imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Oh yes, this video seems to be getting towards the same conclusion I did.  Controlled demolition.

(edit, i'm at about the 55 minute mark)
The thing is, you are already pre-disposed to believe it, since it simply confirms your opinions.  No criticism, just human nature.  We all want to believe that what we believe is the truth.

Yes, I have seen the wtc7 link.  And I thought the popular science article did a great job of refuting the claims.

The actual quote was 'that it appears like buildings that have been demolished.' the man who gave the quote was reffering to the similarity of appearance, not in effect.  He is also suing these people to stop misquoting him.  In the  PM article, he says that the conspiracy sites misusing his quote makes him wish he had never said anything.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6654

imortal wrote:

...as for the "controlled demolition,"  the two most common points were that the fire was below the melting strength for steel and that they windows blew out on the way down from top to bottom as it fell.

The tempurature difference between steel melting and jet fuel burning has been joyiously pointed to by conspicacy therorists.  The problem is that the steel didn't have to melt for the towers to fall.  All that had to happen was for the supporting struts to lose a little bit of their strength.  Not much; perjhaps as little as 10%.  Steel looses strength and becomes more pliant at lower tempratures than its melting temp.

The WTC towers were comercial endeavors.  They had to be physically and economically feaasable.  The means designing and building them to hold and stay up, but to do so with the minimum of materials to lower the costs to make it affordable.  That means using enough steel to support the weight of the building, and the piddly lightweight things like people and furniture that goes inside.  There would be a bit of excess capacity, but not much.

As the steel support beams warmed, they became more pliant, and lost some of theri strength.  Not much.  But enough.  As soon as the support was weak enough that it could not hold up, the roof it was holding fell.  It most likely started witha  single, maby 3 or four nearby pillars.  the roof collapsed, and then the weakened-but-not-quite-failing struts under the first pillar had a LOT more weight to deal with, and they collapesed, along with a few to each side.  So more deris hit the next floor down.  Also a bit weakened, but even more debris hit it, so it collapsed.  and so on, and so on, until it was entire floors collapsing at once.

Considering where the most weight is in the building along with the fire bweing inside, the hottest part of the fire was most likely in the center.  So the most likely failure point would be in the center, above the plane impact point.  The initial collapsing would be internal, and if there was any motion at first, it would be not only subtle, and obscured by smoke. 

Once the collapse reached the entire floor-state, two things happened.  First is that the areas above that had not collapsed lost its support from underneath, and it fell.  This would be the first obvious sign of external collapse, as the area above the fire began to sag and fall as one.

Estimated time from the first, intial support failure  to when it is visibly noticeable would only be 5 - 15 seconds.  Once a failure happens, the chain reaction would happen FAST.   Also, with the intial collapse happening inside the building, the collapsing structure is pulled in on itself, instead of being pulled over to the side.  By the time the collapse reached to non-damaged areas, the weight of collapsing material is way above any tolerances designed, and failure is almost instantanius.  Entire floors are collapsing at once.

This brings up the second point.  As the entire floor collapses, the air inside the building has to go somewhere.  remember that a building is mostly empty air. As the floor collapses and nears teh next floor down, the air is compressed, and air pressure builds until it exceeds the saftey limits on the glass.  The glass is shattered, and the air (and whatever the air can lift) is expelled out the windows.  Then that floor collapses, and the process is repeated.

Common sense time:  take a paperclip, and straighten it out.  Once it is straight, grab the parperclip in both hands, and bend it back and forth repeatedly.  What happens?  It snaps.  If you feel at the failure area, you will notice heat from the friction of you bending it.  But it is not melted at all.  The tempurature difference was enough to comprimise the metal.  Onviously, this is small scale, but shows teh basic theory.

Second, take a hard cover book, and a flat surface.  Hold your face close to the flat surface, and slam the book flat against the surface, near your face.  Take care not to hit your face.  Do you feel the air being pressed out from under the book?  Experiment with paper crumpled up near the edge and see if you can get the book to move light items with the air you displace.

DISCLAIMER:  I am not a professional engineer.  I did not pull this off of any website.  I took what I have heard and read about the WTC collapse and put muy interpretation of what I thnk happened here.
That's all well and good, but wouldn't there have been some visible sign of fire in the photos which were taken of the impact hole?  What you have stated is the official position of the 9/11 commission report, which I'm sure we are all more than well aware of as this is what I would consider a primary source in my research.  See if you can find out the name of the late architect, whether he considered the possibility that a jet might hit a building of that height, and what he expected to happen if it did.  Consider it a research assignment if you want, mainly cos I'm feeling lazy and can't be bothered to post the links myself :) If you fail I suppose I'll be forced to.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6654

imortal wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Oh yes, this video seems to be getting towards the same conclusion I did.  Controlled demolition.

The thing is, you are already pre-disposed to believe it, since it simply confirms your opinions.  No criticism, just human nature.  We all want to believe that what we believe is the truth.

Yes, I have seen the wtc7 link.  And I thought the popular science article did a great job of refuting the claims.

The actual quote was 'that it appears like buildings that have been demolished.' the man who gave the quote was reffering to the similarity of appearance, not in effect.  He is also suing these people to stop misquoting him.  In the  PM article, he says that the conspiracy sites misusing his quote makes him wish he had never said anything.
Perhaps in a similar way that you are predisposed to believe the opposite?  This is why we are having a serious debate on the subject.  And I do respect your views because you have actually thought about what you write and provided sources to back up what you say.  Touche!
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX
This building was built in the days of not so big planes.  I believe it was built to handle a plane of the era, but planes have gotten a LOT bigger, quite a bit faster, carry a whole lot more fuel, and the fuel is of a different type. 

I doubt that upgrades to the buildings would have considered 'collision by airplane' as a serious threat any more than an earthquake or volcano in NYC
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

imortal wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Perhaps in a similar way that you are predisposed to believe the opposite?  This is why we are having a serious debate on the subject.  And I do respect your views because you have actually thought about what you write and provided sources to back up what you say.  Touche!
Oh, I make absolutely no attempt to deny that I am predisposed to believe my views.  I find it hard to finish those videos.  Their logic is shaky at best, they leap to conclusions while ignoring more likely possibilities, they ignore facts in an attempt to prove their views, and they denounce any attempt to confront their shaky facts as a person 'being a dupe of the establishment.'  I end up throwing my hands up in frustration.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6654
"Ask questions.  Demand answers."

The final words of the video, and perhaps my future sig after I watch the video again tomorrow.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6654

imortal wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

imortal wrote:

Oh, I make absolutely no attempt to deny that I am predisposed to believe my views.  I find it hard to finish those videos.  Their logic is shaky at best, they leap to conclusions while ignoring more likely possibilities, they ignore facts in an attempt to prove their views, and they denounce any attempt to confront their shaky facts as a person 'being a dupe of the establishment.'  I end up throwing my hands up in frustration.
Yes, I have been in that exact frustrating position too.  Often the theories destroy their own credibility with a single step too far, thus casting doubt over all steps which lead them there.
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

The final words of the video, and perhaps my future sig after I watch the video again tomorrow.
...and if you don't like what they tell you, come up with your own.

The basic start of most conspiracy theories is that they don;t believe things could really happen the way they were presented.  But the entire point of low-probabilaty disasters like this is that a LOT of things have to fall exactly into place for it to actually happen. 

Conspiracy theorists refuse to believe it can. 

But it actually does happen.  Maybe not often.  That is why when it does, it always gets looked at funny.  After all, during the Columbia accident, what are the odds that a mission patch would be ripped off the suit of one of the astronauts, and have it fall miles to the ground, and actually found right side up?  But  improbable things DO happen.  IF they didn't, no one would ever win a lottery.
[Wolfpack]KaptMiller
+0|6747
We can stare at each bit for bit and find things to one side or the other. But we have too see it all together and a pattern turns up. And that is a cover-up no matter how you put it, its not the first time by a long shot, but it is the biggest and it keeps on going. Cause 911 changed things and keeps on changing for us all.

The war on terror is bogus and a pre-emptive attack on the western worlds civil rights.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6654
I do not believe in denoucing a persons views as that would be highly disrespectful (unless it involves alien death rays, mind controlling anal probes or bringing down jet planes with the powers of their mind), just in denouncing and disproving the sources and evidence which led them to that conclusion.
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

[Wolfpack]KaptMiller wrote:

We can stare at each bit for bit and find things to one side or the other. But we have too see it all together and a pattern turns up. And that is a cover-up no matter how you put it, its not the first time by a long shot, but it is the biggest and it keeps on going. Cause 911 changed things and keeps on changing for us all.

The war on terror is bogus and a pre-emptive attack on the western worlds civil rights.
I find that a reach.  Not as much of a reach as I would like to claim, because I can certainly see the danger.
I would prefer you present it as an opinion instead of a fact, however.  Unless you have some sort of proof that cannot be challenged.  But unless it is a gradual process being conducted by groups of Republicans AND Democrats, I don't see it holding.  It would have to be a teamwork process, unless Bush announces plans to not step down in 2008.  That is what protects America; the President can only hang around 8 years.  Okay, 10 if he is really, really sneaky.

One of my real peevs, and what completely destroys peoples' creditibility is to present their opinions as unchallengable fact.

And yes, at times I am just as guilty, as much as I try not to be.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6654

imortal wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

...and if you don't like what they tell you, come up with your own.

The basic start of most conspiracy theories is that they don;t believe things could really happen the way they were presented.  But the entire point of low-probabilaty disasters like this is that a LOT of things have to fall exactly into place for it to actually happen. 

Conspiracy theorists refuse to believe it can. 

But it actually does happen.  Maybe not often.  That is why when it does, it always gets looked at funny.  After all, during the Columbia accident, what are the odds that a mission patch would be ripped off the suit of one of the astronauts, and have it fall miles to the ground, and actually found right side up?  But  improbable things DO happen.  IF they didn't, no one would ever win a lottery.
But essentially, isn't the theory that it was done by Bin Laden just another such conspiracy without (edit:typo) proof beyond reasonable doubt that he was involved?

Erm, the only source I can find on the NASA patch says it was found with the remains of one of the astronaughts.  Assuming that NASA works within the laws of gravity and the remains of the astronaughts did indeed fall to earth as they predict, and that the patch is made of much thicker material than normal clothing, wouldn't the odds be 50/50 of falling the right way up?  And do you have a source which says it was 'found' the right way up?  It doesn't mention that here:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/space/02/0 … .columbia/

The photo shows it the right way up, but it would probably not be much of a picture the other way round.

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-03-09 17:57:30)

[Wolfpack]KaptMiller
+0|6747
there is no unchallengable fact in anything...you have your logic and some other have some other....

Do you belive in God and in what way...i mean line of religion and if not how would you make them prove God to you with unchallengable fact..good luck

I dont write fast and much cause english is not my native langue...im danish...i draw better then i write....

Last edited by [Wolfpack]KaptMiller (2006-03-09 18:00:01)

imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

[But essentially, isn't the theory that it was done by Bin Laden just another such conspiracy without (edit:typo) proof beyond reasonable doubt that he was involved?

Erm, the only source I can find on the NASA patch says it was found with the remains of one of the astronaughts.  Assuming that NASA works within the laws of gravity and the remains of the astronaughts did indeed fall to earth as they predict, and that the patch is made of much thicker material than normal clothing, wouldn't the odds be 50/50 of falling the right way up?  And do you have a source which says it was 'found' the right way up?  It doesn't mention that here:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/space/02/0 … .columbia/

The photo shows it the right way up, but it would probably not be much of a picture the other way round.
Well, the guy claims to be responsible, the consensus from the varied intel groups says it was him.  Bin Laden has better resources than your average terrorist, and he has been ramping up for more spectacular attacks against the US for years.  If the man was proclaiming his innocence, I would be looking more skeptically at it.

During the Columbia Explosion, I was living in Killeen, TX.  I heard the explosion.  The point with the patch was having to not be burned up, having to drift down on the air currents, and landing in a recoverable spot.  You are right, there is nothing saying that it was actually FOUND right side up.  In the area it was found in, it is more likely caught on-edge between weeds.

by the way, I do find it ironic that the US actually trained and funded the nut-case.  There is a lot of stupid things the US did during the cold war; time should come when we should have to clean up our messes.  That means getting rid of bin Laden, Hussein, and the other sickos we supported just to fight the Soviet Union.
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

there is no unchallengable fact in anything...you have your logic and some other have some other....

Do you belive in God and in what way...i mean line of religion and if not how would you make them prove God to you with unchallengable fact..good luck

I dont write fast and much cause english is not my native langue...im danish...i draw better then i write....
My views of God are personal.  I think as long as you are acting from day to day in a proper and correct manner, who cares HOW you are worshiping?
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6654

imortal wrote:

I find that a reach.  Not as much of a reach as I would like to claim, because I can certainly see the danger.
I would prefer you present it as an opinion instead of a fact, however.  Unless you have some sort of proof that cannot be challenged.  But unless it is a gradual process being conducted by groups of Republicans AND Democrats, I don't see it holding.  It would have to be a teamwork process, unless Bush announces plans to not step down in 2008.  That is what protects America; the President can only hang around 8 years.  Okay, 10 if he is really, really sneaky.

One of my real peevs, and what completely destroys peoples' creditibility is to present their opinions as unchallengable fact.

And yes, at times I am just as guilty, as much as I try not to be.
Does Bush have any sons to take over down the line at some point?  His family's plan might need a few years of balanced budgets and oval office cigar scandals every 8-10 years so that people don't realise how much worse off they are with sustained deficit spending.  It is theorised that Deficit spending = tax increase at some point in the future (according to Ricardian equivalence http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deficit ).

(editx2:forgot quote)

I'm not religious, although some members of my family are.  I wouldn't ask them to prove nor disprove the existence of God, because it is their choice to believe in what they wish.  But then God is not a specific incident, like September the 11th, and so there is no need to find out either way.  If anyone takes comfort from their belief in God, then more power to them, I just cannot believe that there is anything but nothing when we die and I choose to live my life without causing intentional or (edit:typo) deliberate harm to another human or animal because I believe that is the right thing to do, and this is more important than worshipping a Power greater than myself to save me from Myself and My own evil nature (which is the subcontext I perceive from all the major religions I have studied, and why I cannot place my trust in God).  Imortal, having just read your post while previewing this one I see that you've found a way to say what I think on the subject in two lines rather than 6

I would like think the last words on the vid this thread refers to indicate that they are not presenting their conclusions as unchallengable fact, they are in fact daring you to challenge and prove wrong what they have said.  Do you have anything which can prove anything from the video is not true, or that the official theory of what happened is true?

There are unchallengable facts everywhere:

* The twin towers once stood but now they have fallen.

* America (and some allies) invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.

* America has large stockpiles of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons.

The challenge is to separate these facts from biased opinions surrounding them:

* Terrorists/government destroyed the twin towers.

* America was justified to declare war on Afghanistan and Iraq because Saddam was evil / not justified because they should have got proper UN backing.

*America needs nuclear, chemical and biological weapons because without them they would be unable to defend themselves / should not have these weapons because to use them would be wrong.

imortal wrote:

Well, the guy claims to be responsible, the consensus from the varied intel groups says it was him.  Bin Laden has better resources than your average terrorist, and he has been ramping up for more spectacular attacks against the US for years.  If the man was proclaiming his innocence, I would be looking more skeptically at it.
Oh, Bin Laden claims responsibility in a video which many people believe is not actually him.  In another source (which some believe more likely to be credible) he claims that it was carried out by people with 'their own personal reasons'.

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-03-09 18:45:21)

KX500Racer
+4|6844
Sorry, but the US Air Force does not have any A-3 Skywarriors!  Only the Navy owned them.  This whole Loose Change 911 theory is a bunch of crock!!!  How do you expect to keep an operation that big so secret?  Do they realize what it would take to keep that many mouths shut?

As Don King would say, "Only in America".  Pure entertainment folks!!!  That's it!
[Wolfpack]KaptMiller
+0|6747
how about 3.2 trillion dollars....would that keep some off the mouths shut!!!
duka
+0|6627
no.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

duka wrote:

Marconius wrote:

THANK YOU imortal!  It's about time someone posted proof supporting the other side.  I'm not saying that I'm going to change my mind about the conspiracy, but you've actually gone out and done the research to prove us wrong, rather than just saying "OMG your all Retardss!1!"
Marconius, Imortal only posted credible evidence dispelling what common sense at the very least should cause you to question. Furthermore, what Imortal offered you via post was evidence establishing truth, not a theory born our of an unhealthy sense of paranoia or at the very least poorly founded skepticism. Acknowledging it as proof and then adding that a change in your mind remains questionable is ridiculous.
Still, it is nice for a change to have someone try and rebut an argument properly...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6654

KX500Racer wrote:

Sorry, but the US Air Force does not have any A-3 Skywarriors!  Only the Navy owned them.  This whole Loose Change 911 theory is a bunch of crock!!!  How do you expect to keep an operation that big so secret?  Do they realize what it would take to keep that many mouths shut?

As Don King would say, "Only in America".  Pure entertainment folks!!!  That's it!
How many people do you think had to know?  How many other recent secret covert operations have agents involved decided to own up to and admit what they did and how they did it?  Here's a hypothetical for ya:

http://911research.wtc7.net/sept11/anal … io404.html

Here's a summary for all the people who will no doubt answer the questions I've posed without reading the contents actual contents of the above link.

911research.wtc7.net wrote:

Why "Scenario 404"?

We chose this name for several reasons. First, it emphasizes that this is but one of hundreds of possible hypotheses that could be devised to explain the known facts. Its purpose is merely to show that the attack could have been executed by a small number of operatives using off-the-shelf technology. Second, it echoes the HTTP response code 404 issued by a web server when it cannot find a file requested by a client. Similarly, the evidence indicating exactly how the attack was executed will probably never be found, because part of the attack's design was to destroy that evidence.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

IronFerret wrote:

That video its so sad.. i like a lot the US, but that goverment is just dark.. i miss a lot B.Clinton even im not U.S. citizen, americans has to realize that the shit of this goverment its spreading all over the world..
yes the peace and democracy being spread is disgusting.......ridding IRAQ of a ruthless mass murderer is appalling...trying (practically alone) to stop the spread of terrorism in the world is unthinkable....Forgiving all the debt owed to AMERICA for saving your asses from deviant dictators that overthrew YOUR countries in the last century,  how dare us!!.......I said it before but I will say it again....(paraphrased from a Colin Powell comment)..AND ALL WE ASK IN RETURN IS A PLACE TO BURY OUR DEAD!!!........

Marconious I challenged you before and you never respond......other than finding a video on the internet......what do YOU personally know about any of this??? Nothing, all you do is hunt down all the negative crap you can find about Bush and his administration, all you do is feed off of other peoples insights, you don't know a thing for yourself!

I can tell you what I know!!!......and that is this........Since 911 America has never been attacked again, and this administration has put down numerous attempts.. Maybe an attack in your hometown has been prevented, who knows?  ....That means I am safe and my family is safe, so is yours.....So post all the Bush bashing, and American Govt. bashing  videos you want...Their are people gather intellegence and dying for your right to do so....

Last edited by lowing (2006-03-10 14:00:25)

Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6695|San Francisco
You want to know what I think, lowing?  I think you need to open your fucking eyes for once and look at the world around you.  I've stated my positions and have written in these forums extensively documenting and backing up my stances.

I know about the PNAC doctrine, which details out the agenda of the Bush administration.  Despite it being talked about for several months now, it is JUST now reaching the mainstream media.  I know that the 9/11 Commission report was released but heavily edited, and due to the current affairs with the CIA and FBI, I strongly think the censoring had nothing to do with protecting National Security.  The credibility of Bush's cabinet has gone into the toilet, and his approval rating has hit lows that no President of the United States has ever hit...even lower than Warren G. Harding.

You seem to not notice the blatant manifest destiny rearing its head again in the form of "liberating Iraq."  You are not catching the extreme tides of growing sectarian violence in Iraq due to our own terrorist attack on them.  The invasion was brought about by the president twisting the truth to his needs before presenting evidence to Congress, and the current right-wing sentiment was brought by him melding key speech points together to whip everyone up into an anti-Arab frenzy.  You don't seem to see how fucking STUPID it is to go to war against a Concept.  You are letting race and civil liberty infringements slide just so we can feel "protected."

PROVE that they have been stopping attacks!  PROVE that their Homeland Security department is up to snuff.  PROVE that my tax dollars are stopping terrorist attacks when they couldn't even respond to the calls for hurricane aid.  PROVE to me that this administration is actually causing nothing but good around the world, and that the rest of the world favors what we are doing.  I back myself up because that's the very nature of Debate!  Don't expect me to lower my stances or think any different if all you can do is spout slanted and uneducated trash at me and expect me to take it at face value with nothing but insults.

And don't pull that "people are dying for your freedom" bullshit with me.  Soldiers are dying, but in a country that was not in any way responsible for the hijacking.  There was no direct threat to my freedoms until we went over there and kicked up a shitstorm, but the threat doesn't come from "our enemy."  It comes from people like you and the current administration who are so cavalier about the destruction of something that's unstoppable, and the loss of our own liberty and country foundations at the expense of doing so.

You, sir, are a failure of the highest degree.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Marconius wrote:

You want to know what I think, lowing?  I think you need to open your fucking eyes for once and look at the world around you.  I've stated my positions and have written in these forums extensively documenting and backing up my stances.

I know about the PNAC doctrine, which details out the agenda of the Bush administration.  Despite it being talked about for several months now, it is JUST now reaching the mainstream media.  I know that the 9/11 Commission report was released but heavily edited, and due to the current affairs with the CIA and FBI, I strongly think the censoring had nothing to do with protecting National Security.  The credibility of Bush's cabinet has gone into the toilet, and his approval rating has hit lows that no President of the United States has ever hit...even lower than Warren G. Harding.

You seem to not notice the blatant manifest destiny rearing its head again in the form of "liberating Iraq."  You are not catching the extreme tides of growing sectarian violence in Iraq due to our own terrorist attack on them.  The invasion was brought about by the president twisting the truth to his needs before presenting evidence to Congress, and the current right-wing sentiment was brought by him melding key speech points together to whip everyone up into an anti-Arab frenzy.  You don't seem to see how fucking STUPID it is to go to war against a Concept.  You are letting race and civil liberty infringements slide just so we can feel "protected."

PROVE that they have been stopping attacks!  PROVE that their Homeland Security department is up to snuff.  PROVE that my tax dollars are stopping terrorist attacks when they couldn't even respond to the calls for hurricane aid.  PROVE to me that this administration is actually causing nothing but good around the world, and that the rest of the world favors what we are doing.  I back myself up because that's the very nature of Debate!  Don't expect me to lower my stances or think any different if all you can do is spout slanted and uneducated trash at me and expect me to take it at face value with nothing but insults.

And don't pull that "people are dying for your freedom" bullshit with me.  Soldiers are dying, but in a country that was not in any way responsible for the hijacking.  There was no direct threat to my freedoms until we went over there and kicked up a shitstorm, but the threat doesn't come from "our enemy."  It comes from people like you and the current administration who are so cavalier about the destruction of something that's unstoppable, and the loss of our own liberty and country foundations at the expense of doing so.

You, sir, are a failure of the highest degree.
There were a few reasons why we went to war in IRAQ Marconius,

The first is all through the Clinton presidency Iraq had been thumbing its nose at the UN approved resolutions that ended the first gulf war.....you seem to forget that.

Second....Also all through the Clinton Era, America had seen the first WTC attacks, the bombing of several embassies throughout the world and the bombing of 1 of our warships. more terrorist attacks happened during thr Clinton administation than anyone elses......How proud you must feel of him for not doing anything about it. You must be excited to know that Syria had Bin Laden and Clinton didn't want him.....

Now you have a president that has said enough to all of this sucker punching by these terrorist, and he has stepped up to the plate and is fighting back with a spine. Proof?? How much more proof do you want?? There has NOT been another terror attack on US soil since 911.....there is your proof.

Since when is disagreeing with you and telling you why concidered an insult?

You lost me as to how I am a failure to the highest degree.

Ask any of the military personel that are over there or have been over there and they will tell you progress is being made, schools are being built etc.....

OH and then tell them..........lets see what did you say??..oh yes!!....."And don't pull that "people are dying for your freedom" bullshit with me". We will see how that sets with them...

With last comment of yours.....you can call me a failure all you want.......but you are...well........your quote says it all better than I could.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
There was not an attack BEFORE 9/11. Before these p.o.s. 'security measures'. They've done bullshit, apart from allow the government to implement some very dangerous policies.

You are fighting something which cannot be defeated. Officials in the DHS know this. One said

"Terrorism cannot be stopped. It can only be controlled to a high degree". While there's conflict, there's terrorism.

I don't think the soldiers have much of an idea of what they're there for or why they're there. I have sympathy for the soldiers. The Vietnam War (which my parents were DIRECTILY involved) taught me that. It also, though, taught me that the military no longer gives a shit about who they kill.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard