coreinflames
+12|6679
My Question is in regards to the Higher Ranks...

it says to be a Colonel you need

Score: 180,000
Awards: Expert Armor Badge, Expert Transport Badge, Expert Helicopter Badge, Expert Aviator Badge, Expert Air Defense Badge, Expert Ground Defense Badge

Score: 180,000
Awards: Expert Knife Combat Badge, Expert Pistol Combat Badge, Expert Assault Combat Badge, Expert Anti-tank Combat Badge, Expert Sniper Combat Badge, Expert Spec Ops Combat Badge, Expert Support Combat Badge, Expert Engineer Combat Badge, Expert Medic Combat Badge

Score: 200,000

Score: 200,000
Notes: Highest rank of the month

Now - If you make it to 180,000 without the awards and want to goto 200,000, will you get the rank of Major General?

Also, why has no-one got the higher ranks,  Is it a glitch or is it because no one has the things that they need for the rank.  (i thought it was a glitch)

https://sig.gamedrome.com/gen/25465.jpg
mrsnype
+1|6718|Oslo, Norway
its because of the requirements for colonel. The expert badges are hard to gather. You also have to have the previous rank before getting the next one, so noone can skip the colonel rank and go for a general star. It seems stupid, and no one knows why eaa/dice did it this way. It should have been switched around with the badge rwequirements,  If you now get the colonel rwequirements, you will automatically get 1-3 more promotions as most people have the other expert badges already when playing at a 200,000+ point level.
TimBob
+15|6688
Colonel = 150K points that it.

Brig Gen = 180K with expert vehicle awards (no one can do for a long time really)
BillyMack
+5|6665
It might seem stupid, but it will deter stat padders...most stat padders do not waste time, and they aren't going to enjoy sitting on a TOW for 100 hours...i bet a lot of the higher ranked hackers will get bored and drop off...
MightyMet
+2|6714|Tacoma, WA
I kind of thought the point requirements were kinda low actually.  It's gonna be kinda dumb when at some point in the not too distant future we have a bunch of generals running around on the battlefield.  I think the top rank should be more like 500,000 points or something crazy like that along with all the expert badges so that only the best and most dedicated players will really every get there.  Though I guess in theory no matter how high the points are there will eventually be way too many people getting there.  Hopefully by then BF3 will be out and no one will care. 
Kolhozik
+38|6700|Phila, PA

TimBob wrote:

Brig Gen = 180K with expert vehicle awards (no one can do for a long time really)
imagine how many poeple now armor whore to get their exp. armor.
coreinflames
+12|6679
That SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks though

https://sig.gamedrome.com/gen/25465.jpg
KStryker
+1|6741|New York

Kolhozik wrote:

TimBob wrote:

imagine how many poeple now armor whore to get their exp. armor.
ROFL!!
general_rookie
Get off my lawn, whippersnapper!!
+6|6730
If you look at the EA leaderboard in the game, only a slim percentage of the 1,000,000+ players are above the 150,000 point mark.   If this teaches you anything.  EA want people to try and get badges.  People who regularly play all parts of BF2 have a unique quality.  These 'quality' players deserve the promotions.

Think real life military.  Only select, deserving soldiers are promoted.  This game is now the same way.  There are a hell of a lot more First Sargents than Sargent Majors, in the real Marines.  Thats why there is such a big jump in points needed.  Most Lieutenant Colonels wont EVER get to Major General in the real marines either.

I know it sucks, but this game rocks.  They even have rank selection figured out perfectly.  A few years down the road there will only be a few (in comparison to total players) generals - and thats how it should be.
rindfisch
+0|6655
the new rank system above 150k is totally stupid cause if youre serving 400h in armour and 300h in an aviator and your not the worsest player u have to much points before....like it is impossible to get the hours and making not any points.....and bye the way i hate using aviators cause its first too easy to score and secord if i wanna fly i buy me a nice flight simulator....they should at least take the aviator requierement out of the ranks......

Last edited by rindfisch (2006-03-15 14:10:18)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

And you're such an uber1337 pilot I presume?
skratch-x
+25|6671|NY, USA
he's not an uber1337 english speaker i'll tell you that much O_O
rindfisch
+0|6655

skratch-x wrote:

at least i speak 4 foreign languages.....what about u...before fucking up someone cause of lack skills u should take a look into the mirror....like i bet my ass that u are able to speak ZERO languages beside of english. you never left your country. you dont even have a clue whats going on in the world.....my advice think 1st before u move!
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6678|Cumberland, MD, USA

rindfisch wrote:

skratch-x wrote:

at least i speak 4 foreign languages.....what about u...before fucking up someone cause of lack skills u should take a look into the mirror....like i bet my ass that u are able to speak ZERO languages beside of english. you never left your country. you dont even have a clue whats going on in the world.....my advice think 1st before u move!
My advice is to use some good ol' rules of puncuation and spelling. They do make the world a better place, they truely do.
AdamEcks
+1|6737|Canada, Eh.

rindfisch wrote:

skratch-x wrote:

I'm assuming this was supposed to be an insult but I can't tell. It's just too hard to read.
tgust5
+22|6662
read the requirement again.  you have them mixed up.  you need transport, armor, and all of those expert badges for brigadier general.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard