User007Gamer
???
+21|5974|Dubai, UAE
I know there are loads of bugs and glitches in SF (walls etc.) but some of them really get my attention. Here are a few.

1. Full auto G36E. Nice while it lasted

2. When you go down a grapple hook, sometimes you end up getting 'stuck on the rope'. The only way you can get off it is if you go back to the top which pretty much kills the whole point of the grapple hook.

3. When you go up a grapple hook sometimes you get to the top and just fall back down. Pretty useless too.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria

User007Gamer wrote:

3. When you go up a grapple hook sometimes you get to the top and just fall back down. Pretty useless too.
That usually happens when there isn't enough room at the edge to fit in a whole soldier.
IIRC, that also happens when the rope is hindered by some props.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6558|England

User007Gamer wrote:

That can happen with any gun, seen it with the M16A2.

User007Gamer wrote:

2. When you go down a grapple hook, sometimes you end up getting 'stuck on the rope'. The only way you can get off it is if you go back to the top which pretty much kills the whole point of the grapple hook.
I thought a grapple hook was for climbing, not abseiling? Besides, parachute down, its quicker, easier and safer...
Anyway, thats because the exit is blocked: similar in a fashion to when you climb up a ladder and a vehicle is blocking the exit at the top (try moving a BH a carrier to the top of a ladder) or when you get on a mounted MG and a vehicle is blocking behind you: you cant exit it.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6373|the land of bourbon
i'm pretty sure if you hold S, and then hit E when you are at the bottom of the rope, you will always let go.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6373|Oslo, Norway

Snake wrote:

Besides, parachute down, its quicker, easier and safer...
It's not often I disagree with you Snake, but parachuting isn't always the safest way. Either I suck bad or someone who doesn't like me packed my 'chute. It doesn't open every time, even when I'm jumping from 3rd floor and higher...   

Last edited by Babb Master Flash (2008-10-27 07:28:11)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6558|England

Babb Master Flash wrote:

Snake wrote:

It's not often I disagree with you Snake, but parachuting isn't always the safest way. Either I suck bad or someone who doesn't like me packed my 'chute. It doesn't open every time, even when I'm jumping from 3rd floor and higher...   
You have to be a certain distance away from the building in question...it wont work if you are dead tight to it
Nihil
+15|5798|Malaga, Spain
Two things about the grapple:

You can hop off your rope when you get stuck with the spacebar.

Secondly, the reason you sometimes fall off the rope is because it gets a "wrinkle" in it due to some object protruding from the surface you're trying to scale. If it doesn't hang completely straight, hit G to take back the rope and try throwing it again. You need to find a moderately smooth surface most of the time. You can also fall off the rope when you reach the top if there are several people on the rope and one of your team mates knocks you down by reaching the top milliseconds before you.

The grapple takes some work to master, but it rocks when you know what you're doing. You can make some seemingly impossible jumps across vast chasms, and on Ghost Town you can traverse most places without touching the ground at all.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6373|Oslo, Norway

Snake wrote:

Babb Master Flash wrote:

Snake wrote:

You have to be a certain distance away from the building in question...it wont work if you are dead tight to it
It does happen even if I run, jump and try to 'chute... Maybe I'm just a paranooob...   
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6404|Belgium
I remember warping to the outside of the ship on Iron Gator after being revived. That was good fun Or tear gas surrounding your critically wounded player model so that it still hampered your ability to sprint when you respawned.
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6626|England

User007Gamer wrote:

I know there are loads of bugs and glitches in SF (walls etc.) but some of them really get my attention. Here are a few.

All my guns are full auto with my macro lol.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6319|Australia
I keep having issues on gator when the med/ammo packs fall through the floor. Pretty annoying when you have to toss down 5 packs before one stays on your floor.
Also an issue is the choppers capping the engine room flag through the hanger bay floor, or the hanger bay aft flag getting capped through the deck.

In warlord, its also possible to glitch into several buildings (palace, near insurgent hideout, and near TV). Very annoying, but it's good for lulz when you do the C4-on-the-turret trick.
Nihil
+15|5798|Malaga, Spain
You can glitch on ghost town too, I've seen the bastards doing it with my own eyes.

I hate when medic packs fall through the floor. That happens on a lot of maps.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard