chittydog
less busy
+586|6836|Kubra, Damn it!

krazed wrote:

well, to me "i want to take a break" means "i  want to fool around with other people but not feel guilty about it later"    that might just be me though
No, that's a lot of people.
CC-Marley
+407|6830

TheAussieReaper wrote:

If you love her, drop your sport.
Dumbest thing I've ever read.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada
My advice.. and its probably stated in bits an pieces already..

Sure.. Take a break. Chances are the reason she wants to take a break is so she can start doing shit with other guys and not feel guilty about it. Maybe she has one already lined up, maybe not. She is or was your girlfriend after all, and you should be able to talk about it. Just don't turn it into the "Oh my god, I can't believe you don't trust me" thing.

If she wasn't interested in other guys, there wouldn't be the need to break up with you. If she didn't want a relationship she would keep it the way it is now, because it basically isn't much of a relationship now anyways. (if that makes any sense at all)

Best Advice, remove the "girlfriend" status, but still try and remain friends. As hard as that may be for you, better a friend then no friend at all.
If she wants to break up with you, and she does, then shes gonna do it anyways. So just agree, it will make being friends a lot easier, because every time you talk or see her, she won't think that your just doing it to get her back.

Both of you can now have the "fun" that you want in college, and who knows maybe a couple of years down the road when you are still friends (that's assuming your able to keep it together). And then assuming that one of you doesn't get a couple of STD's from sleeping around the campus, make it through the nights when you feel like your gonna die from being so intoxicated, and she doesn't find that other "soul mate".. Then maybe, just maybe you'll both realize how perfect you are for each other and things can take off from there.

And remember.. don't seem desperate, state your feelings, but not in a needy way. Girls like it when they can't have something, and if your just shoving yourself in her face so that she won't leave you, it's just gonna make her want to leave you more.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6221|Phoenix, AZ
So your seeing other people?

Whats her number?

jk, i really dont have much advice, or at least I dont have anything original to contribute...

I'd say, bottom line... She doesnt like the relationship as much as you do, you will end up hurting your self and getting depressed if you try to pursue it.

what i'd say, as hard as it would be to move on, once you have little or no chance, and are sure she doesnt love you as much as you love her (if she loves you but I dont want to be mean) you need to start looking, flirt with some girls to make you a bit happier, but dont get into anything too serious for a little bit till you cool down

(advice from being in similar situation - gf said she loved me, i called bs but held on because every once in a while I saw a chance [tease] and I got so depressed I just hooked up with her friend, dumped her and now ive been dating her distant friend for a few months, and its soooo much better)

Last edited by GodFather (2008-10-20 21:55:54)

TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Buck up and imagine what that hot little blonde in your class looks like in nothing but a pair of lacy pink panties and no bra.
tbh
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Buck up and imagine what that hot little blonde in your class looks like in nothing but a pair of lacy pink panties and no bra.
this, and what LT. Victim said
MECtallica
+73|6505|jalalabad

TeamOrange wrote:

I know another girl thread *sigh*

My gf told me last night that she wasn't sure if i was a friend or a boyfriend, this happened because i went to college and the distance is hard for her. I go home as often as I can but I am involved with a sport which takes up most of my weekends. So last night we came to the conclusion that we would go on a break so she can think and have space from me, so that she can fuck other guys. I promised her that I won't contact her till thursday. I love her, she is a perfect match for me and I don't want it to end, yet because we had a good thing going. I just look forward to the next time I will be in contact with her, and that is good enough for me. My questions are: What should i do, is there away that you can think of that i can still win her back? Is it likely that we are going to end? And if we do end how should I treat her because i will still have strong feeling for her?

I know that people can't solve my issues because everyone/relationship is unique but I just want to hear your what you have done and stories.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6674|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

TeamOrange wrote:

I know another girl thread *sigh*

My gf told me last night that she wasn't sure if i was a friend or a boyfriend, this happened because i went to college and the distance is hard for her. I go home as often as I can but I am involved with a sport which takes up most of my weekends. So last night we came to the conclusion that we would go on a break so she can think and have space from me, so that she can sort out her thoughts. I promised her that I won't contact her till thursday. I love her, she is a perfect match for me and I don't want it to end, yet because we had a good thing going. I just look forward to the next time I will be in contact with her, and that is good enough for me. My questions are: What should i do, is there away that you can think of that i can still win her back? Is it likely that we are going to end? And if we do end how should I treat her because i will still have strong feeling for her?

I know that people can't solve my issues because everyone/relationship is unique but I just want to hear your what you have done and stories.
Fucking hell man sorry to read what she has said and how you feel.

You have to let her know how much you want her without putting the weight of the world upon her, you have to be softly softly with her but will gain respect for being big and tough to her, women might seem like they like us to fall to bits but no woman likes a mouse you have to be a man.  Its so easy for me to say sat here but honest I know its the truth: if it's men't to be you'll come through this and if not, then enjoy opening the next chapter of your life.  I know you don't want to open another page right now never mind chapter but regardless of outcome you'll get through it and be a bigger better man for it.  Good luck and I hope she see's sence and the two of you are fine.
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6677|respawn screen
If you get the same google-ad as me, you can easily get in touch with some nice chinese girls (but there's better advice in this thread).
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6108|Birmingham, UK

rdx-fx wrote:

When a young girl in her early 20's says she "needs her space", you are done with any boyfirend-girlfriend relationship.  She is just having a hard time pulling the plug.

My advice:

Find a new girl to screw, stop calling the old one, and perhaps e-mail the old one at most once a week on a purely friendly basis.

Friends have their unique individual values and are worth keeping around.
Girlfriends ..  meh.. very very rarely does one screw any better or worse than another.
Good friends are worth keeping around.  A piece of ass is completely replaceable.

Besides..  DUDE!  You're at College!
These are your prime-time tail chasing years.  Enjoy it.  It will likely never get better than these next 4 or 8 years.
Perfect advice.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH

CC-Marley wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

On the contrary, I think he is using reverse-psychology.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Find out what she means by "take a break"...

rdx-fx wrote:

When a young girl in her early 20's says she "needs her space", you are done with any boyfirend-girlfriend relationship.  She is just having a hard time pulling the plug.

My advice:

Find a new girl to screw, stop calling the old one, and perhaps e-mail the old one at most once a week on a purely friendly basis.

Friends have their unique individual values and are worth keeping around.
Girlfriends ..  meh.. very very rarely does one screw any better or worse than another.
Good friends are worth keeping around.  A piece of ass is completely replaceable.

Besides..  DUDE!  You're at College!
These are your prime-time tail chasing years.  Enjoy it.  It will likely never get better than these next 4 or 8 years.
That ^ exactly.
molotov<bf2>
+15|6445|uk

RoosterCantrell wrote:

i agree, focus on making a pass at the effete blonde boy.
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312
ok let me clear up something WE decided to take a break, it was a decision we made together. We aren't going to do anything with anyone else, that's not our personality/plan. Also the reason for this is so that she can gather her thoughts on whether I'm a friend or a boyfriend. Just shedding some light on the situation.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6628|Canada
Has Friends Taught Us Nothing!?!?!
mikkel
+383|6602
What, you're in a relationship with her, but she doesn't know if she's in a relationship with you? Personally, I'd find that to be completely immature and ridiculous.
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312

mikkel wrote:

What, you're in a relationship with her, but she doesn't know if she's in a relationship with you? Personally, I'd find that to be completely immature and ridiculous.
No she doesn't know what type, when we first started to go out things were good, then months later i go to college, good at first, now after awhile she doesn't know due to the long distance/not seeing each other.

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Are you talking about the TV show (don't watch) or real life friends.

Last edited by TeamOrange (2008-10-21 12:06:26)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone
Move on to the next girl. If a girl says she's unsure of your relationship then that can only mean one thing. I don't know how long had you two been together but if my girl was unsure after two months if she wants the relationship to continue or not I'd dump her instantly. If after three bites of that suspicious looking pizza you are still unsure if anyone spat on it or not then probably someone really did spit on it.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

CC-Marley wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

qft

Your future should always cone first, don't change yourself to suit a girl, there are 3 billion women out there, you'll find one who likes you for who you are.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6786|Anaheim, CA

destruktion_6143 wrote:

WE WERE ON A BREAK!

I think ya never know, if she really is feeling things out, it might just really be a break.  I hope for you that's the case.  But honestly it's more likely what everyone else is saying.  But you know her better than us tbh.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone
I never understood this "break" thing? Why do you want to take a break (from me)? Be with me or don't, its that simple. Love me or don't. Blow... Anyway if shes unsure whether she wants to be with you or not then I say just move on.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6488|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
OK, this is the first time I've gone into this thread and you know what, screw her. I don't mean to sound like a dick, but your in college, drunkin parties, sex with mucho chicks, running trains on a passed out coed.... whoops, ignore the last one. 

But your young don't dwell on it, their are plenty of fish in the sea and they are all wet.(double meaning)
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
Get payback
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312

.Sup wrote:

I never understood this "break" thing? Why do you want to take a break (from me)? Be with me or don't, its that simple. Love me or don't. Blow... Anyway if shes unsure whether she wants to be with you or not then I say just move on.
neither do I, but apparently for girls there is a grey zone where you aren't sure

SgtHeihn wrote:

OK, this is the first time I've gone into this thread and you know what, screw her. I don't mean to sound like a dick, but your in college, drunkin parties, sex with mucho chicks, running trains on a passed out coed.... whoops, ignore the last one. 

But your young don't dwell on it, their are plenty of fish in the sea and they are all wet.(double meaning)
Thanks for the advice but I'm not that type of guy
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

TeamOrange wrote:

.Sup wrote:

neither do I, but apparently for girls there is a grey zone where you aren't sure

SgtHeihn wrote:

Thanks for the advice but I'm not that type of guy
I have gone through the same shit before, when I was in bootcamp I had a my"girlfriend" break up with me. Your girl is young and wants to experience life more. If you really love her that much let her go and if it is meant to be, you will find your way back together.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard