TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312
I know another girl thread *sigh*

My gf told me last night that she wasn't sure if i was a friend or a boyfriend, this happened because i went to college and the distance is hard for her. I go home as often as I can but I am involved with a sport which takes up most of my weekends. So last night we came to the conclusion that we would go on a break so she can think and have space from me, so that she can sort out her thoughts. I promised her that I won't contact her till thursday. I love her, she is a perfect match for me and I don't want it to end, yet because we had a good thing going. I just look forward to the next time I will be in contact with her, and that is good enough for me. My questions are: What should i do, is there away that you can think of that i can still win her back? Is it likely that we are going to end? And if we do end how should I treat her because i will still have strong feeling for her?

I know that people can't solve my issues because everyone/relationship is unique but I just want to hear your what you have done and stories.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6395|The Gem Saloon
it is VERY likely that you two are going to end. not a certainty, but it will probably happen.

if you want my advice, i would start planning my future as a single person. that will save you the hardship when this does end for real...

a break to have some space from you?
brother, you are in college...some distance away. there isnt much more of a break or more space to be had...

i know it sucks to hear, but i think she has probably already made up her mind.
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312
What I mean by space is calling her/video chatting with her (which i do everyday), its also not that she has a problem with that, what sparked this was i didn't call her for 2 days, first i fell asleep at 930 (5 hour work out) and the next i was at a competition and my phone died and i didn't get home till 1am and she was asleep. And I would normally figure that she has made up her mind, just her friend (my best friend) told me she hasn't, she is confused. And i have been preparing for the worst

Last edited by TeamOrange (2008-10-20 17:49:54)

CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6519|USA
i need pics before i make a recommendation as to whether you should try and get back together or not.
aimless
+166|6126|Texas
It's over, move on, trust me.
Airburner_01
Da Funky Munky
+6|6781

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

i need pics before i make a recommendation as to whether you should try and get back together or not.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6568|NYC / Hamburg

aimless wrote:

It's over, move on, trust me.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

If you love her, drop your sport.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312

TheAussieReaper wrote:

She does the same sport, that's how we met. She would get more mad if I did.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6395|The Gem Saloon

TheAussieReaper wrote:

this is horrible advice....i would not do this if i were you.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6236|S.A. Australia

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Don't drop your sport for her unless you really suck at it.  I've dropped sports for similar reasons in the past and now I seriously regret it.
Serious Flex
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

TeamOrange wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

You said "I go home as often as I can but I am involved with a sport which takes up most of my weekends."

So, are you spending most of your weekends with her, or playing sport?

Both drop it and be together, or end the relationship yourself, before she does.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312

TheAussieReaper wrote:

TeamOrange wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

You said "I go home as often as I can but I am involved with a sport which takes up most of my weekends."

So, are you spending most of your weekends with her, or playing sport?

Both drop it and be together, or end the relationship yourself, before she does.
The sport but regardless I wouldn't be able to go home every weekend cause financially i can't, so I will still be going home only once a month (which i do now).

Ya I'm not dropping it, I'm actually switching schools for a better opportunity/coach, I'm hoping to go pro or ability to be able to compete at the pro level.

Last edited by TeamOrange (2008-10-20 18:04:32)

eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6236|S.A. Australia
What is said sport by the way?
Serious Flex
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

What is said sport by the way?
track and field
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6236|S.A. Australia
Ooo yeah, dont drop that
Serious Flex
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
What events do you run?
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312

nukchebi0 wrote:

What events do you run?
Lets get back on topic, my sport isn't the issue here

check your pms

Last edited by TeamOrange (2008-10-20 18:08:33)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
Got it.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6742|OctoLand

Parker wrote:

it is VERY likely that you two are going to end. not a certainty, but it will probably happen.

if you want my advice, i would start planning my future as a single person. that will save you the hardship when this does end for real...

a break to have some space from you?
brother, you are in college...some distance away. there isnt much more of a break or more space to be had...

i know it sucks to hear, but i think she has probably already made up her mind.
Pretty much
I know fucking karate
rdx-fx
+955|6592
When a young girl in her early 20's says she "needs her space", you are done with any boyfirend-girlfriend relationship.  She is just having a hard time pulling the plug.

My advice:

Find a new girl to screw, stop calling the old one, and perhaps e-mail the old one at most once a week on a purely friendly basis.

Friends have their unique individual values and are worth keeping around.
Girlfriends ..  meh.. very very rarely does one screw any better or worse than another.
Good friends are worth keeping around.  A piece of ass is completely replaceable.

Besides..  DUDE!  You're at College!
These are your prime-time tail chasing years.  Enjoy it.  It will likely never get better than these next 4 or 8 years.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2008-10-20 19:17:34)

FI-SCOTTY
+16|6696|Scotland

rdx-fx wrote:

When a young girl in her early 20's says she "needs her space", you are done with any boyfirend-girlfriend relationship.  She is just having a hard time pulling the plug.

My advice:

Find a new girl to screw, stop calling the old one, and perhaps e-mail the old one at most once a week on a purely friendly basis.

Girlfriends ..  meh.. very very rarely does one screw any better or worse than another.
Good friends are worth keeping around.  A piece of ass is completely replaceable.

These are your prime-time tail chasing years.  Enjoy it.  It will likely never get better than these next 4 or 8 years.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
Live your life first.
The world is full of willing women.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
well, to me "i want to take a break" means "i  want to fool around with other people but not feel guilty about it later"    that might just be me though
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6481|Somewhere else

rdx-fx wrote:

My advice:

ATG wrote:

Live your life first.
The world is full of willing women.
Both good advice/ words of wisdom.   It's pretty much over my friend.  Don't hate her for it.   Long distance relationships NEVER work.  Your only chance to make it work is be closer together (one of you move to the other) which is probably impossible.  If you want, remain friends.

Also, if you want to work on it, go for it.  Just don't forget that your chances to fix this is next to impossible.   Keep that in mind, brace yourself.

"other fish in the sea" and all that bullshit doesn't mean a thing if you lover her alot.   One thing you should keep in mind if you are feeling down is that over time, everything will be o.k. Never forget that.  That thought Helped me.

Think of all the little things she did that DID bother you, and think about a girl like her, only better.  Then look for that girl.

and... DUDE! YOU.  ARE. AT. COLLEGE.   Keep in mind that if you did stick with this girl,  your 50 year old future self would come hunting for you and beat the shit out of you for not fully using this opportunity for strange ass.

Remember, at very least keep in touch with her.  I know a handful of people that hooked back up with long ago ex's.   The odds of that are better than making a long distance relationship work.

The "time apart" saying is the largest, and last of the nails in the coffin.  Brace yourself buddy.  Buck up and imagine what that hot little blonde in your class looks like in nothing but a pair of lacy pink panties and no bra.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard