CameronPoe
+2,925|6553
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7677551.stm

50,000 Iraqis march in Baghdad demanding the US leave Iraq "Get out occupier!" as a draft agreement on troops prepares to go to the Iraqi parliament. What happens if the parliament rejects the deal? Will the US do the decent thing and give the Iraqi people their unfettered sovereignty again? When the UN mandate expires will they pack their bags? Will the pullout be full or nominal? How will Iraqi politics change post-occupation? Why do the US demand watery language in the agreement with respect to the final withdrawal? Do you think Iraq has taught the American populace a lesson they should have learned in Vietnam but seemed to have forgotten? Will it change the US for the better or will they continue along similar lines? Will UK politicians ever get away with such subservience again?

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-10-18 06:57:47)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

CameronPoe wrote:

Do you think Iraq has taught the American populace a lesson they should have learned in Vietnam but seemed to have forgotten?
lol
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6660|USA
I know exactly whats next. We give them the rest of our money.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

This is extremely bizarre, the other day there was a documentary on the BBC following a group of US troops who looked after a city that used to be the most dangerous in Iraq, forget the name. None of those soliders have fired their weapons in something like five months, people were out in the streets at night, they were joining in playing pool with them and stuff. So to me, if you want to know what's next for Iraq, here's two words: continuing improvement.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
What's next for Iraq?

Me. If we're still in in around a years time.

Awsome.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6660|USA

M.O.A.B wrote:

This is extremely bizarre, the other day there was a documentary on the BBC following a group of US troops who looked after a city that used to be the most dangerous in Iraq, forget the name. None of those soliders have fired their weapons in something like five months, people were out in the streets at night, they were joining in playing pool with them and stuff. So to me, if you want to know what's next for Iraq, here's two words: continuing improvement.
Continueing improvement. Or militias actaully stop firing at you when you pay them bookoo dollars.

And if this is what victory looks like, I'd hate to see what defeat looks like.

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2008-10-18 10:38:03)

God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6341|tropical regions of london

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Continueing improvement. Or militias actaully stop firing at you when you pay them bookoo dollars.

this statement is just chalk full of ignorance.  keep it real dude.

with that logic, victory would be us killing every iraqi that has a problem with us being there.  isnt that what the whole anti war movement is against?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6660|USA

God Save the Queen wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

rather kill every iraqi that wants to shoot at us?
Rather have minded our business, but oh well. Exit stage left. Stop sending money.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Rather have minded our business
whats our business?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Last time I looked, the place looked better where the militia's were being paid to provide security for themselves, stopping the violence from arising again and therefore requiring a lighter military presence.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2008-10-18 10:41:58)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6660|USA

M.O.A.B wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Last time I looked, the place looked better where the militia's were being paid to provide security for themselves, stopping the violence from arising again and therefore requiring a lighter military presence.
Check out your economy here. Victory. Maybe for Bin Laden.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

lol.  wow.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
I'd rather go Afghanistan actually, fighting seems more intense. Rather than peace keeping.

Last edited by jord (2008-10-18 10:50:25)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6660|USA

usmarine wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

lol.  wow.
Wow is right. He wanted to cripple the US economy. Bush did it for him. Not good attacking sovereign nations who never attacked you. And we have the nerve to shit on Russia for invading Georgia. <----WOW
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

georgia was not killing its own people last time i checked.  nor did they gas their own people.  and they are our ally.  but, small facts.  put yur tin foil back on.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6660|USA

usmarine wrote:

georgia was not killing its own people last time i checked.  nor did they gas their own people.  and they are our ally.  but, small facts.  put yur tin foil back on.
Hussein was killing his own people. Almost 30 years ago. We put Saddam in power. And there is alot of bad people/dictators. Let's cherry pick the ones we want to break our economy on. Its ok. marines are still hiring.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Hussein was killing his own people. Almost 30 years ago.
?????  ok.  guess you never talked to an actual iraqi.

he also invaded kuwait memba?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6660|USA

usmarine wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Who gave him the weapons?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6516|Montucky

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

The Soviets.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

you mean russian tanks and ak's?  does it matter?  if i sell you a gun and you kill someone, am i charged for murder also?  interesting.  by that concept all bartenders should be charged with dui's also.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6660|USA

S3v3N wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

The Soviets.
You need a history lesson.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6660|USA

usmarine wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

you mean russian tanks and ak's?  does it matter?  if i sell you a gun and you kill someone, am i charged for murder also?  interesting.  by that concept all bartenders should be charged with dui's also.
One last question, I will never bring up Iraq with you again.

Was it worth it?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

and you said he didnt kill anyone in 30 years.  dont go telling people to learn something when you know shit about it yourself.   you toss around these talking points like keith oberman has his hand up your arse moving your jaw.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6516|Montucky

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

The Soviets.
We sold them Russian made Weapons?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

One last question, I will never bring up Iraq with you again.

Was it worth it?
i will let you know in a few years ok?  i know we our a society of instant results, but how about you wait and see.  i bet the marshall plan seemed very stupid at the time, but it turned out fairly well for the euros.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-10-18 11:17:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard