chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6845|"Frisco"

I move the forum on to Gibson (+5 points to those that get the reference...), so you should notice an immediate improvement in the speediness of them from here out. Good times.

Additionally, you better be on your best behaviour because I gave the mods around here the ability to give you "time outs" -- or, more techincally spoken, temporary 3-day bans. I hope they don't have to use them often, but the times it was needed, it was NEEDED.
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6725|Madrid, Spain
speediness now is just.... full speed ahead sir!
and the 3 day bans are gonna be funny, it was, as u said, needed, good job and thx!
Markimus
Administrator
+65|6634|Canada
Leet.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6670|Colorado
kool , I need a recent post tab at the bottom of my posts, it would save me 2 clicks & a scroll

On a side note I've been a mod for GBL forums & Boneyards forums, & tech help/sage for mplayer before gamespy bought them out, if you ever need extra help just let me know.
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6707|Gütersloh, Germany

chuyskywalker wrote:

I move the forum on to Gibson (+5 points to those that get the reference...),
*grabs 5 points* What can I do with them?
tF-afrojap
+124|6844|SF
Yes! The forums are supah smoooth like Chuy's legs.

Oh wait.
Maj.Do
+85|6749|good old CA
dang the forums are fast now , good job chuy
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6841|Bryan/College Station, TX

chuyskywalker wrote:

I move the forum on to Gibson (+5 points to those that get the reference...), so you should notice an immediate improvement in the speediness of them from here out. Good times.

Additionally, you better be on your best behaviour because I gave the mods around here the ability to give you "time outs" -- or, more techincally spoken, temporary 3-day bans. I hope they don't have to use them often, but the times it was needed, it was NEEDED.
By Gibson do you mean William Gibson as in the author of Neuromancer?

And yes I am a instant supporter of the "time out breaks" for troublesome posters.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
-=Scott=-
+2|6830|San Diego, CA
Gibson is a guitar maker. Well at least thats what I think of when you say Gibson, and I don't even play the guitar just have heard of the brand before.
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6707|Gütersloh, Germany
"Gibson" is the mainframe computer from the movie Hackers (1995). They used it as a homage to William Gibson.

Last edited by Ali (2006-03-10 02:13:26)

Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6705|NL

chuyskywalker wrote:

you can give me -5 cause i dont get a sh**t of what you said in that line... what is a Gibson to start with? (a electric guitar on google ...lol)

edit: oh a computer... someone just said above me...

Last edited by Poncho (2006-03-10 04:07:20)

Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6705|NL
so... now the forums run on a different computer (gibson) and now its way faster!

hooraY! so that means no lag of 1 min! now we can all chill...

Last edited by Poncho (2006-03-10 04:15:54)

duk0r
Administrator
+306|6665|Austin, TX

Hack the planet!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6735

chuyskywalker wrote:

Is it in that place where u put that thing that time.....lol
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6768|AUS, Canberra

chuyskywalker wrote:

I move the forum on to Gibson
only chuy could get forums to run on and electric guitar!
r09u3
+0|6665
Sweet, nice and speedy!
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6752

Maybe we can ban a certain someone's account (*ahem*jordan*ahem*)
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6844|North Texas
It's been addressed...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

NM156 wrote:

It's been addressed...
thank you! thats why we love bf2s, the banning of idiots
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6844|North Texas
well.. he/they aren't banned... yet. There were some PM's sent.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6743|Houston, TX
Hope the "Gibson" works out.  Thank you for empowering the three day ban ability.  Hope I never get one. 

@ Chuy - to your reference, please post a photo of you in your Johnny Lee Miller netsurfing headgear.  It should have mic boom and fold down HUD for your right or left eye.  oh, and have Marconious get in "The Plague" gear (complete with trench coat and skateboard) for a photo too.

@ NM156 - Thank the maker that PM's were sent.  I wasted an hour of worktime on wasting time reading the forums that were wasted on flipping through 1.21 threads that had nothing but wasted space from a 10 yr old boy.

Has anyone here read William Ford Gibson's books.  I haven't yet, but I'd love for someone who has to give me a review.

KJ
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6845|"Frisco"

IBKCKNURASS wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

Is it in that place where u put that thing that time.....lol
+2 extra points for you, my friend.
sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6673|Planet Seibertron ;)
omfgwtf!!! I'm banned wtfbbq!!!!11!1one! oh wait.. nevermind...

Looks to be running smooth so far.  Nice work and thanks for the fish.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6710|Norway
Nice! On both counts! I'll also offer my help in any way I can...

The forntpage, where you show the latest posts in the forum seems to be frozen (or I'm in coincidence-twilight-zone)

As always - great work!
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6735
new server seems to be handling every thing very well Chuy. hope it was worth it for u $$$$$. I know im happy with it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard