Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6657|Brisbane, Australia

Go grab your copy of bf2, done? Good.

Now, open the case and check out disk 3

My question is simple: What the hell are those *minigun like* things on the side of the blackhawk? no, not the miniguns themselves, but that wing thingy with the tube with circles?

That thing doesnt show up ingame, however on the battlefield 2 website, under the picture of the blackhawk, it has the same thing, but without the tube

Mabey i dont see it because i have all my settings on low
Roberto
+0|6625|The Netherlands

Sarrk wrote:

There's only 1 disk? (DVD)
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

TT_TT Damn you and your dvds TT_TT
im talking about the Cd version
tF-afrojap
+124|6848|SF
This is very old news. The BH used to come equipped with rockets like the attack choppers. They got taken out before release though, thank god.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6702
Oh come on. Everyone knows that blackhawks have always been tragically underpowered, and clearly at the mercy of all ground forces. I just thank god that EA took so long to beef up the AA missiles, or blackhawks would have never had a chance to shine at all.
Kylau
+9|6707|Washington
It shouldnt be a blackhawk anyway.

The Army uses Blackhawk and the Marines/Navy use Seahawk.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6751
geeze they still make cd versions!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Kylau wrote:

you are correct, u have been awarded the intelligence award ribbon
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
USMCkilla
+16|6763|South Carolina
I really think EA dropped the ball in the game on this.  The Marine Corps doesnt use the SH-60 seahawk at all except for 4 of them as a Presidential transport.  We use the UH-1 Huey, CH-46 Sea Knight and the CH-53 Sea Stallion.  I for one would LOVE to be able to fly a 53 around a map and have it loaded with 20+ guys!  Sure the Navy has the SH-60's but they almost NEVER transport Marines anywhere on them. I know in my 5+ years in the Corps being a grunt I have never ridden on on.
Erkut.hv
+124|6736|California

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Kylau wrote:

you are correct, u have been awarded the intelligence award ribbon
Indeed, paint the BH grey and call it good. And fatten it up a bit. Give it a winch lift too.
DSRTurtle
+56|6687
They stole the blackhawk from the Army.  lmao
USMCkilla
+16|6763|South Carolina
I think it would be badass if they put a MV-22 Osprey in the game in Armored Fury!!
[img]http://www.pc-wallpapers.co.uk/wallpapers/Aircraft/airplanes/Parachutists_from_MV-22_Osprey_1024.jpg[img]
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida

USMCkilla wrote:

I really think EA dropped the ball in the game on this.  The Marine Corps doesnt use the SH-60 seahawk at all except for 4 of them as a Presidential transport.  We use the UH-1 Huey, CH-46 Sea Knight and the CH-53 Sea Stallion.  I for one would LOVE to be able to fly a 53 around a map and have it loaded with 20+ guys!  Sure the Navy has the SH-60's but they almost NEVER transport Marines anywhere on them. I know in my 5+ years in the Corps being a grunt I have never ridden on on.
The USMC still uses Hueys?  wtf?  Why didn'tthey have Hueys in BF2.  I loved those things in BF:V.  They look so awesome and orginal, plus the side mounted MG's are freakin awesome.  Hueys>Black/SeaHawks
USMCkilla
+16|6763|South Carolina
"The USMC still uses Hueys?  wtf?  Why didn'tthey have Hueys in BF2.  I loved those things in BF:V.  They look so awesome and orginal, plus the side mounted MG's are freakin awesome.  Hueys>Black/SeaHawks"

Yes we still use them allot.  They share allot of the same parts as the cobra so it makes the easier to maintain.  If you look at the video in the frist post you will see a few Huey's taking off behind the cobra's. Granted they have been upgraded with two engines new avionic's etc but we still use them and will continue to use them until we get money to buy something better.
Inquatitis
+1|6640

USMCkilla wrote:

I think it would be badass if they put a MV-22 Osprey in the game in Armored Fury!!
https://www.pc-wallpapers.co.uk/wallpapers/Aircraft/airplanes/Parachutists_from_MV-22_Osprey_1024.jpg
oh yes, i rode in one of those things on a trainig mission once.
i love them.

Last edited by Inquatitis (2006-03-10 13:14:23)

Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

Jeeeessssusssss Christ!!

That is one mad chopper
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6702

Sarrk wrote:

Jeeeessssusssss Christ!!

That is one mad chopper
if youre talking about the osprey, i believe thats a tilt-rotor aircraft, meaning it can be both a plane and a helicopter. But then I know next to nothing about military equipment, so someone with more knowledge might be a better source.
DSRTurtle
+56|6687

Skruples wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

Jeeeessssusssss Christ!!

That is one mad chopper
if youre talking about the osprey, i believe thats a tilt-rotor aircraft, meaning it can be both a plane and a helicopter. But then I know next to nothing about military equipment, so someone with more knowledge might be a better source.
You are correct about it being a tilt rotor aircraft.  It is more an airplane than helicopter, but it can hover and do things similar to a helicopter.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6845|Bryan/College Station, TX
This discussion is reminding me of a...

https://ops.tamu.edu/kilroy/BF2S/broken_record.jpg
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Jakethe8lf
+13|6642|Victoria, Australia
Super Stallion ftw! Although, if you Stinger killed it filled up. That's a lot of tickets lost.
airborne916
+24|6666

Sarrk wrote:

My question is simple: What the hell are those *minigun like* things on the side of the blackhawk? no, not the miniguns themselves, but that wing thingy with the tube with circles?

That thing doesnt show up ingame, however on the battlefield 2 website, under the picture of the blackhawk, it has the same thing, but without the tube

yeah i asked my friend that on xfire about a month ago. we did not know why thay did not put it in the game.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6743|London

Sarrk wrote:

You mean this?

https://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3529/bf202large3lg.jpg
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Brasso
+1,549|6631

Roberto wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

There's only 1 disk? (DVD)
got the DVD version too, sorry
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6740|Comber, Northern Ireland
but i saw a pic with the MEC and PLA helo's with rocket pods on them also, and does anyone have any idea what the hovercraft would have looked like?>
DocZ
+13|6689|Belgium

Kylau wrote:

don't forget the Pavehawk

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard