xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6698
I got killed while parachuting with one hit. this was before i put in the 1.21 patch so the screenshots didn't work. this blows. this was at wake too
MrE`158
+103|6624
Under the rules of war, it's illegal to shoot someone who's parachuting.  The reasoning behind this is that they are, at the time, unarmed and incapable of defending themselves.

In BF2, however, soldiers are highly trained and can guide their parachute without the use of their hands (presumably adusting the angle of their ears to affect wind resistance, and so on), and can therefore hold a gun and return fire.  So shooting someone who's parachuting is fine.

Tough luck on the one-hit kill, though.  My compliments to the sniper!
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6698
lol but he wasn't a sniper. i saw him and was trying to shoot him from what it looked like, his boony hat looked like a medic
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6674|Canada Eh?
must of been a three shot burst to the head

*Edit: That was a shitty typo

Last edited by Vampira_NB (2006-03-11 14:29:33)

EvilJebus
+11|6625
The guy got a lucky shot, how hard is that. If he was using the L85A1, it's got a very nice scope it's not very unlikly. The G36E is also very accurate, not that hard to believe that one of these two guns could easily gotten a head shot.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6739

MrE`158 wrote:

Under the rules of war, it's illegal to shoot someone who's parachuting.  The reasoning behind this is that they are, at the time, unarmed and incapable of defending themselves.

!
Yeah, rules of war, um yeah.
BudRell
+2|6838|Home
Oh...it would be nice if there were "dum-dums" too in ammo selection.
They would rip those umbrellas and the man nicely to small pieces when they are coming down.
Unfortunately that ammo type was "banned" after WW2 :-(
Juice
+2|6775|Melbourne, Australia
There are many aspects of the Geneva Conventions this game doesn't adhere to, but if it did, it wouldn't be very fun.  For instance, under the Geneva Conventions, you're not allowed to kill a medic if they're equipped with a Personal Defence Weapon (and not an assault rifle) and havn't attacked you - I think.  I'm not too certain on it all but I remember reading it somewhere.
Seaneroo
+12|6659

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

lol but he wasn't a sniper. i saw him and was trying to shoot him from what it looked like, his boony hat looked like a medic
Let's review here.  You were shotting at the guy, and you're complaining that he shot back?  It's an outrage!
nordicfireman
+7|6673

MrE`158 wrote:

In BF2, however, soldiers are highly trained and can guide their parachute without the use of their hands (presumably adusting the angle of their ears to affect wind resistance, and so on), and can therefore hold a gun and return fire.
LMAO their ears hahahaaa
Kayback
+-1|6813
It isn't the Geneva convention that banned dum dum bullets, it was the Hague treaty. The Geneva convention was mainly about prisoners and non combatants. This is where the parachute thing comes in.

This doesn't apply in BF2 because of said things. I also dont' think it applies to parachute troops, only to plane crew's who have ejected. They are basically prisoners of war already, they've surrendered by jumping out of their plane.

Anyway, the preamble to both these treaties says it is only enforced in wars between two signatory countries. I don't think the MEC ever signed the accords, mainly because there is NO MEC army.

I'm not sure if China ever signed them either, and I'm not in the mood to look them up.

Another part of the preamble says that the accords can be set aside if one of the sides isn't a sinitory, or if one of their allies in the war isn't. They are also null and void if the other side breaks them first.

KBK
xaven
+25|6734|Berlin
there are no rules in love and war...
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6744|Malaga, EspaƱa
lol, so what u got killed while parachuting.. 1 shot, just give the guy a break he got lucky shot for a moment i shot someone in a Free fall , with the G3 in Wake....some guy jumps out of a high hovering chopper and i shot him with 1 shot...just lucky

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard