Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Firstly i just want to log the interest of playing some rounds on the EU server once or twice week ... been talking to Snake and liquidat0r and both seems to be interested ...

One suggestion from Snake is to do Great Wall IO 16 or 32 player to start with, if there is interest we can discuss such later on, have vote one week and play the polled map the week after ... just a couple of examples ...

Also we still have a pending invite from Jolt for a community match, will get back to that later if the responce is good enough ...

1 2 3 go debate ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6712|Topside

It feels like we've tried this before,and we know how it turned out.
Lets just bury the f*cker and move on.
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Negerkungen wrote:

Because i miss the goood times, no fun playing bf2 at random when you can play with good friends ... have on several occasions played with DU, NooBesT and FFLink and that was cool ... with even more peeps it can be epic, even if it is for only a few weeks
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6712|Topside

Varegg wrote:

Negerkungen wrote:

Because i miss the goood times, no fun playing bf2 at random when you can play with good friends ... have on several occasions played with DU, NooBesT and FFLink and that was cool ... with even more peeps it can be epic, even if it is for only a few weeks
true.
*build it and they will come*
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6593|EU

Me!
Of course playing once or twice a week again would be cool with all the oldies I dont have EF though, but that wont be a problem if it gets popular by it. I can be just kicked for not having that map right? But lets say on Songhua I would join again. Now its winter time, there is nothing you can do much outside so mostly everyone burns his PC on games.
robcr9
+111|5951
Yeah, i would, but i only play inf, or airmaps with 2 choppers per team

The Eu server is always laggy for everyone who joins ( that was last time i was on)

If its not been restarted since...

But as always, the map rotation/mode will be a struggle. You need to make something that wil get it populated..E.g. Infantry-city maps - Kark/Jala/Sharqi/gulf 16/songua??? (alot of people leave on that map)/ and any other inf playable maps.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

If it works, it'll only be a short while... BF2 has gone a long way and it's getting old, really old.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
robcr9
+111|5951

NooBesT wrote:

If it works, it'll only be a short while... BF2 has gone a long way and it's getting old, really old.
I know people who are new to the game, there will always be people playing BF2, just not as much, if we can get the server populated again...It should become peoples favourite servers and they want to join the community etc. Just need to make sure its not laggy... or people just quit straight away.

Anyway, back on topic...go
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6712|Topside

robcr9 wrote:

The Eu server is always laggy for everyone who joins ( that was last time i was on)

But as always, the map rotation/mode will be a struggle. You need to make something that wil get it populated..E.g. Infantry-city maps - Kark/Jala/Sharqi/gulf 16/songua??? (alot of people leave on that map)/ and any other inf playable maps.
I have never ever had any lagg on the EU server.
I think the problem is in your end.
robcr9
+111|5951

Negerkungen wrote:

robcr9 wrote:

When was this, because i got my whole clan on the server at one point, and we all had lag. This was probably 6 months back, so i don't know
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6381|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
I sometimes wish we still had those lil green lights for activity. Used to hunt down BF2s members I wanted to game with, was a pretty good time with them

I dont know what I would ping on the Euro server, but if we could even organize that friday/saturdays was a get together day on the BF2s TS, we could set a server to play on and have a go
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

Negerkungen wrote:

robcr9 wrote:

Of course not with your 100 Mb connection...

robcr9 wrote:

I know people who are new to the game, there will always be people playing BF2, just not as much, if we can get the server populated again...It should become peoples favourite servers and they want to join the community etc. Just need to make sure its not laggy... or people just quit straight away.

Anyway, back on topic...go
I was more of implying that even though BF2 is a good game, 1000 hours is a long time doing basically the same thing. (aka my own personal point of view)
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6712|Topside

robcr9 wrote:

Negerkungen wrote:

robcr9 wrote:

When was this, because i got my whole clan on the server at one point, and we all had lag. This was probably 6 months back, so i don't know
I've been playing on the server for 2 years,and never experienced any lagg.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720
Leave it be as it is never going to get populate again on a regular basis without a group of people putting in a LOT of boring hours trying to make the server look busy.

The game is old, and even though there are still loads of people playing it, bf2s.com is not what it used to be and the community is not as large. So trying to get a Band of Brothers together is going to be hard. Maybe once in a while you will get a full server, but like I say it will not be like that on a regular basis.

Everyone has moved on from the joy that was BF2 and the only thing that will bring us all back together will be BF3 THEN the good times will start again!
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6593|EU

But the point isnt to get it populated on a regular basis, it is true that we dont have people for that. We just would like to have a gaming night again, maybe once a week or so. just to get skeletons together and have fun. also if there is a problem to get it populated we could join some other public server and get shit out of it doesnt matter if that would be IO or with vehicles, almost everyone here is universal player I think.

Thats my opinion.
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

legionair wrote:

But the point isnt to get it populated on a regular basis, it is true that we dont have people for that. We just would like to have a gaming night again, maybe once a week or so. just to get skeletons together and have fun. also if there is a problem to get it populated we could join some other public server and get shit out of it doesnt matter if that would be IO or with vehicles, almost everyone here is universal player I think.

Thats my opinion.
My point exactly ... and nice playing with you again last night even though it only was one round

I really don't care if it is the bf2s server or whatever ... just the option to play with people you know from the forum makes it better than soloing on a random server ...

The problem is quite easily solved ... we can just add those interested on xfire and join whenever we feel like it ... having a gaming night would just make it a tad more organised and predictable if you knew that each Monday there was a high chance of atleast 5+ players would be playing ...
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
So really, rather than this:
The EU server - Revive or leave it dead
It's more like this:
The BF2 EU community - Revive or leave it dead
Right?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

legionair wrote:

Thats my opinion.
Agreed. Mind you, whenever I play BF2, its always on BF Gotland AF/EF, and then people on Xfire often follow me in (EcOli, RD, Weflect, Janis and some others from time to time).
The reason I suggested 24/7 Great Wall IO on the 16size map, is because in the past, that has been a very popular server with both ST6 and HBD. And, you get to use the PLA weapons on a "city" map (and the EU too ). But then of course, not everybody has EF, so thats a problem

In the past its been mentioned for 16size vanilla maps, vehicles or not, which would be pretty good. I like the idea of having one night a week where we aim to play on the EU server. Perhaps Monday or Tuesday?
Eldu
+62|6077|Belgium
Well, I'd join you guys for a few runds, maybe even once each week, but I also only have vanilla.
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

liquidat0r wrote:

So really, rather than this:
The EU server - Revive or leave it dead
It's more like this:
The BF2 EU community - Revive or leave it dead
Right?
Think the latter is the most realistic ...

An xfire list would prolly be the easiest seeing as we can join a player already on a server!
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6497|Belgium

gotta agree with the majority here. Trying to revive the server might be pretty hard, and it's more fun to team up and all join a random server. If we get the numbers, we can always take our server but I wouldn't suggest idling on it or trying to be bored for 3 hours to get it going.

However, if you want to, just do it. People told me it was a waste of time when I suggested it two years ago, and together we made the server pretty good again. Bf2 is getting older every day now though, so I know I'm not dedicated to do that anymore but if someone else is, give it a go. It's dead already, we can still poke in it.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK
If you guys wanna play sometime i'll play too...

tbh a random server would be better...
Eldu
+62|6077|Belgium
True, but don't you guys use steam? I never use xfire, but I might as well use it again, but just add bf2 to steam.
Anyway, for those who don't have me on xfire, think my name is ingenius.
Mikey is already on a server .
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Eldu wrote:

True, but don't you guys use steam? I never use xfire, but I might as well use it again, but just add bf2 to steam.
Why have Steam open if you dont play steam games I cant even remember the last time I opened steam.

We already have a BF2s group on Xfire...why not start up a "BF2s EU" group to find members? That might help.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6593|EU

Snake wrote:

Eldu wrote:

Why have Steam open if you dont play steam games I cant even remember the last time I opened steam.

We already have a BF2s group on Xfire...why not start up a "BF2s EU" group to find members? That might help.
Go for it!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard