+717|6800

PlaneWhore wrote:

Glad you enjoyed the video.

Expect Part 2 Shortly - PKM Camping Sharqi Crane Style
i thought you didn't play anymore...
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6762|Reality
The only shots that really shouldn't happen are the ones near the end towards the chopper pad and the mosque.

All the other stuff is really short range. And a lot of shots against prone, stationary targets. A support weapon should be able to hit. Pre-1.2 you could overheat the barrel before killing someone at that distance. that  was clearly wrong.

Plenty of PKM / MG36 encounters  post-1.2 and as long as i remember to move side to side I can kill the bastards. Running right  at it or standing still and i get a 15 second time-out.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Longbow
+163|6665|Odessa, Ukraine
I think , if "n00b t00be" will be done as it was before v.1.20 , all problems with supports will go away ...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6670|USA
I guess nobody can say "hey fun video, your a good shot".......It has to be that something is wrong with the game if he got that many kills with the PKM........ I don't see a difference in the PKM at all.....The only thing funny about the video is their wasn't anyone smart enough to snipe his ass off the roof lol...I never could make it that long without someone snipin my ass..
Jamalen
+2|6762|Shetland Islands
I found out the new fun to be had with the PKM myself.

On the helipad on the TV station on Warlord, shooting SAS members as they parachuted in... 
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6787|Human Meat Shield
haha... Jamalen you must've been on the same server because I get shot out of the air by the truck or pkm/m36 pretty easily, so now I shoot back, it's really hard at a moving target as you are parachuting down.
Jamalen
+2|6762|Shetland Islands
Yeah, I found that as an SAS bod on Warlord its always advisable to have a sniper hidden (or BE the sniper hidden!) on the carpark in Warlord.

That way, if the insurgents put someone in that truck next to the first flag to spawnrape the guys parachuting in you can have his head removed with a 7.62mm round (or a 12.7mm if you MUST use the M95).

But its a LOT harder to defend against a PKM'er on the Helipad, as he can prone or squat up there and the only defense you have is to be AMAZING while parachuting in (which never happened to me when I did it) or to drop ARTY on the PKM bugger! (which DID happen to me,!)
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6726|NL

Apoly wrote:

i think after patch 1.21 they lowerd the accuracy of the PKM
BULLSH!T
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6776|Longueuil
PMK is just what it is supose to be a machine gun is supose to scare the sht out of people cause its powerfull and accurate more then most firearm and for the people who say it beet a sniper maybe your sniping from too close a sniper is not made to kill from short range the only thing i find buggy is that the mgs are accurate while standing up wow try to shooot a pkm standing up see if you can aim lol
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6715|Sacramento
Yeah thats a cool vid. I watched it from totalbf2.com forums though
Deadlift
+9|6700
its sad actually... as already said you are forced to use it...
90% of players use support as their prefered kit IAR, and the pkm is the best weapon overall.
Kill Snipers, take out an entire squad and even kill a whole humwee with it.

Scoring has never been so easy, every time I engage with my l96a1 i get killed by a pkm... snipers usually dont get you if you move left right a little while sniping yourself... but the pkm geek just points pulls repeats... and you're history.

In close combat.. dont even bother aiming, just never release the trigger until it overheats... you shurely have killed someone.
It's even possible to replace the BH Gun by it... just sit on a non m60 place.

Fun part will be, once its been weakened, there will be thousands of ppl crying because they cant kill anymore. XD
Nabraham
EWWW!!! Thats Nasty!!!
+18|6702|Enon
PKM is ridiculous, dont know how many times ive been sniped by it.
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6741|England
Ah well its only fair if they make the PKM and all of the other guns for support less accurate they changed the grenade launching!!!
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6713|Vancouver BC Canada
Ok, so the song is by Pink Floyd, but what is the title??
morbesso666
+0|6782|Givataim, Israel
OMG i gotta try thissssssssssssssssss
morbesso666
+0|6782|Givataim, Israel
Overall 27 PKM killzzz... not sure about the grenades.
darad0
+40|6640|Centreville, VA
The Pink Floyd song is called Sheep. It's off the album entitled 'Animals'. Its actually a really badass song, quite funny if you listen to the lyrics.
PlaneWhore
+59|6784

darad0 wrote:

The Pink Floyd song is called Sheep. It's off the album entitled 'Animals'. Its actually a really badass song, quite funny if you listen to the lyrics.
I'm glad some one noticed. The whole Animals CD is awesome though and every single song is great. I picked Sheep not only because it's a kick ass sounding song but the lyrics match well within the context of the video. The song gets a little "out there" towards the end, but the video doesn't even last that long either way, as Sheep the song is at least 10 minutes long.

I googled up the lyrics for any one who is interested, from one of the last great bands.

Sheep - Pink Floyd

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away;
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
You better watch out,
There may be dogs about
I’ve looked over jordan, and I have seen
Things are not what they seem.

What do you get for pretending the danger’s not real.
Meek and obedient you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel.
What a surprise!
A look of terminal shock in your eyes.
Now things are really what they seem.
No, this is no bad dream.

The lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me down to lie
Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by.
With bright knives he releaseth my soul.
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places.
He converteth me to lamb cutlets,
For lo, he hath great power, and great hunger.
When cometh the day we lowly ones,
Through quiet reflection, and great dedication
Master the art of karate,
Lo, we shall rise up,
And then we’ll make the bugger’s eyes water.

Bleating and babbling I fell on his neck with a scream.
Wave upon wave of demented avengers
March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

Have you heard the news?
The dogs are dead!
You better stay home
And do as you’re told.
Get out of the road if you want to grow old.
JimKong
+31|6661|Ohio
"Enemy boat spotted"
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6654|Prolly on wake.
Official Countdown to PKM Nerfage:

6 months 2 weeks 3 days 8 hours 27 minutes 34 seconds.......

Guess I should go unlock my Medic guns now, but damn it was fun while it lasted....
TigrisJK
+3|6744
BOOM HEADSHOT!

High-larious. I would've spawned as sniper and hunted your ass down if you were destroying me from up there.

Nice. I haven't unlocked the PKM, so whatever. Plus... it's so... cheap... I'd feel dirty.

BTW... LOVE the Floyd. I paused my Pink Floyd to watch the video and thought I was hallucinating things.

Last edited by TigrisJK (2006-03-12 22:52:30)

PunkX
stoned
+198|6642|Canada
pkm ownz. nuff said
Nanoaug
+0|6642
If I was commander I wouldve artyed him in  a second. The guys he was killing were noobs really, usually if you just stand in the open like that you will get picked off easily, least on the servers i play on
Deadlift
+9|6700
Hmpf yeah... there are certain people that Command only to get the 2x points.
Playing on a 50 Server lately were the Commanders always are from the hosting clan.
So strangely when I take a flag the commander is already there... UAV and Arti Support are always only where he is, and if i dare to ask him to mark snipers via scan he tells me that aint possible. >_<
But try a mutiny on a 50 server where you need 30+ votes...
I'm not shure if I should unlock the mg36 next... any thoughts form people having it compared to the pkm yet?!
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6643|Birmingham, UK
I feel your pain, Deadlift.
Now then, the MG36. Can well destroy the PKM in close quarters. Long range, the MG36 suffers BADLY! Fire it in burst instead! Far more accurate. If you look at http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons then you can compare the PKM and the MG36. The PKM is deadly on damage, dealing out 45 per hit. The MG36 puts in a modest 30. But the thing to bear in mind (which can help you kill those blasted PKM'ers in close range) is the fire rate. PKM turns out a measly 450rounds per minute (RPM - not to be confused with RPK, the MEC LMG ((Light Machine Gun, not to be confused with a Mercedes car))), whereas the MG36 turns out a lovely...600RPM. Now this is a problem. People used to think that it turned out 900RPM (including myself). How wrong we were! So, you must rely on a feather touch trigger and the best reactions. Going prone can be good in some situations, but offers a headshot possibility. Personally, I disagree that it heightens the possibility of the headshot, but it does increase your accuracy (which is all important with the MG36) - SO GO PRONE! Of course, you may think - "Hey! 600 beats 450!", and indeed, you may be right. But a margin of 150 is distinguishable, not so much with 150 (even if it is a slight advantage).
That's all I can say really. I try to stick to the more modern weapons, myself, to bring more realism to the game. The F2000 over the G3. The P90 and the DAO12 are a draw. Same with the Jackhammer and the MP7. Same with the M95 and the L96A1. Same with the G36C and the Scar-L. I use the G36E over the L85A1. And I try to use the MG36 over the PKM, but the damage and the long range capabilities...one is often tempted to the dark side, and I do have to sort those PKM'ers out one way or another!
In conclusion, use it on single-player in Special Forces, get to know it, nurse it well. If it really doesn't fit, then you shouldn't feel obliged to use it. If it does, then good for you! Another one who has given up the evilness of PKM's! (Although back in the day, I was pretty good with it! Lovely thing...just a bit old...)!

EDIT: Typing errors.

Last edited by TheDarkRaven (2006-03-18 06:10:45)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard