Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

Dilbert_X wrote:

He took his orders from a higher power..
He doesn't have to obey an order which is fundamentally wrong.
'Go before the UN and lie to the world on behalf of the USA so we can invade another country illegally'
'Yes sir!'
Most people would want someone who fights for his contrary beliefs behind the facades.
I'd like to have someone who doesn't have need of a facade.
Honesty is the best policy.
Other parts of the world presented similar evidence. He gave his opinion to his leader, the person who was pushing the accusation. The amount of certainty he had must have been challenged when the majority of the western world acknowledged the threat..  and even went so far as to commit their own troops to defeating it. They too were also lying and spreading garbage. You should be looking in your own backyard as well. Who in your country stopped your leaders from committing troops? Your hypocrisy is nauseating. Hindsight only explains the problems that foresight would have prevented.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
Britain and Australia presented similar evidence, or swallowed what was presented by the US, and its largely been exposed as a pile of crap since.
In both countries the govt went against the will of the people in going to war.
The majority of the Western world did not acknowledge the threat, there were plenty of dissenters.
There were certainly not enough to push a vote through the UN, which is why not vote was taken.
They too were also lying and spreading garbage.
Yes they were, to stay in bed with the US. Remember the 'you're with us or against us' crap?
At that time the world was sympathetic to the US after 9/11.
Hindsight only explains the problems that foresight would have prevented.
Correct. But then not everyone needs hindsight, some people really do have foresight.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=101742

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-10-18 23:35:49)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

Dilbert_X wrote:

Britain and Australia presented similar evidence, or swallowed what was presented by the US, and its largely been exposed as a pile of crap since.
In both countries the govt went against the will of the people in going to war.
The majority of the Western world did not acknowledge the threat, there were plenty of dissenters.
There were certainly not enough to push a vote through the UN, which is why not vote was taken.
We had plenty of dissenter here also. I guarantee you we had more voices speaking out than you. I was referring to the leaders. You have to see the similarities. Tbh your situation sounds worse. You played buddy buddy and went to war with a group of people who you (supposedly) disagreed with just to stay in bed with them. It wasn't someone playing on your fears after 3k of your people were murdered.. maybe it was just to get some cool toys in return. Man.. that's pretty fucking bad.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
We had plenty of dissenter here also. I guarantee you we had more voices speaking out than you. I was referring to the leaders. You have to see the similarities. Tbh your situation sounds worse. You played buddy buddy and went to war with a group of people who you (supposedly) disagreed with just to stay in bed with them. It wasn't someone playing on your fears after 3k of your people were murdered.. maybe it was just to get some cool toys in return. Man.. that's pretty fucking bad.
Agree absolutely.
I reckon a big part of it was Blair's plan to make a mint out of speaking tours of the US.
BTW the IRA did murder 1,000s of our citizens, we didn't feel the need to invade Greenland.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

It will be a long time before my party recovers. Why do you think Obama is killing it? So many people like me (registered republicans) have said to hell with you guys.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6320|New Haven, CT
I don't think you are hated by the left, Kmarion. Especially not if you vote for their candidates over Republican ones.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

It's official.

Colin Powell wrote:

"It isn't easy for me to disappoint Sen. McCain in the way that I have this morning, and I regret that," Powell, interviewed on NBC's "Meet the Press," said of his longtime friend, the Arizona senator.

"But I firmly believe that at this point in America's history, we need a president that will not just continue, even with a new face and with the changes and with some maverick aspects, who will not just continue basically the policies that we have been following in recent years," Powell said.

"I think we need a transformational figure. I think we need a president who is a generational change and that's why I'm supporting Barack Obama, not out of any lack of respect or admiration for Sen. John McCain."
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6659|USA
Campaign Over
CameronPoe
+2,925|6552

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Campaign Over
I can't believe it but I think he actually might do it. I never thought Obama would have a chance in hell.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England
I don't get it. Powell surely isn't that influential. And he's a member/reminder of "that" regime, surely if anything it's worse to have him backing you than not.

But McCain has W backing him, that takes the cake.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Campaign Over

Obama wrote:

"For those of you who are feeling giddy or cocky or think this is all set, I just have two words for you: New Hampshire," Obama told about 120 confident contributors who shelled $30,800 for breakfast with the Democratic nominee this morning at the swank Metropolitan Club.

"I've been in these positions before when we were favored and the press starts getting carried away and we end up getting spanked," Obama said. "That's another good lesson that Hillary Clinton taught me. So we want to make sure that we are closing strong, running through the tape."

Polls had shown Obama cruising to victory over Clinton in the Granite State during their bruising primary fight. But when the ballots were tallied, the former first lady won comfortably. They battled ferociously for every state and territory before Obama beat her to the delegate finish line.
http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/cam … cocky.html
Listen to your Messiah damn it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I don't get it. Powell surely isn't that influential. And he's a member/reminder of "that" regime, surely if anything it's worse to have him backing you than not.

But McCain has W backing him, that takes the cake.
Powell takes the wind out of the die hards on the right. Make no mistake, if Powell would have endorsed McCain the right would have hit Obama's foreign policy experience again. Ultimately it leaves the GOP with less options. It also shows that Obama can reach out to the other side. Powell is a republican.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida
Powell was also one of the most competent people in the Bush administration  (if not the most) imo
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

i must be in the twilight zone or something.  you people love someone who lied about wmd's.  i need a drink.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England

usmarine wrote:

i must be in the twilight zone or something.  you people love someone who lied about wmd's.  i need a drink.
I think this topic is the twilight zone.

You have people here that would normally hate on Powell all of a sudden saying he wasn't that bad. And you have people who would've normally defended Powell like fuck suddenly talking about how he is a bad man.

I always notice that on DST. People reverse their roles quickly.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

usmarine wrote:

Competent =/= trustworthy

but its better than being untrustworthy and incompetent....
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

And you have people who would've normally defended Powell like fuck suddenly talking about how he is a bad man.
who would defend him?  i have always said he was a fuck.  just like rumsfuck.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Spearhead wrote:

so someone taking illegal orders from someone who is incompetent is trustworthy?

fuck me what am i missing with these arguments for him.  they make absolutely no sense.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

usmarine wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

so someone taking illegal orders from someone who is incompetent is trustworthy?

fuck me what am i missing with these arguments for him.  they make absolutely no sense.
no... other way around

personally I don't believe I've ever said much about Powell.... but he ain't the same as the other fucks in the Bush administration.  Sure he might've lied but he's still got an ounce of integrity in him.  And he's actually qualified to be president himself. 

If you can find a post of mine bashing him then okay call me a hypocrite.... but don't say it when you just generalize and don't actually read what other people post most of the time.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Spearhead wrote:

And he's actually qualified to be president himself.
unbefuckingleavible
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chairman_o … s_of_Staff

keep hearing what you want to hear... its not like you ever do much else... troll
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6340|tropical regions of london
whatever helps barry
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Spearhead wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chairman_of_the_Joint_Chiefs_of_Staff

keep hearing what you want to hear... its not like you ever do much else... troll
i am trolling because i am wondering why you support a man who lied about wmd's simply because he endorses the rockstar?
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6340|tropical regions of london
being called troll is a badge of honor.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

God Save the Queen wrote:

being called troll is a badge of honor.
lol.....i can hear the ceremony now

"...reflecting great credit upon himself, and the bf2s tool shed."

Board footer