political science.

Last edited by Icleos (2008-11-05 12:06:56)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6328

usmarine wrote:

no no no.  what was taken from YOU?  specifically.  i want examples of what freedoms were stripped from your personally.
Even if he says nothing was taken, is that gonna prove some point that no liberties were taken away from anybody?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Im_Dooomed wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Even if he says nothing was taken, is that gonna prove some point that no liberties were taken away from anybody?
i dont see how your freedoms are taken away if you cant tell me what freedoms were actually taken from you.
Icleos
+101|6742

usmarine wrote:

Icleos wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Your laziness humors me...
Perhaps I should underline the "Unjustly use of search and seizure"
Buffers have been created and initiated to where the government doesn't even need a paper trail or evidence that you were wiretapped nor that they invaded your privacy.
In fact they get up to a week now to spy on you as they please.  Surely they will always deem their actions necessarily but that's not a guarantee against any kind of form of corruption.
To say a Government has a positive absolute for no corruption is a fallacy.
With this amendment instated the term "Unjustly use of search and seizure" now can potentially infringe your right of privacy.
All in the name of fighting terrorism.

Was that elaborate enough for you for just this one or do I need to make a Theis report with a list of it?

Last edited by Icleos (2008-11-05 12:05:42)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Ok you want to be a fucking smart ass.....

prove to me this was done to you or shut the fuck up and go cry somehwere else.
Icleos
+101|6742
It hasn't happen to me but in all probability, given the Patriot Act, it has already happened and will happen again to an innocent person.
What happens to someone when it does?  You don't hear about it and it will promptly swept under the rug.

The freedoms are suppose to be kept in place and maintained, not until they are obviously violated.
If the Government violated too many freedoms then they would have a problem on their hands.
It would only make sense for them to give themselves a little breathing room for their fight on "Terrorism" at the expense of personal freedoms.
Still remaining under the radar from the general people.

Here's a question to ask yourself.  When will we stop fighting against terrorism?  You surely can't eradicate it.
When will the sacrificed and squeezed freedoms be renewed back to their original state?

Last edited by Icleos (2008-11-05 12:21:15)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

but do you see my point?  the people always crying about freedoms being taken away never have had any freedoms ever taken away.  the ones who have most likely deserved it.  and ofc innocent people get in a mess sometimes.  has happened for like....ever.  and will continue to happen.
Icleos
+101|6742
If I were to have this happen to me or someone else on here, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't change your opinion.
Because undoing the infringe freedoms would be countering against the fight against this "Terrorism."
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

I was utterly sick to my stomach.  I think it was the soup I ate last night.
cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ
Oh I got one, My freedom to not get stopped and question when I'm not doing anything wrong.. The other day I was making a left going towards the Tunnel and Bam cherries go on behind me.. So I'm all nervous cause I thought I was going to get a light(failure to maintain) ticket. So a bit anxious cause I wasn't driving illegally I ask the officer "Scuse me officer what was I doing wrong"

The officers answer "nothing we're just randomly stoping one out of ten cars going through the tunnel to check papers"

So yeah a no reason stop = freedoms taking away.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

cpt.fass1 wrote:

sounds like a safety check.  and that's a reason.  and driving is not a right.  how is that your "freedom?"
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

usmarine wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

sounds like a safety check.  and that's a reason.  and driving is not a right.  how is that your "freedom?"
You also have a right against illegal search and seizure - 4th Amendment.  The cop fucked up by saying he pulled you over for no reason.  Had you gotten a ticket, you most likely would have had it dismissed.
cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ
dude seriously you're an ass.. Oh great so as long as anyone is touching a car since driving is a right we hold the "right" to violate your personal freedoms.. You can't justify it USMarine you're a scared little coward who wants the government to protect us how ever they deem necessary, and allow them to trample on our rights.. You are a poor excuse for an American.

Are you going to be happy when peoples houses get raided in the middle of the night, because having housing isn't a right..
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

A)  we dont know what the cop said for sure.
B)  maybe they are allowed by LAW to do safety checks/stops?

Last edited by usmarine (2008-11-05 12:39:12)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard