-Gunsmoke-
+165|6642|South Jersey
yeah screw that the only way im getting explosives ordinance badge is by suicide bombing very other way has not worked i get killed too much trying to"sneak up" on a tank
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6848|Cologne, Germany

Trinity ®© wrote:

EAUK_Protagonist wrote:

Ranked server providers are currently obliged to follow a set of terms and conditions as laid down by EA. The standing at present is that these Rules of Engagement are an optional extra and are not mandatory for server providers to follow.

That said, I am currently looking to get clarification on the "official" status of the BF2RS program as it does seem to be causing a great deal of confusion both among players and server hosts.
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.ph … p;start=15

BF2RS' RoE are now officially just guidelines for private and clan servers.
as bf2s.com is going to have a ranked EU server real soon, I am watching this one closely.
As it stands, BF2RS admins only have powers on Official EA Public servers. I wouldn't know wether they are obliged to check on privately owned ranked servers from time to time. That would be quite some work...

With that said, everyone currently renting a ranked server should contact their GSP and ask wether they have been contacted by EA about those RoE.

On a side note: From a general POV, I do support the RoE. After all, we also paid our money for access to a global ranking system and it would only be fair if all servers participating in that ranking system did have the same rules regarding gameplay. I believe we all agree on that.
Spll@sh
+0|6664
Using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping).
THATS ALL IT SAYS! CARNT SEE ANYTHING ABOUT REPAIR!
DSRTurtle
+56|6693
How can using the Blackhawk to take flags be any different than using an APC to take flags?  Sure the Blackhawk is faster but other than that, what's the difference?
jokerhv
+1|6694
If you read throw all the information on the EA Forums website you will notice that EA/Dice list all the rules. What BF2Rankedservers did was take that information, with EA/Dice approval, and then added some of their own rules. If you are not sure what is good or not, when just follow the EA/Dice rules. BF2rankedservers is the place to go and compain. They will filter all the BS and then report back to EA/Dice. This all came about because there are to many little sh!ts running wild in the servers. Sometimes you even get those great server admins that think the can kick/ban a person for just asking a question. There is a lot of great information about this on the EA forums. Alot of players have a issue with these rules because they "paid" for a ranked server. Well, u might of "paid" for a ranked server but u must follow their rules. It's just like having a driver license. If you don't follow the rules of the raod, there will be someone there to correct u. That is why BF2rankedserver was founded.

Ok all,

Recently we have seen alot of topics posted on suspected cheats/padders/over zealous server admins. Now I understand that this can be very frustrating at times when you come across these people, but coming onto the forums and naming people will only result in arguements and flaming.

To this end from now on would people please follow these simple rules:

1. If you suspect someone of cheating please goto to Punkbuster website. From there you will be able to submit a report. Make sure that you have all the details regarding the suspected cheat.

2. If you suspect someone of stat padding then please goto BF2 Ranked Servers Site and again post a message stating what you saw, which server you were on etc.....

3. If you have a problem with an over zealous server admin then again you need to go along to BF2 Ranked Servers Site and post a message.

4. If you feel that a server is in breach of the rules then again please go to BF2 Ranked Servers Site and make a report.

5. If you feel that someones user name in game is offensive the please e-mail the staff at [email protected].

Thanks

Homer J
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=6

Question
  How do I report abuse of the scoring and ranking system?

Answer
  If you have found that someone is abusing the ranking system for Battlefield 2 please submit a screenshot of either the action as it is taking place, or of the main score screen that displays the offender's score.  Also make sure that the name of the account in question is visible in the screenshot itself.  Once the infraction has been fully reviewed and verified the appropriate action will be taken against that account.

To save a screenshot:

Press the PrtScn or Print Screen key when the screen you want to save appears. The Print Screen key is usually located above the arrow keys on most keyboards.
This will save an image of your screen in your Windows Clipboard.
Open any image editing software (Paint, Photoshop, PhotoImage, etc.)
Create a new image
Select Edit
Select Paste
Save the file as a .jpg file (to keep the filesize down)

To submit the screenshot:
Click the Ask a Question tab at the top of this page
You'll have to Sign up if you don't have an EA account
Enter the details of the infraction, including the user names and server they were last seen on.
Click the Add an attachment button at the bottom of the page.
Use the browse window that pops up to find the screenshot file on your computer
Click Save
It may take a minute or two to upload (depending on the size of the file), but once it's done, the screenshot will be permanently attached to your support incident.  Once this is done we will research and verify the infraction submitted.

If you have had your score and rank reset, please refer to the article found here.
DSRTurtle
+56|6693
Apparently someone didn't see the sarcasm in the question.  Since 1.12 atleast Blackhawks cap flags as if only 1 person was in it.  The same as every other vehicle.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6720|Norway

jokerhv wrote:

Some good stuff, a quote w/link... more good stuff etc.
Long, good post!

I agree 100% with you - and that is the best discussion-closer I've seen...
Bf2rankedservers are as legit as EA!
Trinity ®©
+1|6797

B.Schuss wrote:

Trinity ®© wrote:

EAUK_Protagonist wrote:

Ranked server providers are currently obliged to follow a set of terms and conditions as laid down by EA. The standing at present is that these Rules of Engagement are an optional extra and are not mandatory for server providers to follow.

That said, I am currently looking to get clarification on the "official" status of the BF2RS program as it does seem to be causing a great deal of confusion both among players and server hosts.
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.ph … p;start=15

BF2RS' RoE are now officially just guidelines for private and clan servers.
as bf2s.com is going to have a ranked EU server real soon, I am watching this one closely.
As it stands, BF2RS admins only have powers on Official EA Public servers. I wouldn't know wether they are obliged to check on privately owned ranked servers from time to time. That would be quite some work...

With that said, everyone currently renting a ranked server should contact their GSP and ask wether they have been contacted by EA about those RoE.

On a side note: From a general POV, I do support the RoE. After all, we also paid our money for access to a global ranking system and it would only be fair if all servers participating in that ranking system did have the same rules regarding gameplay. I believe we all agree on that.
Indeed, the RoE as a concept are good. However, if you look at the BF2RS forums you will see any attempt to question them or provide input gets squashed. So the RoE were not the result of a broad based community development, as they should have been. They were developed by a few L3 admins at BF2Rs.

I checked with a few GSPs, and contrary to what IndianScout has said, they have NOT been contacted by EA about adopting the BF2RS RoE. In fact a couple GSPs have initiated contact with EA about this and they were told essentially what the admin on the EA official forums put forth...the BF2RS are just guidelines for any 3rd party server op.
B.Schuss

I did follow your conversation with the guys at the BF2RS forums and would agree they did not seem to be very co-operative.

Still, as far as the server settings are concerned ( infantry only, pistols only, etc ) I am in full agreement with the RoE. If the ranking systems is supposed to be any kind of fair representation of our performance, it is vital that the playing environment is the same for everyone. you shouldn't have different settings on ranked servers.

the rest of the stuff should remain open for discussion. As far as I know the idea for BF2RS came out of the community. Problem is, as soon as you get too close to EA, some of the good intentions are bound to get jeopardized..

Then again, if you want to make the RoE kinda "official", you need to be close to EA. I don't envy the guys at BF2RS. They obviously get pressure from both sides...
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6789

ROEs are stupid. So long as the game allows it then you are at a disadvantage if you restrict your gameplay because all will not adhere to the ROEs.  If EA cared then they should patch it...its not hard.  Till then I'm fed up with people wanting to play "BF2 Police" and telling me how I should play.
Trinity ®©
+1|6797
Battlefield Ranked Server Rules & Policies

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … erpolicies

Dice and EA are limiting trusted server software distribution to our network of ‘Trusted Partners’ in order to protect the integrity of the code system. We want everyone to be able to play Ranked Servers if they choose. It is imperative that all of these Rules and Policies be adhered to in order to create a level playing field for everyone.

Server Configuration
Something to be aware of with Ranked Servers is that they will have a number of settings hard-coded so that users cannot adjust them. These settings were all set as below to keep the competition on Ranked servers balanced across all providers.

Min Players: 16
sv.password = empty string. Ranked servers may not be password protected. Ranked servers are intended to be available to all players.
sv.numPlayersNeededToStart = (6 for maxPlayers 16, 10 for 32, 10 for 64)
sv.spawnTime 15
sv.manDownTime 15
sv.ticketRatio 100
sv.teamRatioPercent 100
sv.punkBuster 1

Though it is not required, we also request that all servers run Friendly Fire at 100% for all settings, including mines (sv.friendlyFireWithMines).

Ranked servers must be entirely "pure" with no customization outside of the default content shipped by DICE/EA. Ranked servers will not be allowed to run Mods or Custom Maps, as we cannot ensure the balance of these components. Custom maps are never permitted.

BF2CC may be used to access and adjust server settings.

We do permit map sizes to be defined independently of maximum players and minor admin enforced changes in game play behavior. These changes need to be explicitly announced either in the server description or somewhere on the loading screen.

Whenever there is a new patch released Ranked Partners are required to upgrade their servers. Ranked servers are not to run upcoming content early nor out of date content.

Exploit/Hacker Reports
Please provide screenshots and reports of stat exploiters or players using hacks in servers. There are 3 possible routes for reports.

1. EA Customer Support: http://support.ea.com/
   2. Battlefield Ranked Servers forum: http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/forums/
   3. Punkbuster: In the event you find a cheat, hack or exploit email what info you have to [email protected]

Rules of Engagement [RoE]
Beyond the server configuration settings there are many in-game policies for ranked servers. We refer to these as the Rules of Engagement, and they are managed by EA and Combat Studios on the BF2 Ranked Servers site. Due to the dynamic nature of BF2 this is a living document and subject to revisions. In the same forum there is a location to debate and discuss the RoE. These are rules driven by the community and thus feedback is imperative to keeping the RoE on track and fair.

This helps a bit. The last line made me smile.
Maj.Do
+85|6759|good old CA
2 EA OFFICIAL PUBLIC SERVER RULES

These are rules that EA official server administrators enforce to maintain friendly, disciplined servers and are in addition to the global rules defined above.

§2.1 You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language in chat or voice mode.

§2.2 You may not use foul or slanderous language involving race, gender, sexual preference, religion or creed.

§2.3 You may not deliberately hinder your own team or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team losses.

* § Commander flying or in a vehicle instead of commanding
    * § Destruction of friendly vehicles
    * § Excessive team killing
    * § Team switching to gain medals or awards

that part, so commanders cant camp in humvees now?
Stormscape666
+2|6639|Soviet Canuckistan
OMG
They said no Jihad Jeeps!
How am I supposed to annoy the hell out of the enemy armor wh0res without Jihad Jeeps?
Trinity ®©
+1|6797

Maj.Do wrote:

2 EA OFFICIAL PUBLIC SERVER RULES

These are rules that EA official server administrators enforce to maintain friendly, disciplined servers and are in addition to the global rules defined above.

§2.1 You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language in chat or voice mode.

§2.2 You may not use foul or slanderous language involving race, gender, sexual preference, religion or creed.

§2.3 You may not deliberately hinder your own team or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team losses.

* § Commander flying or in a vehicle instead of commanding
    * § Destruction of friendly vehicles
    * § Excessive team killing
    * § Team switching to gain medals or awards

that part, so commanders cant camp in humvees now?
The Level 2 rules only apply to BF2RS administrated servers. I suggested this wording.

2.3        You may not deliberately hinder your own team or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team losses. Examples include:

* Flying commanders are prohibited
        * Combat Commanding while operating primarily from a vehicle is prohibited

Last edited by Trinity ®© (2006-03-06 23:36:37)

DSRTurtle
+56|6693
Commanding from HUMVEE or any other ground vehicle could and probably should be considered self preservation.   There are some maps where being in a such vehicle could and does make you a more vulnerable target for certain enemy forces.  Get killed enough while being a commander and you will get mad and commandeer a vehicle for better protection against ground troops.  Also on some server configurations the commander must fight in addition to command to help their side win.  Using a ground vehicle for mobility is not only an option its very much a requirement. 

That being said.  Commanders should use reasonable judgement in the selection of vehicles they commandeer for protection.   I never command from a tank or a plane.  I usually use an unused air defense platform or ground defense platform or jeep.  I have used an APC to command from.  As I am usually an engineer when commanding I repair commander's assets myself rather than drop supplies if no engineer is available to repair them for me.
||3RB||earljohnson
Got Milk?
+0|6686
if you play on a ranked server are you REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THE ROE??? i realize that this may sound noobish, but where do these people get the power to tell ME how to play the game, im not trying to make enemies, im just asking someone to explain to me what is.  I see NOTHING on the Battlefield2.com site which tells me that these people are the ultimate rule makers, so please do help me out.

Last edited by ||3RB||earljohnson (2006-03-10 01:09:31)

DSRTurtle
+56|6693

||3RB||earljohnson wrote:

if you play on a ranked server are you REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THE ROE??? i realize that this may sound noobish, but where do these people get the power to tell ME how to play the game, im not trying to make enemies, im just asking someone to explain to me what is.  I see NOTHING on the Battlefield2.com site which tells me that these people are the ultimate rule makers, so please do help me out.
Yes, but you will for the most part find that it is easy to follow it.  My opinion is that if you try to kill the enemy and keep your team healed, repaired, and/or supplies, you will not have any problem following it.  If you decide to try for some of the harder badges to obtain, i.e. the knife and pistol badges, you will find some excellent suggestions in different topics on this site.
B.Schuss

the RoE are merely an attempt to limit stats padding, exploiting and cheating on public EA servers and those affiliated with the BF2 Ranked Servers program.

The RoE call for certain settings that ranked servers have to abide ( number of players, weapons allowed, vehicles allowed, etc.. ). They also set forth a set of rules for players to abide ( with regard to stats padding, exploiting, cheating, etc.. ).

The overall intention is to make sure that the way we earn global points is the same for all players worldwide and thereby assuring the integrity of the ranking system.

In a way, that is "telling people how to play the game", but then again, there are rules to every game.
It is beyond me why people can understand the concept and the importance of rules when it comes to sports or driving but fail to do so in a videogame.

Please read the RoE carefully. There is a difference between official public EA servers and privately rented ranked servers.

I am with DSR|Turtle on this.

DSR|Turtle wrote:

...you will for the most part find that it is easy to follow it.  My opinion is that if you try to kill the enemy and keep your team healed, repaired, and/or supplied, you will not have any problem following it.
||3RB||earljohnson
Got Milk?
+0|6686
so with the privately ranked rented ones does the roe not apply, and it does on the public EA ones?
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6720|Norway
Three different levels:
1 - Globally=everybody in the whole world
2 - EA's servers=yeah, you got it
3 - optional for privatly owned servers=not EA's, but everybody elses.

Hope it clears stuff up!
||3RB||earljohnson
Got Milk?
+0|6686
thanks bro, appreciated
Trinity ®©
+1|6797
Rules of Engagement (RoE) (updated Wednesday, 08. March 2006)

Level 1 RoE

Level 1 RoE are globally enforced and as such apply to ALL ranked servers. Specific exceptions may be contained in the Level 2 and 3 RoE.

1.1    You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are on any Ranked Servers.

Note: This would include the copy and distribution of copyrighted software or cd-keys.

1.2    You may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation on any ranked servers.

Note: Trusted Partners and their advertisers as well as in game server messages are excluded from this ruling. Additionally Server ops may self-promote their organisation/clan.

1.3    You may not change (hack) any core games files for any reason. Similarly, you may not load into memory any code, use any program or cheat for the purposes of giving yourself an unfair advantage over other players. This would include but not limited to:

* MSX and other 3rd party software;
    * Modification of weapons code, aka Tank turrets exploit;
    * CVAR hacks which would make players appear Neon;
    * CVAR hacks that let players see thru walls or buildings;
    * Mini-Map hack so all players are visible; or
    * Modification of player names which would alter their size or colors.

Note: Items not included in this list would be up to EA & DICE to interpret.

1.4    Server administrators may not change any game settings defined as standard for ranked servers:

* Min Players: 16
    * sv.password = empty string. Ranked servers may not be password protected. Ranked servers are intended to be available to all players.
    * sv.numPlayersNeededToStart = (6 for maxPlayers 16, 10 for 32, 10 for 64)
    * sv.spawnTime 15
    * sv.manDownTime 15
    * sv.ticketRatio 100
    * sv.teamRatioPercent 100
    * sv.punkBuster 1

Note 1: Though it is not required, we also request that all servers run Friendly Fire at 100% for all settings, including mines (sv.friendlyFireWithMines).
Note 2: Sever size and map size combinations are not restricted, as such 16 player servers using 64 player maps are permitted.

1.5    Server administrators may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on vehicles or weapons that players can use while on your server. Examples of prohibited kit/weapon restrictions include:

* Infantry only Servers;
    * Knife-Pistol only Servers;
    * Knife only Servers;
    * Infantry only Servers;
    * No Artillery Servers;
    * No Armour Servers; or
    * Prohibiting or limiting access to vehicles or aircraft for non “members”.

1.6    Server administrators may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on roles or kits that players can use while on your server. This would include but not limited to:

* Restricting Spec Ops from its primary role of infiltrating enemy bases; or
    * Restricting players from becoming squad leaders or commanders.

1.7    In addition to the instances covered under 1.5 and 1.6, any server rule that requires a level of cooperation between the opposing teams to increase the rate at which points/medals/awards would normally be obtained are prohibited. This would include but not limited to:

* Flag hopping or flag trading servers; or
    * Prohibiting players from capturing flags.

Note: "High Point" servers (typically 16 player max w/64 player map settings) only violate these RoE if they have server rules that prevent normal game play, as intended by the developers.

1.8    Server administrators may not use non-standard (custom map packs) maps or modified versions of standard maps.

Note: Ranked servers must be entirely "pure" with no customization outside of the default content shipped by DICE/EA. Ranked servers will not be allowed to run Mods or Custom Maps, as we cannot ensure the balance of these components. Custom maps are never permitted.

1.9    Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers. This would include but not limited to:

* Using Vehicles removed from battlefield for purposes of artificially inflating points;
    * Conducting Kill-Revive Operations;
    * Turning boats upside down and repairing;
    * Glitching inside buildings; or
    * Modifying game files for vehicles and weapons.

Note: Items not included in this list could be subject to retroactive sanctions at EA’s discretion particularly where the exploit’s intent is obvious.

1.10    BF2RS server administrators will not go to ANY public or clan ranked server and threaten or bully any clan or clan administrator.

* Admins are to only observe and report back to their department head;
    * Admins will not contact or interfere in clan ranked servers;
    * Admins will at no time contact any trusted provider; and
    * Admins at no time will state rules if they see violations.

Note: BF2RS administrators that fail to abide by these rules (1.10) will be removed from the BF2RS program.

LEVEL 2 ROE

These are rules that apply only to EA official public servers. They are designed to maintain friendly, disciplined servers and are in addition to the Level 1 RoE defined above. These rules may also be enforced as a Level 3 RoE on other servers.

2.1    You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language in chat or voice mode.

2.2    You may not use foul or slanderous language involving race, gender, sexual preference, religion or creed.

2.3    You may not deliberately hinder your own team or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team losses. This would include but not limited to:

* Flying commanders are prohibited;
    * Combat Commanding while operating primarily from a vehicle is prohibited;
    * Destruction of friendly vehicles;
    * Excessive team killing; and
    * Team switching to gain medals or awards.

2.4    You may not display abusive behaviour towards administrators. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly, you may lodge an appeal on the BF2RS forums:

* BF2 Ranked Servers Forums
    * King Dave [email protected] Director
    * IndianScout [email protected] Assistant Director

2.4    Players may not impersonate or abuse BF2RS Admins.

Note: The BF2RS admin prefix is registered with Punkbuster. This prefix may used by BF2RS admin staff while on any BF2 server.

LEVEL 3 ROE

The Level 3 RoE are not enforced on EA’s public ranked servers but may be used on privately rented ranked servers (clan, gaming communities, etc). These Level 3 RoE are minor admin enforced changes in game play behaviour decided by the server administrators themselves. The changes need to be explicitly announced either in the server description or somewhere on the loading screen. This would include but are not limited to:

* Prohibiting artillery fire or bombing runs on uncapturable bases;
    * Prohibiting prolonged or sustained attacks on uncapturable bases (spawncamping the uncap);
    * Prohibiting the use of the transport helicopters primarily for flag hopping purposes;
    * Requiring players to be in a squad;
    * Prohibiting impersonating clan members; and/or
    * Using C4 on jeeps, or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles.

Note: Clans may modify or add other customised rules, provided they don’t violate the intent of the Level 1 RoE.
PapaTango69
+1|6797|NoneYA

Yeah I agree 100% ... Next thing yeah know They Will Say "No More Laser Mice" You all have an unfair advantage over The Kiddies That still have Ball Mice and can't get their Parents to Fork over 50-60$ for a highend one ..
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6720|Norway

PapaTango69 wrote:

Yeah I agree 100% ... Next thing yeah know They Will Say "No More Laser Mice" You all have an unfair advantage over The Kiddies That still have Ball Mice and can't get their Parents to Fork over 50-60$ for a highend one ..
Yeah! That's exactly the same thing!

Someguy with a ballmice vs. three people in acorner padding their way into the commander-seat whilst knowing jack shit about commanding...

The RoE are in place to help terminally stupid people from ruining the game for everyone.. You'r having a great night - your fighting on a great team against another great team, now hadn't half of your team been away padding in a corner you might actually not get squashed..

Safe to say, the RoE is in part covered by the ToS from EA, and until a official word from high-up EA comes on the RoE being official law, you can cover alot of the RoE under the ToS..

Happy Gaming!!!
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6735|Germany

Sorry for the question, but where exactly can you report a ranked server where the admin bans people for using a tank? I mean, where at BF2rankedservers.com? In the forums? I think the best idea would be to give me a concrete link...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard