Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6183|Ireland
How long has he been back?  Decompressing from being deployed can take awhile, Civi is a whole different world and you end up with so much time on your hand you don't know what to do and everything seems foriegn.

If it is hunting season over there take him out hunting so he can kill something, it will make him feel better.  If he tries to climb a tree with a big knife to jump on top of the deer and kill him with the knife just be understanding because that is what they teach us in the ARMY and it is perfectly normal.

But yeah, he is bored and confused by civi life and probably finds his friends all boring and uninteresting so he is escaping reality with WOW which is crack for his brain.  Do an intervention, he needs real life excitement.  Also tell his GF she needs to blow him more often to keep him off the WOW.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6296|Bloomington Indiana

Lotta_Drool wrote:

How long has he been back?
he got back from iraq last february then was stationed in the states from april 07-early august '08
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6183|Ireland
Get him off the WOW.  Paintball, hunting, High Power rifle competition shooting, rock climbing.....  reality is boring as hell and he has spent his whole life out of HS having people make him do shit that gave him adventure,a rush, pride, sense of accomplishment.... that he won't get in civi life.  Obviously he is a follower and not willing to find something to do himself. 

Dress like a Muslim and kick him in the nuts while chanting Allahu Akbar!  He will like that.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6296|Bloomington Indiana

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Get him off the WOW.  Paintball, hunting, High Power rifle competition shooting, rock climbing.....  reality is boring as hell and he has spent his whole life out of HS having people make him do shit that gave him adventure,a rush, pride, sense of accomplishment.... that he won't get in civi life.  Obviously he is a follower and not willing to find something to do himself. 

Dress like a Muslim and kick him in the nuts while chanting Allahu Akbar!  He will like that.
yay, now im the alpha male of our group!
rdx-fx
+955|6591

Lotta_Drool wrote:

If he tries to climb a tree with a big knife to jump on top of the deer and kill him with the knife just be understanding because that is what they teach us in the ARMY and it is perfectly normal.
LMAO

The video store called.  They want their copy of Rambo I returned.

And, no, I don't think they teach you to hunt deer by jumping out of trees with a knife.. even if it is the Irish Army.

it's "Gunner! Sabot! Squirrel!"

Last edited by rdx-fx (2008-10-31 11:59:30)

Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6183|Ireland

rdx-fx wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

If he tries to climb a tree with a big knife to jump on top of the deer and kill him with the knife just be understanding because that is what they teach us in the ARMY and it is perfectly normal.
LMAO

The video store called.  They want their copy of Rambo I returned.

And, no, I don't think they teach you to hunt deer by jumping out of trees with a knife.. even if it is the Irish Army.

SABOT?  Not for a Squirrel, use a Heat round.  Didn't you learn anything in the MCOFT.

Timed BeeHive would be totally sweet for hunting squirrel.
rdx-fx
+955|6591

Lotta_Drool wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

SABOT?  Not for a Squirrel, use a Heat round.  Didn't you learn anything in the MCOFT.

Timed BeeHive would be totally sweet for hunting squirrel.
I was thinking more along the lines of ;

Fire mission. All available. airburst, 150m.  Flock of geese.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

RDX-FX wrote:

It really sucks that they're sending kids over there for 12-18 months for their first tour.
That really is crap.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Icleos
+101|6742
Shit I should have put that down as one of my reasons for signing up.

To get away from the idiocy of civilian life.
So what if he doesn't wish to "mingle."  If he wishes to let WoW consume his life then that's his choice.
He's probably seen a much harder reality in his life than you ever will see so let him live for himself a bit.
imortal
+240|6665|Austin, TX

Dilbert_X wrote:

RDX-FX wrote:

It really sucks that they're sending kids over there for 12-18 months for their first tour.
That really is crap.
No, that is the military.

Ayway, get him off WOW

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard