Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5711|College Park, MD

chittydog wrote:

I actually like the appeals process for capital punishment. There may be too many of them now, but they need at least one or two. Yes, it costs the taxpayers money, but there's no such thing as commuting someone's sentence when it's the death penalty. Not that I'm against the death penalty (I'd like to see child molesters get it too), but we need a process in place to be sure all the evidence lines up.
if all signs point to yes the first time, why the hell must they recheck it umpteen times?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
chittydog
less busy
+586|6845|Kubra, Damn it!

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

I actually like the appeals process for capital punishment. There may be too many of them now, but they need at least one or two. Yes, it costs the taxpayers money, but there's no such thing as commuting someone's sentence when it's the death penalty. Not that I'm against the death penalty (I'd like to see child molesters get it too), but we need a process in place to be sure all the evidence lines up.
if all signs point to yes the first time, why the hell must they recheck it umpteen times?
Sometimes you get new evidence. Plus, as technology advances, you get new ways of examining evidence. I'm not proposing they get infinite appeals, but at least one. I live outside of Dallas and there was a big story recently about corruption/sloppiness in the DPD that led to the overturning of hundreds of convictions. I'd hate to be the one who was wrongly executed because of sloppy policework.

That being said, give the guy in the OP his appeal, then use a cheese grater on him until there's nothing left that's any bigger than a raisin.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5691
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned this:
Mr. Williams was charged in a murder as a juvenile, and spent eight years in prison on an attempted murder conviction in 1996.
GG, justice system.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6463|The Twilight Zone
A blowjob machine? How does that solve anything?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6229|Phoenix, AZ
5 years to life for attempted murder
shes not dead? man i cant imagine living life after that
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6704|The Ville

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK SHE IS STILL ALIVE
SHE FUCKING HAS TO LIVE WITH THAT THE REST OF HER LIFE?

Fuck it, this guy should be tortured in an amount SEVENFOLD to what he did to this girl. The fact that people actually tried to defend him in court sickens me. I fucking wish they were all dead.

@Nate, that guy should be thrown into an industrial wood-chipper. Or an industrial trash-compactor.
You can use my compactor at my work. I have the key to it
zeidmaan
+234|6425|Vienna

you know.... if you used the Iranian version of Sharia law..... fun times....
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6296|eng
Two wrongs do not make a right.
#rekt
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina

phishman420 wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/25/nyregion/25rape.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=&st=nyt&oref=slogin

Do you agree with the sentencing? On one hand, I think that he is a complete piece of shit and should be put to death, but on the other hand, I don't think he deserves to die; death is the easy way out. He will end up being put in a padded room for the rest of his life which is bullshit in my opinion. At least make the guy live in population and get what he deserves.
Why not torture him for the rest of his life?  Turnabout is fair play.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6528|USA
what's the point of giving a sentence over 100 years? if there is no chance for parole
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6116|eXtreme to the maX
I don't think people like this can be rehabilitated, nor should they be.
Hard pointless labour for life in some godawful shithole, so every moment of every day he wishes he were dead.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
HollisHurlbut
+51|6007

Mint Sauce wrote:

You lost me.  I see the first wrong, but...
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6470|UK
I know everyone has a right to a fair trial but come on. No wonder people hate lawyers.
Laika
+75|5953

Mint Sauce wrote:

d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6463|Ontario, Canada
It's just the type of justice system used. Here in Canada, we don't have a count system, ex. you murder someone, you get charged with 2nd degree murder only once. I actually like the count system and the way it's used in the United States because it sort puts into perspective the actual amount of pain someone can do.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5711|College Park, MD

Ataronchronon wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Keeping society safe isn't a "wrong"
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard