Stags
+26|6656
Makes sense, Just trying to clear up some differences here.  I've seen pictures of peope who shouldn't be alive, one guy got impailed on a steal rod didn't puncture any of his organs because the end was dull.  Very lucky man.  (worst I've had was a knife stabbed in my left hand and I couldn't imagin anything more painful well I could but I don't want to, I say you're a hero if you've been wounded by anything)

I really want to see some footage of ballistics gel and a .50 cal.  GOOGLE HERE I COME!
Defiance
+438|6671

Stags wrote:

It won't blow your chest away unless it had an explosive round.

Please imagin a half inch hole in your chest.  Please tell me that that is survivable.  I know the human body is fragile and resiliant at the same time but a 0.50 round doesn't seem survivable.
Knock that up a bit. Yes, your chest will still be there, albeit handing by threads unless its an explosive round.

If a .50 cal comes within 2 inches of you, the ripple force will be about as bad as the bullet actually hit you.

If the bullet grazes you, your just about as bad off as a direct hit.

The bullet is .50 inches, 50 cal or 1/2 inch, but it will leave a...well, MUCH bigger hole then half an inch.
junkpi1e
Captain Input
+4|6629|Sunshine Coast, Queensland

Defiance wrote:

The bullet is .50 inches, 50 cal or 1/2 inch, but it will leave a...well, MUCH bigger hole then half an inch.
Most definately. If anyone has seen the sniper video I've seen linked here somewhere at ogrish.com, you'll see someone get their head and arm blown off with one bullet. I'd estimate that a .50cal bullet would leave a hole just over half an inch where it first hits your body, but I'd be saying 3-4 inches where it exists.

Ow.
Defiance
+438|6671

Yes, thank you. I forgot some elementary stuff from my physics class.

The force will expand outward as the bullet slows down, so entry wound would be relative to the size of the bullet, but your organs will be shredded to fuck.

Last edited by Defiance (2006-03-10 23:24:02)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

wtf.panda wrote:

The real question about the M95 is...

Why the hell does the .50 cal bullet from it not kill someone in one shot if they get hit in the body, but the .50 cal from the hummer does?
Magic bullets.
dracul
+2|6808
Why the hell does the .50 cal bullet from it not kill someone in one shot if they get hit in the body, but the .50 cal from the hummer does?
It takes 2-3 hits with the mounted .50s too.
BudRell
+2|6837|Home

[EZLN]Sub.Marcos wrote:

a .50 cal will blow a plate sized hole in you, doesnt matter what range. And if you get a headshot, all you will have afterwards is a headless body and some mush on the floor.
LOLZ

But it's true...lol comes from the word "mush"
Kuban_Khaos
+2|6623|Menifee, Ca, 92584
Here is a 3 good sniping spots that Trobow and Nyte talk about . You need patience and good timing.  This is one of those well contested spots that you need to use Trobows rule on shooting which is "One Shot, One Kill".

The first map is Songhua Stalemate at the West Perimeter there is a Heli pad there and next to it by the road is a containment trailer with steps on the right when looking at it from the Heli pad. Lay prone on top of it a watch enemies walk by. They are so worried about laying land mines and watching for enemies that they dont even notice that some one is right next to them. If you miss on the first shot 90% of the time they will look for the sniper in the trees and in a bush. I have even had a enemy tank hide next to me at eye level with him with out him knowing.

The second spot is in Dragon Valley at the Construction Site. Look for a trailer that is in between the Site and the Surveillance Point near the open fence hole next to the road. There are steps leading to the fake door on the trailer. Lay prone there and snipe unsuspecting enemies. Again if you miss the first shot, they will only think that it is coming from either the construction building, the wall at the S. Point, or from the crane. As soon as they run for cover and lay prone to peak the corner., Bean them in the head. Make sure to aim for their helmet if you are far to make up for the "Bullet Drop".

The third is in Dragon Valley on the USMC Carrier (You have to be China for this to work). Go to the Refinery and grab the Z-8 Transport (The big, heavy, slow, helicopter). I may be slow but it does get you pretty high, pretty fast. Before leaving the Refinery get to at least 200 ft/yrd in the air so that when you leave by the time you get half way you are high enough that planes will not get a lock if they fly by and dont see you. Get over to the USMC Carries and jump out **WARNING: DO NOT PULL YOUR PARACHUTE AS SOON AS YOU JUMP OR  YOU WILL BE SPOTTED**. If you look all the way down and turn the mouse, you can fall in the direction you look at. Manuver yourself to the back of the Carrier near the second Turret Gun. Pull the parachute as close as you can to the floor and run to the side nearest land. climb the stairs and post on either level and wait for a copter to spawn. Here is the trick. Plant claymores to watch your back and with the M95 in hand shoot only when you get two people in the copter. shoot the pilot first(so he doesn't take off) then the gunner. After that they figure out that you are on the ship you got 15 seconds until they spawn to find you. Snipe smart for the next 12 seconds at unsuspecting enemies as they try to take off in the copter. After that have some fun and shoot anything that moves.

The Third spot is not a great idea but it gives your side a good heads up to spot the copters and the planes before they even take off. Also make sure that when you are spotted to never return to the spot until you get to a different server. The person inthe server who killed you will 95% of the time go back to see if you are there for a free sitting duck. I am not a sniping expert and these notes are not the key to sniping but only my experiance this is just what I have experienced so far.
EvilJebus
+11|6625
Why don't I use the M95?

Because it's not as good as the M24, or the L96A1. All three of these guns do the exact same damage to a person, but the M24 and L96A1 are more accurage than the M95. The only time I'll use the M95 is if I know I'm going to be sniping pilots out of helicopers or planes, other than that then other two are superior in every way.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6778
i prefer the M95 over the L96.
Maj.Do
+85|6752|good old CA
I use m95 for city maps like sharqi and kark.  close range sniping
I use type 88 alot on wake.  u l96ers dont stand a chase against a semi auto head blasting rifle : )
m24 (usa ) for extreme distance shots
l96 (pla and mec and rarely us) for same reason as m24
TigrisJK
+3|6726
Yes, we all know the 50 cal beast is underpowered. Ridiculously so. Nonetheless, it's a game.

Anyway, thick crosshairs. It's not unusable, and punching through glass is handy at times... but not handy often. The hair's difference of accuracy is rather important.

I prefer, personally, the L96 or the M24.
Nanoaug
+0|6624
Lol. "But in RL a .50 cal would kill you in one shot!!!!!". Guess what, this is a game, not RL. THink about it, if it did kill in 1 shot, everyone would use it, not like its hard to score a bodyshot with it. The game would turn into a sniper fest
Zukabazuka
+23|6685
I'm glad M95 isn't one hit kill, its no skill to use it then, as Nanoaug said everyone would use it. I would go for it to.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6721|Sydney, Australia

wtf.panda wrote:

Game balance. The hummer doesn't have a sniper scope on its .50cal does it?
dracul
+2|6808

mcminty wrote:

wtf.panda wrote:

Game balance. The hummer doesn't have a sniper scope on its .50cal does it?
Do you people even play the same game I do?
The humvee/vodnik guns are NOT 1-shot kills either. Anyone who has used them to kill anything other than point blank realize it takes 2 or 3 hits.
Aphex_D
I live for the 306
+26|6642|Uk
i think the real question is, if the bullet tears you in half ? then how can a medic with a big battery pack put your \"mush\" in you and send you off again...

no one wants a 1 shot sniper that would ruin it... fact
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6633|Florida
We've all played those games that are ultra realistic where you die with one shot. I imagine that EA would rather have more people on the battlefield than in spawn circulation.

Haven't played much with the M95, but did pick up a L96 and absolutely loved it. Will be my next unlock when that time comes. Would be fun to spend more time as sniper.
Impaqt
+37|6638|Chicago, Il
I use the M95 in maps where Theres a Helocopter being a Pain in the butt....   For most city Maps I use the l96 now. 

As far as accuracy...  Once you get a feel for the bullet drop, its not so bad with the 95.  Thats a Heavy round compared to the 96.  I can snipe guys on the Crane in sharqui from the top of the TV Station and get once shot kills almost every time......

On Ghost Town I like toset up on the roof across the river from the North Flag.  Good view of the glag and Chopper spawn.  WIth the 95 I can take out the pilot before the rotors get up to speed....
CrazeD
+368|6673|Maine

Defiance wrote:

Yes, thank you. I forgot some elementary stuff from my physics class.

The force will expand outward as the bullet slows down, so entry wound would be relative to the size of the bullet, but your organs will be shredded to fuck.
But, if the round doesn't slow down then it won't do that. As someone said, it will just pass right through them. Not that it matters, a sniper doesn't want to blow someone in half..if they're going to kill someone, they go for a heart, neck, or headshot.

A .50 caliber weapon isn't meant for infantry. It's an anti-material rifle. They use it to blow up un-exploded ordinance (mortor rounds, mines, whatever), to disable vehicles, and to sometimes take out personal behind armor plating or walls.

To take out infantry, they'd most likely use .308's or such.
Devolant
+3|6637|Sweden

StormEye wrote:

Why did I have to use those free unlocks so fast and did not realize that L96 is comming out... T.T
Word

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard